Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Paul's Last Tour!!  (Read 4048 times)

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
Re: Paul's Last Tour!!
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 12:46:45 AM »

Apparently the Sunday Mirror was the source of these "last tour" rumors, so you can probably relax: although of course this may in fact turn out to be Paul's last big world tour, that's not a conclusion you can safely draw from having read about it in the Mirror, a paper that's usually about as reliable as a fourteen day weather forecast. Check the "quotes a source close to McCartney" bit.

Paul McCartney to quit touring?
Jun 8, 2008

Paul McCartney is set to announce a massive farewell tour, according to reports.

The UK press is claiming that the former Beatle is soon to confirm a hundred-date stretch over two years, after which time he will retire from large-scale international touring to spend more time with young daughter Beatrice.

The Sunday Mirror quotes a source close to McCartney as saying: "Paul explained that this tour will be the last big one. He wants to settle down and enjoy Beatrice's childhood.

"The tour will be the last time he performs in many parts of the world. Beatrice and his family life are going to come first. He does not want to be away for months at a time."

http://www.nme.com/news/paul-mccartney/37177

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 04:45:42 AM »

PaulieBear where are you located again?

I will not miss this show.  Luckily I live in California which is almost always a stop for most musical tours.  Can't wait to see Ringo next month!!
<br />

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 11:07:15 PM »

Quote from: 4
Your current life? Opposed to what?

i meant my future, or my past, or something............. i was just mad at Paul, i dont really know what i meant!  :o
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 01:09:07 PM »

I will be really p*ssed off if this is his last tour. It's already been established that he isn't coming to Atlantic Canada, so I won't get to see him.

Oh yeah! Only play major cities, and charge so much for your tickets that only rich people can come to your concerts!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOO ROCK AND ROLL!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 08:19:03 PM »

Can't wait to see him again!

Bobber

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2008, 09:29:05 AM »

The most famous (living) Beatle of them all, Sir Paul McCartney, will perform in Israel this summer. Forty-three years after the Israeli government prevented the fab four from holding a concert in the Holy Land; McCartney's mangers have confirmed that arrangements are being made to include Israel in his upcoming tour. Should everything go according to plan, McCartney will hold a one-time extravaganza in Israel this September. The concert will be held either in Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv or the Ramat Gan Stadium; either on the 18 or the 25 of September. Details are to be finalized within the coming days. Producer David Zarzevski is said to be the man behind the venture. Zarzevski, who produces the annual Eilat Jazz Festival, has been able to bring prominent performers such as Erika Badu and Lauryn Hill, to name a few, to Israel in the past. McCartney's production team, which comes in at just over 100 staffers, has extensive demands; heightened security, a special sound system, a huge stage and two vegetarian kitchens at the venue's location topping the list. McCartney is expected to stay in Israel for two days, but his crew will be here for four. The production costs are estimated at several million dollars, but the performance is expected to do more than just break even.

thefadedline

• A Beginning
  • I'm an idler's dream
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 12:27:58 PM »

Do you not see the love for what he does in his eyes when he plays live? I really don't believe this is his final tour. He'll be touring at 100 if he gets there.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2008, 06:35:13 PM »

Quote from: 4
Do you not see the love for what he does in his eyes when he plays live? I really don't believe this is his final tour. He'll be touring at 100 if he gets there.

I don't believe it either; I think some journalist has either simply taken a rumor for fact or muddled the idea that this is Paul's last big tour with the idea that it's his last tour. The story came from the Daily Mail, after all.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »

We also have reports that this is his last tour and he intends to spend time with Bea. Maybe he wants to sort out his personal life. But such statements have always proved to be unreliable. I ve heard other stars say the same things and then have another tour, and another tour... So let`s hope for the better!

thefadedline

• A Beginning
  • I'm an idler's dream
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2008, 09:53:06 PM »

It's understandable that he will be spending time with his new daughter to watch her grow, but to say it's his final tour is stupid. He won't retire until he's brown bread.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 02:30:45 AM »

well he is getting up there in age so it's not that surprising to me.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2008, 04:18:12 AM »

He's getting up there in age and maybe he realizes that he had his daugther late in the game and wants to make the most out of his time with her.  I wouldn't doubt is this is his last "big" tour.  He might do some shows here and there but I think there is a decent chance that this is the last big one.
<br />
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 4.974 seconds with 67 queries.