Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Which album are you attached to most?  (Read 31367 times)

Which album are you attached to most?
« on: September 28, 2007, 11:06:54 PM »

(This question is open for eveyone-but might be more for the older Beatle fans like myself--simply because we had more time to live with each individual LP)

Most of us love ALL their work, for better or worse...BUT which album by The Beatles do you treasure the most in a  sentimental sense..for example, it may bring back fond personal memories for you when you see the cover or hear the songs on this particular album, and so forth...

for me, it's Rubber Soul. Anytime I see the cover I'm literally transported back to late '65 (and early '66 when, at 13, I got the record for my b-day) It's the record that made me even a deeper Beatle nut than I was. R.S. is such a personal album for me....not only is it a beautiful work of art, but it's my personal time machine as well.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Which album are you attached to most?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 11:20:21 PM »

Same here.....Rubber Soul woke me up when I was a teenager.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:06:46 AM by Hello Goodbye »
I can stay till it's time to go

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 11:50:28 PM »

thx, H.G. and ahhhhh THX for adding THE COVER !!

:)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 12:09:42 AM »

Ran right out and got this jacket.  (Wish it would fit me now, but another has replaced it)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:10:20 AM by Hello Goodbye »
I can stay till it's time to go

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 12:15:14 AM »

Yesterday and Today ( even though it was a U.S release ) does it for me. My older bother had the record albums, and I used to get into his collection and that was the one I played over and over. Of course later I got my own collection, first on tapes then later cds. But, of course with the cds Y&D was not released.
"Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 12:22:37 AM »

The White Album for me and Rubber Soul :)

DaveRam :)

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 01:00:59 AM »

Quote from: 761
Yesterday and Today ( even though it was a U.S release ) does it for me. My older bother had the record albums, and I used to get into his collection and that was the one I played over and over. Of course later I got my own collection, first on tapes then later cds. But, of course with the cds Y&D was not released.

and that reminds me, Pasta...wouldn't ya just love getting the original "Butcher's" cover of "Y&T"?...I never did get my hands on one(but hope to someday)..I just had the standard "Paul in steamer chest" cover like everybody else had in 1966...but even THAT is nostalgic now...

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 01:05:18 AM »

obviously loving them all, i find myself playing magical mystery tour most followed closely by abbey road and past masters 2

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 01:57:26 AM »

I like to mix them up. Probably Abbey Road is my favorite Beatles album. Hard to say. I generally play whatever track(s) I'm in the mood for.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 03:44:27 AM »

Quote from: 829

and that reminds me, Pasta...wouldn't ya just love getting the original "Butcher's" cover of "Y&T"?...I never did get my hands on one(but hope to someday)..I just had the standard "Paul in steamer chest" cover like everybody else had in 1966...but even THAT is nostalgic now...

Yeah that's the one he had, the standard cover. But, how I miss those album jackets.
&quot;Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive&quot;

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 03:22:58 PM »

Simple: "IT'S" ...

Sgt Pepper Lonely's Hearts Club Band, the album i discovered the beatles & i CAN'T
LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!!! :) :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 03:25:51 PM »

Quote from: 614
Simple: "IT'S" ...

Sgt Pepper Lonely's Hearts Club Band, the album i discovered the beatles & i CAN'T
LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!!! :) :)

I agree, hehe. It's the album I always have in my room and I listen to it all the time.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 08:50:47 PM »

Well... for me it's LOVE because that's the CD that got me into them  :)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 10:50:14 PM »

Hooray! I love Love. I think it was the second album I bought, along with Abbey Road.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

matthew

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 06:50:11 AM »

white album absolutely

that will never change

abbey road is a distant second

BlueMeanie

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 03:29:57 PM »

A Hard Day's Night. The first album I ever owned, way back in...*#?* And still my favourite Beatles album.

ElementaryPenguin

• A Beginning
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 09:14:10 PM »

Rubber Soul still does it for me.
[size=14] &quot;Reality leaves a lot to the imagination&quot;-JL<br /><br />&quot;It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurryi

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 09:45:19 PM »

I got into the Beatles in April 2006 when I heard Love Me Do play in a restaurant. So after that, I dug out my dad's "One" album and listened to the whole thing straight through. That was it for me, I fell in love with that CD and the Beatles. It was the first one I ever listened to, and it got me hooked, and I pretty much listened to it every day from then on. I remember that a lot of the songs sounded very familiar, having listened to them without knowing it in the car on vacation or something years before. So when I listen to the One album, I like to think about the very first time and that whole time period when I was just learning everything new about the Beatles. I loved the booklet inside, and was instantly trying to learn the lyrics to all the songs. That album did me in. Not necessarily my favorite, but I'm probably attached to it the most. There's a difference, I guess 'cause it was the album that brought the Beatles into my life.

But as for the original albums, Rubber Soul and Abbey Road were the first ones I ever bought a little over a year ago. I loved them both instantly, and couldn't stop listening to them. I thought they were the greatest. And also last summer, I hadn't bought A Hard Day's Night yet, but found that my dad had the record so I listened to that every day, even though it was very bad quality 'cause our needle isn't too great. I was into my whole Hard Day's Night kick, watching the movie endlessly and replaying the album over and over and over... I also have some fond memories of sitting on the couch on a snow day off of school and just listening to the Beatles almost all day, watching the snow fall. Heaven...
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 11:24:59 PM »

Revolver

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 05:39:58 AM »

i know this is old, but sergeant pepper's. this is because i have GREAT (yet often simple) memories. for example: i have memories of me skipping around the pool as soon as i could skip holding the alum slipcover over my head while singing along with Lucy. great times
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 92 queries.