Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fahrenheit 9/11  (Read 4514 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Fahrenheit 9/11
« on: June 29, 2004, 12:35:43 AM »

Has anyone seen it yet? I'm mildly curious. I've heard it's doing very well despite the controversy. Michael Moore is a good film maker.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 12:42:05 AM »

I dont talk about politics, but I can honestly say that i'd like to rip Michael Moores windpipe out with my bare hands. The guys an @sshole in the biggest sense. Not politcally speaking of course. 

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 12:49:13 AM »

Yeah, he is very annoying as a person, but I think he does ok with his films. I sure don't agree with everything the guy says, but it's interesting to see another point of view.  I remember him gettin booed at some award show because he was so obnoxious with his preaching.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 01:02:23 AM »

Was that the Academy Awards he was booed at? I remember I was watching it and he was saying something like, "Shame on you, Mr. Bush!" and they started the music on him.

I would like to see Bowling For Columbine. I heard it's good.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 02:03:42 AM »

As a person, I think Michael Moore embodies the one-minded, stubborn, dill-hole sort of person he rails against.  However, his films are terrific and they are all factual and often hilarious.  Fahrenheit 9/11 is funny and powerful, even if it is repetitive.  I think its funny when you see Moore on talk shows saying it will influence voters.  The only people going to see this movie are liberals, and no conservative will be swayed by it.  STill, its good imo

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 03:09:55 AM »

Indeed it seems most here have their heads screwed on right.

Moore is a blowhard.  But the facts he employs are important and serious and pretty much all true.

And THAT is the scariest thing of all.

Harlena McStarkney

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 04:27:14 AM »

I am beginning to see that most Beatles fans are very liberal.
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

beatlegirl200

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 05:18:32 AM »

Michael Moore makes me want to vomit.

Harlena McStarkney

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 01:43:28 PM »

I didn't say all, I said most. (grin)
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 09:03:15 PM »

I'm don't think I'm a liberal, I just go with what makes sense to me at the time. Michael Moore as a person is annoying and a bit too extreme for me, but his films are thought provoking and very much on target. I haven't seen this one yet, but I probably will.
It sure is a strange time for our country right now!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 09:16:42 PM »

you can say that again. 

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 01:44:32 AM »

I was interested in seeing this film....but now...I don't know....I'm a megaultrasuper liberal and all....which is probably why I don't want to see it.....I think Moore uses too many "connections" that aren't really backed up by facts, when there's enough stuff that he could attack Bush on...it just doesn't seem like he made something that will influence anyone to switch ties to the Liberal camp. Plus, with Kerry voting for the war and the Patriot Act, I just don't see why Moore can support someone like that....the Democrats got so caught up in defeating Bush that they gave up choosing a good candidate...he's a waffler, and he certainly won't be getting my vote in November.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 01:54:33 AM »

judging by the sound of that post, you sound like you might vote Nader.  lol

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004, 04:14:59 AM »

[quote by=Rowdy link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088469343,s=11 date=1088559872]I was interested in seeing this film....but now...I don't know....I'm a megaultrasuper liberal and all....which is probably why I don't want to see it.....I think Moore uses too many "connections" that aren't really backed up by facts, when there's enough stuff that he could attack Bush on[/quote]

How would you know what Moore has used if you haven't seen the film?

From what I understand (I have not seen it either...I doubt I need to get any madder about Bush) most of what is in there is unassailable facts.  It's the SLANT he gives it that infuriates the chickenhawks.

Moore is a buffon in his presentation but as to the facts in this case many are coming right out of the president's mouth as you watch!  Kind of hard to pooh-pooh that! :)

Wayne L.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 02:58:37 PM »

Michael Moore is the biggest a**hole on the planet who doesn't have a clue about anything except publicity for his big fat left wing liberal loony self.  I compare Moore fans with Manson fanatics except without guns & knives because you have to be crazy to waste your money on Fahreneit 9/11.  I plan on watching Fahrenheit 9/11 when it comes on HBO since it's more docutainment(Leonard Maltin quote) than a serious documentary with him in it. 

LonelyPeople

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »

The guy is just presenting his point of view..whats wrong with that?...Wayne if you wanted to make a documentary about the musicianship of KISS...i wouldn't fault you...much.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2004, 07:48:41 PM »

[quote by=LonelyPeople link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088469343,s=15 date=1088608320]The guy is just presenting his point of view..whats wrong with that?...Wayne if you wanted to make a documentary about the musicianship of KISS...i wouldn't fault you...much.[/quote]

Because Wayne's pea-brain cannot abide anything other than his little world-view.  And everyone who doesn't agree is a poo poo head.

(I couldn't care less what idiot theories he wants to espouse...it's his beligerent arrogance and insulting of anyone who questions or disagrees with him.  VERY mature.)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004, 02:42:12 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088469343,s=14 date=1088607517]Michael Moore is the biggest a**hole on the planet who doesn't have a clue about anything except publicity for his big fat left wing liberal loony self.

LonelyPeople

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2004, 04:54:25 AM »

if you don't watch it guys america will start questioning the actions of the govt!!! we can't have that..in a democracy questioning the govt. is like murder.

scoopdogg73

• One And One Is Two
  • I AM THE SUN KING
    • spoilednation
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 02:59:28 PM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088469343,s=4 date=1088474622]As a person, I think Michael Moore embodies the one-minded, stubborn, dill-hole sort of person he rails against.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 82 queries.