Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 203

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 336406 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #1900 on: December 13, 2013, 04:00:08 AM »

We're waiting for something big this weekend! The weathermen aren't saying how big yet but it's going to be a 2 day affair. The first Nor'easter of the season. Usually big!

Looks like The Weather Channel is at it again.  What did they name this one, Dave?
I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1901 on: December 13, 2013, 04:03:07 AM »

I was talking to my father, who lives in Florida, earlier today and he mentioned a wind chill when the temperature was about 60! I was like, "Wait! You don't get to use the phrase wind chill until the temperatures hit at least 30!"   ;)   

I've been in Florida when it's 60.  They all wear heavy coats.  It's a riot!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1902 on: December 13, 2013, 12:56:57 PM »

Looks like The Weather Channel is at it again.  What did they name this one, Dave?
No name for this one. It's an orphan!

Latest forecast 12-16"! Looks like a white Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:11:03 PM by Dcazz »
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1903 on: December 13, 2013, 06:42:18 PM »

No name for this one. It's an orphan!

Latest forecast 12-16"! Looks like a white Christmas!

Lucky! I love snow. Ice and subzero temps I can do without, but bring on the snow!   :)  Hope you enjoy a cozy weekend.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1904 on: December 14, 2013, 06:02:06 AM »

2 -4 inches of snow are on the way...

The Beatles - Ticket To Ride

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1905 on: December 14, 2013, 06:04:49 AM »

Then it's supposed to turn to...

The Beatles - Rain (Rare VĂ­deo) HD

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1906 on: December 15, 2013, 05:40:37 PM »

8"-10"! Very light, easy to remove snow! Nice!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #1907 on: December 15, 2013, 08:26:30 PM »

8"-10"! Very light, easy to remove snow! Nice!

It just can't seem to stop snowing here! But I saw that "r" word in the forecast for Friday and I do mind. I don't want to lose the snow before Christmas but I guess that's just one of those things that no one can control.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1908 on: December 15, 2013, 09:20:23 PM »

We've got another one coming Tuesday.
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1909 on: December 15, 2013, 11:55:16 PM »

Does the Weather Channel have a name for this one too?

We got just what they said we'd get here in New Jersey, 3 inches of snow which turned to rain.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1910 on: December 16, 2013, 02:29:38 AM »

I think the weathermen get kickbacks up here! Every time we're going to get snow they lay it on thick! If you go to one of the grocery stores the shelves are very low. It seems absurd to get so much for an regular old storm! I make sure I have wine or beer and that's about it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1911 on: December 16, 2013, 03:24:39 AM »

Weathermen certainly sell lots of groceries, salt, and shovels that's for sure.

Bob Dylan: Dont Look Back - Clip

1:00   You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1912 on: December 16, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »

I think the weathermen get kickbacks up here! Every time we're going to get snow they lay it on thick!

That's because they are all weather geeks, and I use the term with affection, not sneeringly. I was married to a forecaster (not the TV kind) for 18 years, and boy, do they get enthusiastic. (On the other hand, he called me a "word nerd." [That was in better days, obviously.]) My ex and his friends are probably the only people I know who come back from vacations with photos of waterspouts, dust devils, and clouds.  ha2ha  Nothing excites a weather geek more than a tornado or a snowstorm.

If you go to one of the grocery stores the shelves are very low. It seems absurd to get so much for an regular old storm! I make sure I have wine or beer and that's about it!

When I lived in Virginia, people would do that at even the slightest hint of snow in the forecast. It drove me nuts! I can understand folks in your area, Dave, stocking up when facing 8 to 10 inches, but in VA they'd do it at the prospect of a mere 1 inch. I had to keep reminding myself that the people just weren't accustomed to snow but I'd still end up gritting my teeth in annoyance at all the hysteria.

I make sure I have wine, too! And toilet paper and books. I'd be hard put to prioritize them, actually.   ;D

KelMar

« Reply #1913 on: December 16, 2013, 11:28:17 PM »

When I lived in Virginia, people would do that at even the slightest hint of snow in the forecast. It drove me nuts! I can understand folks in your area, Dave, stocking up when facing 8 to 10 inches, but in VA they'd do it at the prospect of a mere 1 inch. I had to keep reminding myself that the people just weren't accustomed to snow but I'd still end up gritting my teeth in annoyance at all the hysteria.

Kathy, my brother lived near Charlottesville for several years and he said the same thing you're saying about 1" of snow. It was the extremely slow driving that got on his nerves. After that he lived in Connecticut and then Rochester where there's real snow.  :) 

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1914 on: December 17, 2013, 03:27:00 AM »

That's because they are all weather geeks, and I use the term with affection, not sneeringly. I was married to a forecaster (not the TV kind) for 18 years, and boy, do they get enthusiastic. (On the other hand, he called me a "word nerd." [That was in better days, obviously.]) My ex and his friends are probably the only people I know who come back from vacations with photos of waterspouts, dust devils, and clouds.  ha2ha  Nothing excites a weather geek more than a tornado or a snowstorm.

I make sure I have wine, too! And toilet paper and books. I'd be hard put to prioritize them, actually.   ;D
I rode my motorcycle thru a dust devil in Nevada years ago! I was going about 85 and while I was watching 3 coming down the valley a couple miles away one appeared right in front of me. I just had time to lie on the tank and wham! I went right through it! Had bruises on my knees from the rocks and stuff that hit me. I came out the other side just fine. Probably my high speed that saved my life. I'll take 8-10" of snow any day!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Mark Twain

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1916 on: December 17, 2013, 08:09:23 AM »

Sunny sunny sunny!!!! A bit of a chilly breeze in the eve

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1917 on: December 17, 2013, 11:56:52 AM »

-12 F
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #1918 on: December 18, 2013, 08:05:44 AM »

Sunny sunny sunny!!!! A bit of a chilly breeze in the eve

I don't mind the cold here that much but if we could just have sunny, sunny, sunny I would be very happy!

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1919 on: December 18, 2013, 08:24:19 AM »

I don't mind the cold here that much but if we could just have sunny, sunny, sunny I would be very happy!
Have some *sends Kelley NZ sun*

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 203

Page created in 0.853 seconds with 76 queries.