Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 252583 times)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1840 on: August 15, 2011, 10:19:09 AM »

... when you laugh at the fact that you happen to eat scrambled eggs while listening to "Yesterday" -that was me some minutes ago
Thats classic!!!!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1841 on: September 12, 2011, 04:52:42 AM »

When you drive a yellow beetle with a Beatley number plate (yellow because of the submarine)

I didnt get that far (too poor!) but I got me a green (sea of) beetle and Im playing the Beatles in it :)

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #1842 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:22 PM »

You know you're a Beatles fan when you're stopped by a stranger asking where you got your Beatles bag because she really likes it, to which you have to stop yourself from hugging her and enthusing about your alleigance as a fellow Beatlemaniac...  and just tell her where you got it from  :P

Also happened today, you know you're a Beatles fan when you see that Paul is doing a final tour ending in Liverpool three days before your birthday, and you'll be free to go and have the money...  and even though you don't have tickets yet and might not even get them, scream in happiness and bounce around the room like a young child who's just been told it's going to Disneyland.  :D

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

KelMar

« Reply #1843 on: October 10, 2011, 06:04:43 PM »

You know you're a Beatles fan when you're stopped by a stranger asking where you got your Beatles bag because she really likes it, to which you have to stop yourself from hugging her and enthusing about your alleigance as a fellow Beatlemaniac...  and just tell her where you got it from  :P

I know just how you feel Shirli! That's how it is for me when someone checks out our Beatles CDs at the library or is wearing a Beatles t-shirt, which happened the other day. I always think though that I can never adequately explain the depth of my devotion!

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #1844 on: October 11, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »

I know just how you feel Shirli! That's how it is for me when someone checks out our Beatles CDs at the library or is wearing a Beatles t-shirt, which happened the other day. I always think though that I can never adequately explain the depth of my devotion!

Haha, it's quite an overpowering affliction isn't it?!  I've recently made friends with someone at university and we're the two geeks of the class who always end up flapping our mouths about the music we love and always get the eye-rolling and sneering from the rest of the class...  but if you're doing a music degree, then surely it's the best place for ultra-enthusiasm?!  Conversely, I hate it when you see someone wearing the t-shirt or bag or something similar of a band you love, and go to talk to them about it and they tell you they don't really know the band, they just liked the item or wanted to look cool...  I'll never fully understand why people do that.  Someone I know saw a girl wearing a Nirvana t-shirt recently, and since they're his fave band, he asked her what her fave songs were, and it turned out she didn't even know who Nirvana were or that it was a band t-shirt, she only bought it because she liked the smiley face on it...   roll:)

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

KelMar

« Reply #1845 on: October 11, 2011, 05:26:13 PM »

Someone I know saw a girl wearing a Nirvana t-shirt recently, and since they're his fave band, he asked her what her fave songs were, and it turned out she didn't even know who Nirvana were or that it was a band t-shirt, she only bought it because she liked the smiley face on it...   roll:)
xxx

Uh! Blasphemy!

eraser.time206

• One And One Is Two
  • Groupie
« Reply #1846 on: October 31, 2011, 09:26:27 PM »

You know you're a fan when your therapist suggests that you keep listening to the Beatles for the sake of your mental health.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:28:44 PM by eraser.time206 »
Before I go on, let me warn you that I talk dirty, and that I will say things you will neither enjoy nor agree with. You shouldn't feel threatened, though, because I am a mere buffoon, and you are all philosophers.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1847 on: July 09, 2012, 03:52:01 AM »

A complicated reason....:

The Things You Do For Love was playing at the shop I work in and I immedeately thought: Hello Goodbye :)

Explanation: Hello_Goodbye made a thread called The Things We Do For Love -> So that makes me a Beatles AND a DM fan..... oh yea!!!!  8)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1848 on: July 09, 2012, 04:01:45 AM »

^

And you add Beatles movie phraseology to your everyday conversations.

Yes!  You're a true fan, KE!   ;)
I can stay till it's time to go

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #1849 on: July 09, 2012, 10:52:26 AM »

When you buy the stereo and mono 2009 box sets, The Capitol Albums volumes 1 and 2, the Millennium Remaster CD of the U.S. A Hard Day's Night, The Beatles Audiophile Cd - Yesterday And Today (Mono & Stereo), Dr Ebbett's Get Back Original Version (The Glyn Johns produced sessions that were forgotten when they made Abbey Road), Dr Ebbetts Beatles Cd - Rubber Soul (Outfake Stereo Remix)-just to hear what it sounds like  ;D.

When you buy Box of Vision even though you don't store CDs in it.

And...and...and...even though you no longer own a turntable and don't plan on buying one, you serious consider buying the remastered vinyl box set that's rumored to be coming out later this year for the 12" album covers!
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Bobber

« Reply #1850 on: July 10, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »

Uhmmm, yes, I think it says something! Even I don't do that! ha2ha

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #1851 on: July 10, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »

Yeah, I probably need therapy  :-\

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #1852 on: July 10, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »

^

And you add Beatles movie phraseology to your everyday conversations.

Not a bit like Cagney.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1853 on: July 10, 2012, 11:58:53 PM »

And...and...and...even though you no longer own a turntable and don't plan on buying one, you serious consider buying the remastered vinyl box set that's rumored to be coming out later this year for the 12" album covers!
I kind of used to do that.... Almost bought vinyls eventhough I have nothing to play them on. And I did buy a Beatles paper box thing which I dont use (only bought it because it was a Beatles item :D (and it was cheap) ) :D

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #1854 on: July 11, 2012, 12:21:29 AM »

I kind of used to do that.... Almost bought vinyls eventhough I have nothing to play them on. And I did buy a Beatles paper box thing which I dont use (only bought it because it was a Beatles item :D (and it was cheap) ) :D

The thing is Box of Vision has a hard cover book with full size LP cover replications, but I still want the vinyl.   8)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1855 on: July 11, 2012, 05:08:06 AM »

Yeah, I probably need therapy  :-\

It's OK.  You're amongst friends here.

:)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1856 on: July 11, 2012, 05:14:42 AM »

Not a bit like Cagney.

And she's as bad as her sister, coming home from work all hours and all colors.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #1857 on: July 11, 2012, 09:43:19 AM »

It's OK.  You're amongst friends here.

:)

Thanks.  It's good to know I can share my obsession here.  8)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1858 on: July 11, 2012, 11:29:16 PM »

Thanks.  It's good to know I can share my obsession here.  8)

Absolutely!  That's the raison d'ĂȘtre of this Forum.  ;)

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #1859 on: July 12, 2012, 12:28:56 PM »

When you buy the stereo and mono 2009 box sets, The Capitol Albums volumes 1 and 2, the Millennium Remaster CD of the U.S. A Hard Day's Night, The Beatles Audiophile Cd - Yesterday And Today (Mono & Stereo), Dr Ebbett's Get Back Original Version (The Glyn Johns produced sessions that were forgotten when they made Abbey Road), Dr Ebbetts Beatles Cd - Rubber Soul (Outfake Stereo Remix)-just to hear what it sounds like  ;D.

Actually, you're not the only "addict"  ;D

I've got the mono and stereo box set too, the Capitol albums as well and also both boxes of vision (Beatles & John), where I store my older CD's. Further, I've got a collection of picture-discs and alternative & rare vinyls of the Beatles & John.

But I've never heard abou the "Dr Ebbett's Get Back Original Version", where did you get that ?  ???

I wonder if there ever will come a remastered vinyl box set, or if it's just a rumour...  roll:)

Snoopy
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 98

Page created in 0.877 seconds with 79 queries.