Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John Lennon's Country Girl gets Beatles styled wed  (Read 1382 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
John Lennon's Country Girl gets Beatles styled wed
« on: April 16, 2009, 06:37:36 PM »

John Lennon's Country Girl gets Beatles styled wedding in Vegas

by Katie Hickox

April 16, 2009

http://www.beatlesnews.com/news/the-beatles/200904160703/john-lennons-country-girl-gets-beatles-styled-wedding-in-vegas.html

Brenda going into the Dakota in 1979.

Only in Las Vegas! Brenda Spencer is a lifelong Beatles fan and is marrying another fellow Beatles fan this Saturday during a recreation of a Ed Sullivan show with the Beatles in which "John" will perform the ceremony and a "Paul" and "John" impersonators play live Beatles music.

As a teenager in the late seventies, Brenda traveled from her home in Minnesota to wait outside the Dakota hoping to catch a glimpse of John. She is even featured in Fred Seaman's out of print book, Last Days of John Lennon, as 'Blonde Brenda' who hits the jackpot one day in April 1980 when John is getting ready to leave the Dakota for a few days at Cannon Hill and posed for some photos for her. Fred was John Lennon's personal assistant in the late seventies. Brenda reveals why John called her a petname after her many visits to the Dakota:

"John used to call me the "Country Girl" because as soon as he heard my accent he asked where I was from and I told him Minnesota...or he called me the girl from "Mmmmiles away"...I sort of ran away in 1978 because I wanted so bad to go to the Beatlefest and hopefully meet John, which I did many times from 1978-1980. But the last time I saw him, April 9,1980 he actually sat and posed for photos for me."

Brenda decided to have her Beatles themed wedding Saturday in Las Vegas once they were able to get VIP tickets for Sir Paul McCartney's Hard Rock Hotel concert Sunday night, April 19th.

According to Brenda, except for the bride who is wearing a white wedding gown, "all the wedding guests will be in 60's clothes or costumes representing characters from Beatles songs" and "the wedding cake will have Beatle toppers." The groom will be wearing a Sgt Pepper outfit in green and his best man and groomsman will also be wearing Sgt Pepper outfits but in different colors!

So a splendid time is guaranteed for all!

If you want to watch Brenda's special Beatles themed wedding which will take place at 5PM PST in Las Vegas, 7pm CST, 8pm ET, here is the website and be sure to click on the main chapel: http://www.vivalasvegasweddings.com

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: John Lennon's Country Girl gets Beatles styled wed
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:21:58 PM »

That's pretty cool. I would like to have a Beatles themed wedding, but I wonder what the guests think about it.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 12:08:39 AM »

Thats awesome! Lucky girl...I'd love to marry a Beatles fan and have a wedding like that. My mom would totally freak though she's very traditional and she's not really a beatles fan but I'm slowly trying to convert her and I was surprised to hear that she knew more Beatles songs than I thought...But she still calls Georgie George Hamilton, although I think she does it just to see my reaction LOL  >:(

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 02:19:59 PM »

Very cool! Those guys will be happy together. They have similar likes and addictions. This is very important.
I have a friend who was married for some time to a very wealthy Greek, but she herself decided to leave him since they actually had very little in common. Though the whole world and its riches lay before her, she turned away from them and from him.
My brother`s wife has an Austrian friend who left her rich husband and who now is happy working as a hairdresser.
Money Can`t Buy Me Love!

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 47 queries.