Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: funny old world innit  (Read 1723 times)

nimrod

funny old world innit
« on: August 02, 2013, 11:56:30 PM »

Theres an American aircraft carrier docked in Brisbane atm called the USS Ronald Reagan

anyway we went to Surfers Paradise (holiday resort just south of Brisbane) on Friday for a walk by the beach and some lunch, the place was full of American sailors (gotta say they seem really nice crew) , anyway it was hot & sunny so I put on one of my caps I keep in the boot, as we walked down Cavill Ave about 3 or 4 of these young lads high five'd me and said things like 'hey man - go the Cats' etc I responded by laughing and saying 'yeah ' but I didnt know why they were doing it, I was completely puzzled......anyway it turns out  this cap is one I bought in Wallmart in the US (I think I bought 4 that day) about 3 years ago when I was on holiday over there, the cap says UK on the front and its blue.
So Im wearing an official merchandise UK (Kentucky) Wildcats hat whilst walking through heaps of American sailors.......... funny old world innit   ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:59:48 PM by nimrod »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: funny old world innit
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 12:26:05 AM »

Theres an American aircraft carrier docked in Brisbane atm called the USS Ronald Reagan

anyway we went to Surfers Paradise (holiday resort just south of Brisbane) on Friday for a walk by the beach and some lunch, the place was full of American sailors (gotta say they seem really nice crew) , anyway it was hot & sunny so I put on one of my caps I keep in the boot, as we walked down Cavill Ave about 3 or 4 of these young lads high five'd me and said things like 'hey man - go the Cats' etc I responded by laughing and saying 'yeah ' but I didnt know why they were doing it, I was completely puzzled......anyway it turns out  this cap is one I bought in Wallmart in the US (I think I bought 4 that day) about 3 years ago when I was on holiday over there, the cap says UK on the front and its blue.
So Im wearing an official merchandise UK (Kentucky) Wildcats hat whilst walking through heaps of American sailors.......... funny old world innit   ;D
Some times it's good when it gets smaller all the time!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

nimrod

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 01:23:11 AM »

a winter day out sailing yesterday, anyway thats me in my Blue UK Wildcats cap (and my New York T Shirt) ha2ha

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 04:04:09 AM »

a winter day out sailing yesterday

HMS Pinafore - We Sail the Ocean Blue

anyway thats me in my Blue UK Wildcats cap (and my New York T Shirt) ha2ha

It looks like your winter is warmer than our summer, Kev.  It will be in the 50s tonight.
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 05:51:54 AM »

Weatherwise we cant complain, its sub tropical in Brisbane, tropical a bit higher up the coast at Rockhampton

It looks like your winter is warmer than our summer, Kev.  It will be in the 50s tonight

ahh but at least your not upside down Baz mate  ha2ha

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »

Ashley Judd would approve of that hat also.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 12:24:18 PM »

Kentucky Chicken Judd

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 55 queries.