Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527]

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 638536 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #10520 on: September 27, 2023, 04:23:24 AM »

deleted because I was too upset

Deleted for sure this time.  ;D

« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 04:47:02 AM by Normandie »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10521 on: October 27, 2023, 04:37:14 AM »

An example of the usual stellar reporting in Bismarck  ha2ha   

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10522 on: November 06, 2023, 02:27:13 AM »

I've been trying to think of what to get my older daughter when she graduates in December with her master's degree. I was considering an art-oriented music box such as this:

https://www.musicboxattic.com/copy-of-stunning-van-gogh-starry-night-musical-jewelry-box-sf-music-box-co/

I'm posting the link because it comes with a long list of music options that I thought people might be interested in, including several Beatles songs (e.g., "I Want to Hold Your Hand"—how completely sweet!  icon_love).

I found some of the options rather funny; for example, "If I Only Had a Brain" from the Wizard of Oz.  ha2ha  I know people get attached to songs for myriad reasons, but that one made me laugh. It would make a good joke gift for her if it weren't for the cost.

(That's odd: The URL indicates it's a "Starry Night" music box, but it leads to the one I was considering, which features Monet's water lilies.)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #10523 on: November 06, 2023, 03:33:57 AM »

(That's odd: The URL indicates it's a "Starry Night" music box, but it leads to the one I was considering, which features Monet's water lilies.)

Kathy, here's the link to the Starry Night music box:  Ercolano Music Box - Painting of Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh *Limited Edition Box

Unfortunately it's currently out of stock.  But call them and check on the status.  It's a nice music box.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10524 on: November 07, 2023, 12:06:07 AM »

Kathy, here's the link to the Starry Night music box:  Ercolano Music Box - Painting of Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh *Limited Edition Box

Unfortunately it's currently out of stock.  But call them and check on the status.  It's a nice music box.

Thanks, Barry! I was actually leaning toward the Monet water lilies one. I'm still not sure. I'm continuing to explore the site.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10525 on: November 30, 2023, 08:54:49 AM »

My little sweet angel dream baby apparently just scored his first job out of college. Where do the years go—and where's my wine?   :'(

I remember trying to help him learn how to tie his necktie for his band concerts. I pulled up a YouTube video and we practiced but didn't have much success. Fortunately his very kind band director tied it for him that first time and showed him how to do it. Thank you, Mr. Tafelmeyer! I think some people don't realize exactly how much of an impact their seemingly "small" acts of kindness have. 

« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 09:18:04 AM by Normandie »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #10526 on: November 30, 2023, 10:07:12 AM »

My little sweet angel dream baby apparently just scored his first job out of college. Where do the years go—and where's my wine?   :'(

I remember trying to help him learn how to tie his necktie for his band concerts. I pulled up a YouTube video and we practiced but didn't have much success. Fortunately his very kind band director tied it for him that first time and showed him how to do it. Thank you, Mr. Tafelmeyer! I think some people don't realize exactly how much of an impact their seemingly "small" acts of kindness have. 

It’s scary where the time goes. I was reacquainting my self with Chris de Burghs work (my first girlfriend introduced my to Spanish Train and Other Stories so I’ve always had a soft spot). I found this in one of his later albums. I defy any parent to listen to it and not choke up at least a little. 

https://youtu.be/BVjjUPIkcVc?si=1scNQQQ4WIeMSb-n

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10527 on: November 30, 2023, 10:20:34 AM »

I defy any parent to listen to it and not choke up at least a little. 

Oh, my, Moogmodule, that is a tearjerker par excellence. I have tears streaming down my face. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing that.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #10528 on: November 30, 2023, 10:22:52 AM »

Oh, my, Moogmodule, that is a tearjerker par excellence. I have tears streaming down my face. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing that.

Old Chris can be pretty mawkish. But sometimes some mawkishness is just what’s required.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10529 on: November 30, 2023, 09:04:41 PM »

It’s scary where the time goes. I was reacquainting my self with Chris de Burghs work (my first girlfriend introduced my to Spanish Train and Other Stories so I’ve always had a soft spot). I found this in one of his later albums. I defy any parent to listen to it and not choke up at least a little. 

https://youtu.be/BVjjUPIkcVc?si=1scNQQQ4WIeMSb-n

Wow yeah, a tear jerker.
It brought back memories of us going away on holiday, we knew our youngest son was soon moving out but when we got back he'd actually gone. I remember how sad I felt walking into his empty room. All those years of growing up, now over :(
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10530 on: December 01, 2023, 12:59:23 AM »

It brought back memories of us going away on holiday, we knew our youngest son was soon moving out but when we got back he'd actually gone. I remember how sad I felt walking into his empty room. All those years of growing up, now over :(

Awww. That reminds me of a couple of years ago when I was moving out of the three-bedroom apartment the kids and I had shared, after they all had moved out. I came across a stray Nerf bullet behind the couch and had a lump in my throat that felt like the size of a boulder.

It's such a contrasting situation: On the one hand, as a parent one is happy to see their children go out into the world on their own and be successful, but boy is it hard to let them go.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10531 on: February 11, 2024, 01:16:21 AM »

Venus and Mars will be at conjunction on 22 February 2024...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68BlWO38K24&amp;t=52s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68BlWO38K24&amp;t=52s</a>

4:30

We won't be able to see the conjunction too well here in the Western Hemisphere because it occurs in the pre-dawn sky but those of you in Europe and Australia should be able to view it easily.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38GwtJtIq8A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38GwtJtIq8A</a>

Venus and Mars are alright tonight

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10532 on: March 16, 2024, 03:13:35 PM »

Wow yeah, a tear jerker.

I found another heart-tugging song; ironically, this was the background music on a TikTok clip my younger daughter sent me. It uses female pronouns, but male pronouns would work just as well. I was brushing away tears listening to this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRr7qRb-7k4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRr7qRb-7k4</a>

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10533 on: March 16, 2024, 07:35:04 PM »

^

ABBA, S/P Disco and during marriage break-ups and divorces, provided us with mature and introspective songs.
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527]

Page created in 1.089 seconds with 64 queries.