Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 252596 times)

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1860 on: July 12, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »

Actually, you're not the only "addict"  ;D

I've got the mono and stereo box set too, the Capitol albums as well and also both boxes of vision (Beatles & John), where I store my older CD's. Further, I've got a collection of picture-discs and alternative & rare vinyls of the Beatles & John.

But I've never heard abou the "Dr Ebbett's Get Back Original Version", where did you get that ?  ???

I wonder if there ever will come a remastered vinyl box set, or if it's just a rumour...  roll:)

Snoopy

jagamart.com has a lot of Dr. Ebbetts CDs. 

Get Back was the original project that they dropped to do Abbey Road and later became Let It Be.  There are two versions with slightly different track listings.

Most of his other cds are just straight needle drops from original vinyl.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:23:44 PM by ibanez_ax »
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1861 on: July 12, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »

Actually, you're not the only "addict"  ;D

I've got the mono and stereo box set too, the Capitol albums as well and also both boxes of vision (Beatles & John), where I store my older CD's. Further, I've got a collection of picture-discs and alternative & rare vinyls of the Beatles & John.

But I've never heard abou the "Dr Ebbett's Get Back Original Version", where did you get that ?  ???

I wonder if there ever will come a remastered vinyl box set, or if it's just a rumour...  roll:)

Snoopy

Now for the big question, Snoop.   Do you have a turntable?  ;)
I can stay till it's time to go

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #1862 on: July 13, 2012, 06:31:22 AM »

Now for the big question, Snoop.   Do you have a turntable?  ;)

Of course I have a turntable, what do you think ?  :D It's a part of my "Technics" hi-fi-station with equalizer; it's over 20 years old, but still functions properly  8)

Snoopy

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1863 on: July 13, 2012, 03:13:21 PM »

Of course I have a turntable, what do you think ?  :D

Whew!  I was worried there for a moment.     ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1864 on: July 14, 2012, 07:08:08 AM »

Which picture discs do you have, Snoop?

I wish I bought a few when they were released.  I remember standing in the aisle of the record shop gazing at them.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #1865 on: July 14, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »

Whew!  I was worried there for a moment.     ;D

All this turntable talk is making me antsy.

Must resist...no room in my apartment...must resist

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #1866 on: July 14, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »

jagamart.com has a lot of Dr. Ebbetts CDs. 

Get Back was the original project that they dropped to do Abbey Road and later became Let It Be.  There are two versions with slightly different track listings.

Most of his other cds are just straight needle drops from original vinyl.
Whew; I almost missed your comment !!

Sounds good; thank's a lot for the tip; didn't know that website, but it's awesome  8)

I'm afraid that I'll spend again money on CD's (especially for John's lost tapes)  :P

Snoopy

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1867 on: July 14, 2012, 10:09:07 PM »

Don't resist.  Make the room!  I enjoy listening to my Beatles vinyl LPs.  I think they sound warmer than the CDs.

My favorite is the UK MONO Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band LP.  You haven't heard Sgt. Pepper until you've heard this album.  It's got the 15 KHz tone and the run-out groove at the end too!

15KHz

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #1868 on: July 15, 2012, 11:12:02 AM »

Don't resist.  Make the room!  I enjoy listening to my Beatles vinyl LPs.  I think they sound warmer than the CDs.

My favorite is the UK MONO Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band LP.  You haven't heard Sgt. Pepper until you've heard this album.  It's got the 15 KHz tone and the run-out groove at the end too!
I do enjoy listening to my vinyls too. Not only because of the warmer sound, but I also get nostalgic feelings when I hear the cracking noise of them  :)

My favourite Mono's are the early records, like "Please, please me", "With the Beatles" or "Beatles for sale".

Snoopy

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #1869 on: July 16, 2012, 01:56:18 AM »

15KHz

The 2009 mono Sgt Pepper's cd is great.  To me it's as good as any vinyl pressing.

As long as I can listen to the 2009 mono and stereo remasters, I'll be ok without a turntable.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #1870 on: July 16, 2012, 02:00:12 AM »

I do enjoy listening to my vinyls too. Not only because of the warmer sound, but I also get nostalgic feelings when I hear the cracking noise of them  :)

My favourite Mono's are the early records, like "Please, please me", "With the Beatles" or "Beatles for sale".

