Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 642579 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8700 on: November 26, 2013, 03:57:24 AM »

They were close enough that I could see the white feathers change as their heads moved back and forth looking around! Hopefully not at my chickens!!! Their wings and tail feathers were fully extended for max lift as they just circled effortlessly! Wings like my back door! just beautiful!!!

They prefer fish, but if there aren't any rivers or lakes near you, Dave, they were probably looking at your chickens.

Our national bird...

I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8701 on: November 26, 2013, 04:14:36 AM »

They prefer fish, but if there aren't any rivers or lakes near you, Dave, they were probably looking at your chickens.

Our national bird...

I was discussing them with a coworker and he said around this time a lot of young eagles are driven out of the parents areas to find their own. They have been seen congregating over Keene, NH this week. I need to research this a bit as I've only seen a few in my lifetime. My interest has been peaked today!

Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8702 on: November 26, 2013, 04:23:58 AM »

I was discussing them with a coworker and he said around this time a lot of young eagles are driven out of the parents areas to find their own. They have been seen congregating over Keene, NH this week. I need to research this a bit as I've only seen a few in my lifetime. My interest has been peaked today!

The young ones are easy to spot...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8703 on: November 26, 2013, 06:28:17 AM »

The young ones learn to respect their elders...

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8704 on: November 26, 2013, 02:20:44 PM »

I just saw two Bald Eagles flying circles over the house! By the time I went to get camera they were gone! Amazing!

Neat! I don't believe I've ever seen one in the wild, only in zoos (depressing!).

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8705 on: November 26, 2013, 02:22:13 PM »

OK . . . so I spent my student-loan-payment money to get my kids winter coats, and my two daughters walked out into the 16-degree (F) temps today wearing only sweatshirts.  :(   

I  hope their school has a fire drill! 

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8706 on: November 26, 2013, 06:36:19 PM »

Yeah, sure!  Then you'd worry about her being out in the cold without a zillion layers, a full-head cover, and hand and foot warmers.   ;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8707 on: November 26, 2013, 10:14:52 PM »

Yeah, sure!  Then you'd worry about her being out in the cold without a zillion layers, a full-head cover, and hand and foot warmers.   ;D

ha2ha  You know me too well!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8708 on: November 26, 2013, 10:26:25 PM »

ha2ha  You know me too well!

You're a good mom.  :)

nimrod

« Reply #8709 on: November 26, 2013, 10:58:50 PM »

OK . . . so I spent my student-loan-payment money to get my kids winter coats, and my two daughters walked out into the 16-degree (F) temps today wearing only sweatshirts.  :(   

that just brought back a memory !!

my Mum being horrified at me and my brother throwing snowballs at each other wearing only tee shirts, I dont know, you dont feel the cold when your young it seems

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8710 on: November 26, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »

It's all good! When we got a big storm we used to run around the house barefoot with our pants rolled up to our knees! The last one in won, sort of! Kids are immune.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8711 on: November 27, 2013, 12:35:30 AM »

It's all good! When we got a big storm we used to run around the house barefoot with our pants rolled up to our knees! The last one in won, sort of! Kids are immune.

Oh my! Did your feet hurt as they warmed up? If I don't wear two pairs of gloves when I shovel and my hands get too cold it's incredibly painful when I get inside.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8712 on: November 27, 2013, 01:23:31 AM »

...you dont feel the cold when your young it seems

Right.  BMR in kids is much higher.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8713 on: November 27, 2013, 03:08:37 AM »

Oh my! Did your feet hurt as they warmed up? If I don't wear two pairs of gloves when I shovel and my hands get too cold it's incredibly painful when I get inside.
Sure did but it was a lot of fun out there being stupid kids!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8714 on: November 27, 2013, 03:34:46 PM »

that just brought back a memory !!

my Mum being horrified at me and my brother throwing snowballs at each other wearing only tee shirts, I dont know, you dont feel the cold when your young it seems

So true! Kids are also much more willing to just jump into a chilly swimming pool, it seems. I used to be able to do that.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8715 on: November 27, 2013, 03:36:27 PM »

Right.  BMR in kids is much higher.

OK, I had to Google that, Barry -- basal metabolic rate, correct? Had a painful reminder of slowing metabolism when I was weighed at my doctor's appointment yesterday. Oh, for the days when I could just shovel in food and never gain an ounce!   ;)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8716 on: November 27, 2013, 05:34:29 PM »

OK, I had to Google that, Barry -- basal metabolic rate, correct? Had a painful reminder of slowing metabolism when I was weighed at my doctor's appointment yesterday. Oh, for the days when I could just shovel in food and never gain an ounce!   ;)
So you had an encounter with the dreaded Dr.s scale!
So many people (women) complained at the one at our Dr.s they had to replace it with a new electronic one. It still came out the same!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8717 on: November 27, 2013, 06:40:42 PM »

So many people (women) complained at the one at our Dr.s they had to replace it with a new electronic one. It still came out the same!

You should see what goes on at Weight Watchers meetings Dave! There's a line at the bathroom door before there's a line to weigh in and shoes and jewelry come off. Some of the girls even wore the exact same clothes each time. If they could have I swear some of them would have weighed in naked!

Sure did but it was a lot of fun out there being stupid kids!

I had a lot of stupid fun when I was a kid too. I never ran through the snow barefoot but when my cousin and I got together we were a force to be reckoned with!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8718 on: November 27, 2013, 08:09:59 PM »

You should see what goes on at Weight Watchers meetings Dave! There's a line at the bathroom door before there's a line to weigh in and shoes and jewelry come off. Some of the girls even wore the exact same clothes each time. If they could have I swear some of them would have weighed in naked!
Trying to get off every ounce! My mom went to TOPS every week for years> Not that she was really over weight but they all went to friendly's for a burger  and ice cream after!
I had a lot of stupid fun when I was a kid too. I never ran through the snow barefoot but when my cousin and I got together we were a force to be reckoned with!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8719 on: November 28, 2013, 02:02:57 AM »

So you had an encounter with the dreaded Dr.s scale!

UGH, yes. Not a good idea (or maybe it IS a good idea) a couple of days before Thanksgiving!
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 527

Page created in 2.111 seconds with 75 queries.