Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Paul McCartney Up And Coming Tour  (Read 47256 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Re: Paul McCartney Up And Coming Tour
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2010, 11:17:52 PM »

Once you're done with your review, you should post it on this site. I'd love to read it.  ;D

When I heard in March that Paul was coming to Glasgow in June my reaction was like brilliant when are tickets available?. But then my family all stared and thought oh dear! we will be on holiday on the day he performs, I said I will not miss this great opportunity so quick as a flash my family resheduled our holiday to the first two weeks in June so we will be home in time for the concert. When presale tickets came out a few days before general release my Dad booked 3 tickets for himself, Mum & I, we got really good seats down at the pitch so we were really happy now all we had to do was wait until the summer.

We had a pretty good holiday up in the Outer Hebrides sad to leave but we were excited that on Sunday we will see Paul McCartney. From watching my Paul live DVD's many times I notice the audience wear Beatles tshirts so on the night before the concert I had trouble on what to wear but decided to wear my Beatles Ben Sherman shirt.

The day on the concert I was very excited counting down the hours until the show started, we headed down to Glasgow and when we parked around the corner of the venue we couldn't believe how hot it was with the sun beaming down it looked like it will be a great day for the concert. We had arranged to meet my Mum's cousin who had a flat up the road so we had a chat and a drink. On arriving to Hampden Park we were all excited found our seats great spot and the venue was quickly filling up. I headed to the merchandise stall and bought myself a tour tshirt & programme before the show started just incase I wouldn't get time after the show. Sharleen Spiteri was the supportr act and she was really good, got the crowd going with Texas tracks.

at 8pm we were told to head to our seats as a announcer said Paul McCartney will be on stage in 5 mins and at 8.10pm Paul & his band bounded on stage and the crowd went wild. Paul opened the show with Venus and Mars / Rockshow then jumping into Jet, Paul was on top form wearing a black jacket and then surprised all Scottish fans with a blue shirt with white braces. I got a tear in my eye during the performances of The Long & Winding Road, Here Today & Something (both tributes to John & George, My Mum & Dad really loved Paul's version of A Day In The Life and cutting to Give Peace A Chance Mum didn't expect that I told her to flash the peace sign in the air. The highlight of the show was Live & Let Die which blasted of with fireworks and Mull Of Kintyre with a fantastic pipeband. I really didn't want it to end I could of danced all night but sadly it was all over with Paul telling us 'You've been a great audience' and he finished the show with Sgt Pepper/The End. This was Paul's first gig in 20 years in Scotland since he last played in 1990 in the SECC. I do hope he will return soon and now I can really say I Saw Him Standing There.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2010, 11:46:15 PM »

^^Thank you for posting that! It was interesting, and I liked how you ended it.  ;) One more question for you: how did you manage to bring in a camera to take pictures and videos? Did you just sneak it somehow? I really want to bring mine, but I know they have high security and search people, and thought for sure they wouldn't let cameras into the show.

And thank you Penny Lane for the good advice! I'll keep that in mind 'cause whenever I'm at the movie theater or something that happens to me!
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2010, 12:13:50 AM »

You will have no problem with cameras as alot brought theres it will only be big cameras that look like a filming camera you won't be allowed to bring

ohyea

• A Beginning
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2010, 05:15:51 AM »

do you think he will come to Michigan??? I would love to see him  ;D :P

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2010, 08:29:19 AM »

Here's a special memento for my collection bought a frame yesterday and put a tour flayer and my ticket in it

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/EuanB/SANY0001-9.jpg

Heres the setlist

1. Venus and Mars / Rockshow
2. Jet
3. All My Loving
4. Letting Go
5. Drive My Car
6. Highway
7. Let Me Roll It
8. The Long And Winding Road
9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
10. Let ‘Em In
11. My Love
12. I've Just Seen A Face
13. And I Love Her
14. Blackbird
15. Here Today
16. Dance Tonight
17. Mrs Vandebilt
18. Eleanor Rigby
19. Something
20. Sing The Changes
21. Band On The Run
22. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
23. