Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 252591 times)

KelMar

Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1820 on: July 21, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »

Here's another "you know you're a fan...":

When you spent 3 hours the other day watching Beatles videos on Youtube (what's everyone lookin' at me for? I didn't do that...).  ;)

That's okay; time works differently in YouTube Land. You were really only there 15 minutes.   ;)

ilovegeorge78

• A Beginning
  • No need for Judo Chopping Ringo,George!
« Reply #1821 on: July 21, 2011, 11:14:56 PM »

When you nearly cry when you are about to buy a beatles guitar strap and the time runs out =(
All the world's a birthday cake,so take a piece but not too much.-George Harrison
Imagine theres no heaven-John Lennon
MAYBE IM AMAZEED!!!-Paul McCartney
I wanna be your MAN!-Ringo Starr

RingoFan1964

• Getting Better
  • Have you ever wished upon a Starr?
« Reply #1822 on: July 22, 2011, 12:33:14 AM »

Ah, Julia, I know it's tough but just try to relax and be yourself. You're such a sweet girl! And maybe the big kiss should come a bit later, like after you say hello.  ;)

Yes very true... although with my guy I met him at a store and kissed him about 4 months after we started dating since I wanted to make sure he was the one I wanted my first kiss to be with. ha2ha

But I have another one:
You know you're a fan when you are in Walmart and another girl next to you happens to see the Beatles stuff and screams her guts out in my ear and I helped her get the notebooks and stuff from the top shelf... I wouldn't have helped her get the notebooks if it had been a Justin Bieber notebook so I consider this something to write about. :P
A Starr like no other.

^All my best boys are in this picture.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #1823 on: July 22, 2011, 04:18:02 PM »

^Nice! (both the first part and the notebook part) :) My parents were literally MARRIED 4 months after they met. No joke. Guess they just knew it was the right one. Thank God, or else I wouldn't be here to type this right now. ;)

That's okay; time works differently in YouTube Land. You were really only there 15 minutes.   ;)

LOL! Yeah, my mom walked by the computer the other day when I was watching all that stuff, and she's like "you're obsessed..." That's all she said, LOL. She has no room to talk though.  :) She was a fan in the '60s (she was 7 when they played on Ed Sullivan and very much remembers it), and was just as obsessed as me. Just thought of this: if they had Youtube back then can you imagine how much the girls would freak? They probably wouldn't even hardly be at school, just home gawking at "the boys". LOL.

And you know you're a fan when you get your dad a new needle for his record player, and are just as excited about getting it as he is (maybe more??).  ;) I think it's coming in the mail today or in a few days, and I can't waaaaait to stick an old Beatles record from the 60s on that thing and let it spin.  :) I like the whole novelty of listening to a record, but haven't really done it too much 'cause our needle has been bad for a long time. Records are the funnest way to listen to music I think.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:21:19 PM by Beatlemaniac64 »
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

RingoFan1964

• Getting Better
« Reply #1824 on: July 22, 2011, 07:00:23 PM »

^Nice! (both the first part and the notebook part) :) My parents were literally MARRIED 4 months after they met. No joke. Guess they just knew it was the right one. Thank God, or else I wouldn't be here to type this right now. ;)

. Records are the funnest way to listen to music I think.

Yikes four monthsto marry... def the "soulmate" thing going on there. haha well I guess it didn't take long for my grandparents to get married either, he met her when she was 16 and got married about three or four months later.  ;D Love is interesting that way...

^ I agree with the record thing.  ;D
A Starr like no other.

KelMar

« Reply #1825 on: July 23, 2011, 02:01:45 AM »

Quote from: Beatlemaniac64
Records are the funnest way to listen to music I think.

Yep!

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #1826 on: July 23, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »

*cough cough* this just in...you know you're a Beatles fan when you get so distracted singing along to All My Loving that you burn the popcorn you were popping  roll:)

I'm not even mad.
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

RingoFan1964

• Getting Better
« Reply #1827 on: July 23, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »

*cough cough* this just in...you know you're a Beatles fan when you get so distracted singing along to All My Loving that you burn the popcorn you were popping  roll:)

I'm not even mad.

hehe I did that too with food on Thanksgiving. My family was a bit mad.  ha2ha

You Know You're a fan when you're suppose to paint something that means a lot to you in a painting so you paint Ringo's drums and Ringo.  ;D
A Starr like no other.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #1828 on: July 25, 2011, 07:31:37 PM »

I went to target yesterday and found the AHDN cover notebook! My mom went to walmart this morning and got me a couple notebooks,one that has the logo and one with them jumping and it has all the song names from 64.I wish i had a Abbey Road folder! That's pretty awesome!! Y'know..i think our teachers might like us more than the others... ha2ha

You know you're a fan when after reading posts on here from Beatlesrlove, ilovegeorge78, and RingoFan1964, you decide you'll walk by the notebook aisle at Wal-Mart, just in case there may be something Beatley. Sure enough, I found a bunch of Beatles notebooks yesterday! I bought two of them, and am going back to buy the other three! I bought the one that's the cover of the Hard Day's Night soundtrack album, and the one with them jumping. So thanks you guys for bringing this up! I never would've got the idea to look, I didn't even know they had Beatles notebooks anywhere but online or something. Can't wait to see a stack of Beatles notebooks on my desk at college, LOL.  ;D

You know you're a fan when you get tears in your eyes and get extremely mad when you lose a bid on ebay for a collection of 10 original Beatles fan magazines from the early '60s. I wanted them so bad and it was sooo close too. I found out that bidding sucks, just leaves me disappointed...

