Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 252597 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1920 on: January 30, 2014, 07:25:00 AM »

Haha, that's awesome. I like people with a sense of humor like that. One time in 10th grade for a government test, we had to choose a person's name out of the four multiple choice possible answers. The teacher put normal names in, but then one of the choices was Penny Lane! Lol. I'm the only person who got that joke in the whole class I bet;)

You're an anachronism.   ;)

The Rolling Stones - Out Of Time

You're out of time...but in a good way.    :)
I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #1921 on: July 06, 2014, 09:51:10 PM »

You know you're a fan when you buy the original Beatles Flip Your Wig board game on eBay and actually want to play it and not just use it for collecting purposes. Lol  :laugh:
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

IanIachimoe

• One And One Is Two
You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1922 on: July 07, 2014, 04:37:33 PM »

Your 8 yr old daughter knows each member, their role in the band, their voices & the words to almost every song...

KelMar

« Reply #1923 on: July 07, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »

Your 8 yr old daughter knows each member, their role in the band, their voices & the words to almost every song...

Well done! My kids were more apt to say they liked The Beatles when they were younger, mostly because I named our Boston Terrier puppy Penny Lane. They loved to listen to her song but all I had was the CD of the Blue album at that point so I guess I didn't expose them to enough. I know my daughter has a lot of my stuff on her iPod and my son has a few songs but the enthusiasm just isn't there!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1924 on: July 10, 2014, 12:44:31 AM »

You know you're a fan when you buy the original Beatles Flip Your Wig board game on eBay and actually want to play it and not just use it for collecting purposes. Lol  :laugh:

Hadn't heard of that one! I'll have to look for it.  :)

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #1925 on: July 10, 2014, 08:47:46 AM »

Sorry is not important you are a fan when you know how many children have the Members of The beatles

IanIachimoe

• One And One Is Two
You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1926 on: July 17, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »

Well done! My kids were more apt to say they liked The Beatles when they were younger, mostly because I named our Boston Terrier puppy Penny Lane. They loved to listen to her song but all I had was the CD of the Blue album at that point so I guess I didn't expose them to enough. I know my daughter has a lot of my stuff on her iPod and my son has a few songs but the enthusiasm just isn't there!

She didn't have much choice. It's the only thing I listen to in the car, swapping out one album for another. Captive audience & repetition I guess.

But she does sing along & seems to enjoy the music... Though she won't admit it. She has some on her iPod as well :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1927 on: July 17, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »

She didn't have much choice. It's the only thing I listen to in the car, swapping out one album for another. Captive audience & repetition I guess.

But she does sing along & seems to enjoy the music... Though she won't admit it. She has some on her iPod as well :)

That's exactly what I did with my three kids, cause the Beatles are pretty much all I listen to in the car as well. Caught one of 'em listening to "Because" on her iPod the other day.  :)

KelMar

« Reply #1928 on: July 18, 2014, 04:27:20 AM »

Quote from: Normandie
That's exactly what I did with my three kids, cause the Beatles are pretty much all I listen to in the car as well.

Aha! So that's where I went wrong! My daughter and I spent hours together in the car when she was a teenager in 4H and I let her run the radio.
I didn't have the amount of Beatles' music that I do now but on those rare occasions when I was alone in the car I changed XM Radio to "The Sixties on Six" and waited for the Beatles Bell at the top of every hour. I should have just turned it there and broken off the tuning knob!

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1929 on: July 18, 2014, 04:30:32 PM »

my 16 year old son has 99% of his music on his device is from my collection (not really much modern) including many beatle/solo songs.  Yesterday had him and 5 of his friends out at lake and my son played DJ for a while and towards the end of Yesterday one of his friends asked "who is this?"  I jerked my head around to see if it was a joke but he really didn't know.  Sad.  Proud moment for me though.

KelMar

« Reply #1930 on: July 18, 2014, 04:42:17 PM »

towards the end of Yesterday one of his friends asked "who is this?"  I jerked my head around to see if it was a joke but he really didn't know.  Sad.  Proud moment for me though.

He's lucky to have your son for a friend! I remember when my daughter used to watch American Idol they would do a Beatles week. One girl on there had such a hard time because she had never heard of them! It's hard to imagine how someone involved with performing music could be in that position!

KelMar

« Reply #1931 on: September 13, 2014, 11:11:49 PM »

...when the forecasted temperatures during the weather report make you think of The Beatles. 62...Star Club, 64...A Hard Day's Night and so on.  ;D

KelMar

« Reply #1932 on: January 05, 2018, 05:31:57 AM »

Another weather related one...You know you’re a fan when you arrive home but sit in the freezing cold car to finishing hearing “For You Blue”. I’m either a fan or crazy.  ;D

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1933 on: January 05, 2018, 11:29:33 AM »

You know you are a fan when you switch to an all Beatles playlist :
a) to celebrate your great mood
b) to help you enjoy your melancholy mood
c) to somehow pull you out of your p*ssed off mood

All have happened recently for this fan...

KelMar

« Reply #1934 on: January 05, 2018, 10:48:33 PM »

You know you are a fan when you switch to an all Beatles playlist :
a) to celebrate your great mood
b) to help you enjoy your melancholy mood
c) to somehow pull you out of your p*ssed off mood

All have happened recently for this fan...

They’re an all-purpose band!

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #1935 on: January 16, 2018, 09:55:39 AM »

When people say do you listen to anything else apart from The Beatles? You reply yes John Lennon Paul McCartney George Harrison & Ringo Starr solo

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #1936 on: February 05, 2018, 04:46:34 PM »

....when you buy a Beatles lunchbox and carry it to work everyday!

Omg, I used to post on this thread as a 16 year old and here I am again at almost 27 years old!  :o
-Julia

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1937 on: February 06, 2018, 12:23:28 AM »

Welcome back, Julia!
I can stay till it's time to go

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #1938 on: February 06, 2018, 03:26:05 PM »

Welcome back, Julia!

Thanks! I leave for awhile, but always come back here and there  ;)
-Julia

timothy

• One And One Is Two
  • Nowhere Man
« Reply #1939 on: February 20, 2018, 11:19:02 AM »

When people say do you listen to anything else apart from The Beatles? You reply yes John Lennon Paul McCartney George Harrison & Ringo Starr solo
Pretty much. Especially Lennon in my case.
1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98

Page created in 0.692 seconds with 80 queries.