Other music forums > Musician's Corner

Paul McCartney's Rosetti Solid 7 guitar

(1/16) > >>

Xose:
Hello,

Under Bobber suggestion (=thanks Bobber!! ;) ) I start this topic.

I'm currently researching Paul McCartney's original sound prior to mid-April 1961, when he purchased in Hamburg his 1st Hofner 500/1 'violin' bass, which would be famous in the whole world two years after. I have been collecting some Paul McCartney's ger from this era, as Selmer and Reslo microphones, Elpico amp, Zenith guitar, Framus guitar, and my last finding: an original and in a superb condition Rosetti Solid 7, red coloured, from 1961....)

I'm trying to find the brand/make of the pickup he fitted to this guitar, and seen at Top Ten Club in Hamburg at the beginning of April 1961, and I thought you could help me to identify it...

Do you know which kind of pickup could be?? It seems LIKE a DeArmond but in my opinion it is NOT a DeArmond, but another German or British pickup imitating the DeArmond.

What do you think?? Could you help me??

I will be awaiting for your news...

Sincerely yours,

Xosé

[/quote]

Bobber:
You're welcome. I moved the thread to the Musician's Corner as I thought it fitted better. Of course you do know that Rosetti is the English brand name for Egmond guitars from The Netherlands. Egmond does have a Solid 7 as well. Might that be something to research? I will also sent your question and pictures to a friend who has a guitar shop downtown.

Xose:

--- Quote from: Bobber on March 09, 2010, 07:21:28 AM ---You're welcome. I moved the thread to the Musician's Corner as I thought it fitted better. Of course you do know that Rosetti is the English brand name for Egmond guitars from The Netherlands. Egmond does have a Solid 7 as well. Might that be something to research? I will also sent your question and pictures to a friend who has a guitar shop downtown.

--- End quote ---

Perfect...

Thank you VERY MUCH Bobber!! ;)

All info about Rosetti/Egmond Solid 7 (=catalogues, photos, owners, spare parts, etc.) is VERY welcome...

Xosé

Bobber:

owned by Larry Wassgren

Xose:
Thanks Bobber!! ;)

The green guitar is a Super Solid 7, i.e.: the model Egmond launched at beginning sixties to substitute the Solid 7

The red one is not Larry's anymore (=he sold it). It also hasn't the original Royal pick ups system...

I'm enclosing more photos with the original Royal pickup system fitted to Solid 7's...

Just compare the 'black strip' (=like, for example, on Macca's one) vs. the white one (=like, for example, on mine...)

Xosé

[/quote]

[/quote]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version