Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A little story about Ringo Starr.  (Read 3679 times)

Brynjar

• Getting Better
A little story about Ringo Starr.
« on: September 25, 2009, 03:13:44 PM »

(Excuse my english)

Ringo came here to Iceland in 1984. He arrived with his wife, Barbara Bach, in the middle of the summer both wearing fur coats. He appeared on stage in a festival with a famous band in Iceland (Studmenn) and played snare-drum on Johnny B Goode, I think it was.
And because this was the famous Ringo Starr, the finest chefs were appointed to cook for him the finest lobster in Iceland. Then when it was served, Ringo politely said: "I don´t eat anything that crawls".

Then to top it, he was asked what he would like to drink. Cognac he said. So one of the most expensive cognac in Iceland was found where someone had bought it in London on an auction. Ringo was happy to get his cognac but he looked like he was missing something. He then asked: "Where is Coca-Cola to mix it with?"

They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
Re: A little story about Ringo Starr.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 05:35:49 PM »

^That's an interesting story.

Ringo doesn't like claws! hehe! :)

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 08:40:47 AM »

Once a Dingle, always a Dingle.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 08:59:31 AM »

Bless!!

lucy~(-_-*...

• Getting Better
  • חחח...Rabbi Saul
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »

Ooooh! My father loves cognac with Coke! (Only recently discovered that you can mix them ...)

MrsStarkey

• One And One Is Two
  • I just sneezed :D
    • MySpace
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 07:56:49 AM »

(Excuse my english)

Ringo came here to Iceland in 1984. He arrived with his wife, Barbara Bach, in the middle of the summer both wearing fur coats. He appeared on stage in a festival with a famous band in Iceland (Studmenn) and played snare-drum on Johnny B Goode, I think it was.
And because this was the famous Ringo Starr, the finest chefs were appointed to cook for him the finest lobster in Iceland. Then when it was served, Ringo politely said: "I don´t eat anything that crawls".

Then to top it, he was asked what he would like to drink. Cognac he said. So one of the most expensive cognac in Iceland was found where someone had bought it in London on an auction. Ringo was happy to get his cognac but he looked like he was missing something. He then asked: "Where is Coca-Cola to mix it with?"

lol And Lucy, my father does that, too! lol

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 53 queries.