Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Uncut Magazine interview  (Read 2885 times)

Stratford

• A Beginning
  • Young and unlearned
    • Lair of tilly
Uncut Magazine interview
« on: July 12, 2004, 09:08:23 AM »

I've just read through the July edition of Uncut Magazine (hard to miss - big, cute piccy of Paul on the cover), which offers a + 18 pages interview entitled "McCartney: My life in the shadow of the Beatles". In spite of the gloomy title I really recommend it to everyone.

It really changed my view on many things - he talks about everything from his relationship with John to Beatles-period drugs, sex, John's legacy, his ill-gotten reputation, everybody analyzing what the Beatles were, fear of death - really tons of stuff. I found it very interesting, lots of Beatles information, and I'm starting to believe that maybe, just maybe, he isn't as uncomplicated and dull as I've been led to be believe.

There's a fair bit of padding by the interviewer in the beginning, but I really thought it was a good interview. Any views?
You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly.
George Harrison[/righ

Hannah

• A Beginning
Re: Uncut Magazine interview
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 12:01:41 PM »

I also have this magazine! It's very interessting!!!!!!!!!
Don't walk on grass-smoke it!

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 12:09:45 PM »

Thanks for the info - I will buy it forthwith!!! By the way, what's on the free CD this month? :)

Stratford

• A Beginning
  • Young and unlearned
    • Lair of tilly
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 03:02:59 PM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1089623303,s=2 date=1089634185]By the way, what's on the free CD this month? :)[/quote]
Songs Paul himself are a fan of - and any CD with both his own Calico skies and Brian Wilson's God only knows can't be too bad in my eyes (though I try to hide the fact I haven't heard of many of the other artists ;))
You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly.
George Harrison[/righ

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 44 queries.