Snoopy

My main nostalgia for vinyl are the album covers.  Box of Vision helps with that.

And the 2009 mono mini-lps are great even if I need my glasses to look at them.  glassesslip

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #1871 on: July 16, 2012, 02:16:52 AM »

Whew; I almost missed your comment !!

Sounds good; thank's a lot for the tip; didn't know that website, but it's awesome  8)

I'm afraid that I'll spend again money on CD's (especially for John's lost tapes)  :P

Snoopy

I could easily blow a month's salary at Jagamart.

stevejrogers

• A Beginning
« Reply #1872 on: July 16, 2012, 03:20:55 PM »

When a comic book podcast hosted by two England citizens sign off with "From Me To You" (they are re-reading two old comic books every two weeks and signing off with the UK #1 hit from one of the weeks the books came out) you decide to note this and link to a FMTY YouTube video on your Facebook!

Da da da Da da Dum Dum Da...

glenesis

• One And One Is Two
    • Glenn Moses - Homepage
Re: Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1873 on: August 05, 2012, 07:49:42 AM »

*This just popped into my head... I thought it was funny even though it doesn't make sense... when someone asks you what's your fav. color? you reply: BEATLES!

LOL brilliant!

When you're supposed to be taking biology notes, but instead, inside of your notebook cover, from memory, you write the names of every Beatles song ever released, in order, on all of the American albums, and then do it again in order of the British releases, because your bff says the American releasrs don't count, then you do it again in reverse inside the back notebook cover, just to balance things out...

When 30 years later you're still trawling for Beatles info every night til the wee hours instead of getting any real sleep....

When you buy pet goldfish, just so you can name them John, Paul, George and Ringo...

When you think tha "'Fab' Four Speed" is the funniest thing you've seen in weeks....
Only Sound Can Break Silence
www.GlennMoses.com

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #1874 on: August 10, 2012, 03:29:51 AM »

When you buy pet goldfish, just so you can name them John, Paul, George and Ringo...

Or when you get a German Shepherd and name him Lennon.  ;)
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

KelMar

« Reply #1875 on: August 19, 2012, 07:59:22 AM »

I hope you can someday soon ibanez_ax. I just got one today and it's been fun rediscovering what records sound like.  :)

KelMar

« Reply #1876 on: August 19, 2012, 08:06:44 AM »

Or when you get a German Shepherd and name him Lennon.  ;)

You got a Shepherd? I have one; they're great dogs. And that's a great name. I had a Boston Terrier named Penny Lane but she was the last one I got to name. The next one's going to be Lucy but that won't be for a long time!

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #1877 on: August 19, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »

You got a Shepherd? I have one; they're great dogs. And that's a great name. I had a Boston Terrier named Penny Lane but she was the last one I got to name. The next one's going to be Lucy but that won't be for a long time!

Well, I used to, we had to give him up because my mother turned out to be allergic. Boston Terriers are adorable! What will you get next time? I've always loved Beagles.  :)
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

KelMar

« Reply #1878 on: August 20, 2012, 05:47:36 AM »

Well, I used to, we had to give him up because my mother turned out to be allergic. Boston Terriers are adorable! What will you get next time? I've always loved Beagles.  :)

Oh, that's too bad but I can imagine Shepherds are hard for allergic people to be around. They shed like crazy with their triple coats. There won't be any more dogs for a long time (there's 4 here now!) so by then I'll probably want another Boston Terrier... for my old age. ;)

porcupine

• One And One Is Two
  • "The guitar's all right John"
« Reply #1879 on: August 20, 2012, 02:50:15 PM »

You know you`re a fan if

-you fly 2 times to Liverpool and visit all the Beatles spots.
-You`re ringtone plays Penny Lane (or other beatles songs)
-You only have Beatles shirts
-you think that you`re John Lennon
-you rather spent 50 euros for Beatles items than food
-You only play Beatle songs
-you only listen to the beatles
-you only read Beatles books
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 98

Page created in 1.043 seconds with 82 queries.