Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: was lennon inspired by the kinks on abbey road  (Read 17875 times)

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
Re: was lennon inspired by the kinks on abbey road
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2009, 02:32:54 AM »

Quote from: 1997
I always thought that the guitar on the bridge of "Here Comes The Sun" was very similar to the guitar on "Badge", but I think that's very little evidence to affirm that "Here Comes The Sun" was co-written with Eric Clapton.

Clapton says in his book that George was sitting in his backyard in the England country-side just playing his guitar and Here Comes The Sun was written there.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2009, 02:07:24 PM »

Quote from: 1447

Clapton says in his book that George was sitting in his backyard in the England country-side just playing his guitar and Here Comes The Sun was written there.

But did he said that the song was co-written?
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2009, 02:16:25 PM »

i am starting to like you a hell of alot since you joined this topic... ;D
to me collaberation means some kind of help other than an idea...something more hands on....i still think i read that harrison was alone when he composed this tune...true i am not really a clapton fan so i went to great lengths to disprove peggys assumption...i believe if george said that there would be more than one site quoting that it was so...
thanks nowhereman....please tell the board i didn't bully you into posting what you did... ;)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2009, 03:54:18 PM »

Quote from: 284
thanks nowhereman....please tell the board i didn't bully you into posting what you did... ;)

pc31 (or 284) didn't tell me to post what I did. :)

This is what I found about what George said about "Here Comes The Sun":

GEORGE 1969: "It was written on a nice sunny day this early summer, in Eric Clapton's garden. We'd been through hell with business, and on that day I just felt as though I was sagging off, like from school, it was like that. I just didn't come in one day. And just the release of being in the sun and it was just a really nice day. And that song just came. It's a bit like If I Needed Someone, you know, like that basic sort of riff going through it is the same as all those 'Bells Of Rhymney' sort of Byrd-type things."

GEORGE 1980: "...written at a time when Apple was getting like school, where we had to go and be businessmen-- all this signing accounts, and 'sign this' and 'sign that.' Anyway, it seems as if winter in England goes on forever; by the time spring comes you really deserve it. So one day I decided, 'I'm going to sag-off Apple,' and I went over to Eric Clapton's house. I was walking in his garden. The relief of not having to go and see all those dopey accountants was wonderful. And I was walking around the garden with one of Eric's acoustic guitars, and wrote 'Here Comes The Sun.'"
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2009, 03:56:41 PM »

thank you sir you are a gentleman and a scholar.... :)

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2011, 09:55:49 AM »

I round this thread mostly interesting...

BTW:

...and Harrison later completed the song himself while on Holiday in Sardinia...

Does anybody know if photos from those holidays in Sardinia have surfaced??

Thanks in advance and best wishes!! ;)

Xosé

billyshears

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2011, 07:05:51 AM »

The most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.41 seconds with 50 queries.