Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Recently Bought C.D.'s

<< < (83/99) > >>

oldbrownshoe:
The price of music is getting ridiculous.....

The Doors - 'Strange Days' - the edition that 'The Sunday Times' put out about 6/7 years ago - 25p.
You can't get a packet of crisps for 25p!

oldbrownshoe:
Started on a new enterprise - buying music (CDs - physical product as opposed to non-physical product) for as little outlay as possible.

So far.....
1. The Doors - 'Strange Days' - (mint) 25p.
2. The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds' mono & stereo versions on one CD - (mint) 50p.

Bobber:

--- Quote from: oldbrownshoe on December 04, 2014, 07:47:56 AM ---Started on a new enterprise - buying music (CDs - physical product as opposed to non-physical product) for as little outlay as possible.

--- End quote ---

Mmm. I would have to check the prices over here. There is hardly a cd-stop left.

oldbrownshoe:
My source = charity shops on the high street (Oxfam, Scope, British Heart Foundation etc.).

I'll focus on CDs up to £2 and really only blues and pop music from the mid-50s to about 1972 although, for example, U2's whole back catalogue could be purchased in this way for about £15.

Let's see what a Top 10 looks (and costs) like. 

oldbrownshoe:
Erm.....'Beatles For Sale'.....bought on the equivalent Friday to the one in 1964.

The 2009 edition of the CD was a whopping £12.99, but the going rate for the 1980s issues is anything from £4 to £7 in Soho. I got my 'Beatles For Sale' (absolute mint copy) for £5 in Berwick Street.

One observation - I actually only saw one copy of 'Beatles For Sale', but I must have seen 10 copies of 'A Hard Day's Night'.

Another observation - Why on earth did Apple go so early on the reissues when there was an actually anniversary (the 50th!) just around the corner?
Surely now is the time for a new, sparkling version of 'Beatles For Sale' (with mono AND stereo on one CD) to be in the shops for Christmas. Doh!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version