On a lighter note, you know you're a fan when you look at this pic and slowly come to the realization that you're actually jealous of a freakin' bird. These have to be the two luckiest birds ever.  ;) I made this my wallpaper and it says "Chick Magnet".  ;)

-Julia

ilovegeorge78

• A Beginning
  • No need for Judo Chopping Ringo,George!
« Reply #1829 on: July 27, 2011, 09:51:51 PM »

You know you're a fan when after reading posts on here from Beatlesrlove, ilovegeorge78, and RingoFan1964, you decide you'll walk by the notebook aisle at Wal-Mart, just in case there may be something Beatley. Sure enough, I found a bunch of Beatles notebooks yesterday! I bought two of them, and am going back to buy the other three! I bought the one that's the cover of the Hard Day's Night soundtrack album, and the one with them jumping. So thanks you guys for bringing this up! I never would've got the idea to look, I didn't even know they had Beatles notebooks anywhere but online or something. Can't wait to see a stack of Beatles notebooks on my desk at college, LOL.  ;D

You know you're a fan when you get tears in your eyes and get extremely mad when you lose a bid on ebay for a collection of 10 original Beatles fan magazines from the early '60s. I wanted them so bad and it was sooo close too. I found out that bidding sucks, just leaves me disappointed...

On a lighter note, you know you're a fan when you look at this pic and slowly come to the realization that you're actually jealous of a freakin' bird. These have to be the two luckiest birds ever.  ;) I made this my wallpaper and it says "Chick Magnet".  ;)

muahahahahah! i might need to steal your background....
All the world's a birthday cake,so take a piece but not too much.-George Harrison
Imagine theres no heaven-John Lennon
MAYBE IM AMAZEED!!!-Paul McCartney
I wanna be your MAN!-Ringo Starr

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #1830 on: July 28, 2011, 04:20:26 AM »

^LOL! It's all yours.  ;) I like your "muahahahaha" laugh, by the way.  ;D

Here's some more serious cases of Beatle obsession:
You know you're a fan when you freak out when shaking a photographer's hand who met George Harrison! Well, I didn't visibly or verbally freak out, just mentally, haha. Although, when I shook his hand, he's like "you're blushing". LOL. I don't know why I was. You guys might've heard of him, his name is Baron Wolman. He's a cool guy. Anyways, I thought of it as indirectly shaking George's hand and the rest of the Beatles for that matter! 'Cause I shook the photographer's hand, and he shook George's, and George must've shook hands with the other three Beatles at some point or at least touched them. It makes me happpy thinking of it that way. Wow, I'm in a sad state... ;)

You know you're a fan when you get a cork board for your room, and by the time you're done putting stuff on it, you realize 99% of it is covered with Beatle faces. Um...yeah...

You know you're a fan when you are very excited by the discovery that you can print off the exact image that's paused in a Youtube video. Just figured it out today (it's probably old news to everyone else?), and it produces some great and cute Beatles pics!  ;)
-Julia

Beatles96

• One And One Is Two
  • Strawberry Fields Forever
« Reply #1831 on: July 28, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »

You know you're a fan when you spend $500 to see a Paul McCartney concert.
There Will Be An Answer, Let It Be.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1832 on: July 28, 2011, 08:33:22 PM »

Anyways, I thought of it as indirectly shaking George's hand and the rest of the Beatles for that matter! 'Cause I shook the photographer's hand, and he shook George's, and George must've shook hands with the other three Beatles at some point or at least touched them. It makes me happpy thinking of it that way. Wow, I'm in a sad state... ;)

...That would have been my line of thinking, exactly!    ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1833 on: July 28, 2011, 11:41:22 PM »

Just thought of this: if they had Youtube back then can you imagine how much the girls would freak? They probably wouldn't even hardly be at school, just home gawking at "the boys". LOL.

Nah!  YouTube wasn't necessary.  In 1964, all you had to do was mention the name of one of The Beatles and you got reaction like this....

We used to do this all day long to the girls in our class.   ha2ha

I can stay till it's time to go

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #1834 on: July 29, 2011, 12:01:56 AM »

^LOL! Good point. Nice pic, by the way.   :D

You know you're a fan when you spend $500 to see a Paul McCartney concert.

Good one  :) I did that exact thing last summer. It's money well spent.  :) And welcome to the forum!
-Julia

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #1835 on: July 29, 2011, 12:47:38 AM »

Nah!  YouTube wasn't necessary.  In 1964, all you had to do was mention the name of one of The Beatles and you got reaction like this....

We used to do this all day long to the girls in our class.   ha2ha

HAHA! Oh, my God, everybody in my class did the exact same thing to me since I was the only Beatles fan! And I always reacted (still do) like that...Beatlemania lives  ;D
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #1836 on: August 03, 2011, 04:33:53 PM »

You know you're a Beatles fan when at the end of a text conversation with your boyfriend, while typing 'love you too', you automatically think of Revolver and leave the second 'o' off 'too'...  and then giggle and change it grudgingly.  :P

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

yavanna

• A Beginning
« Reply #1837 on: August 03, 2011, 04:54:03 PM »

... when you laugh at the fact that you happen to eat scrambled eggs while listening to "Yesterday" -that was me some minutes ago
If the sun has faded away
I'll try to make it shine

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #1838 on: August 09, 2011, 07:08:01 AM »

I got one! When you spend the entire morning listening to The Beatles and watching Abbey Road while talking to other Beatlemaniacs about who crosses the road  ha2ha

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1839 on: August 09, 2011, 08:51:28 PM »

I love these posts! It's so great to be around (well, in a virtual sense at least) other Beatlemaniacs  :D

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 98

Page created in 0.797 seconds with 89 queries.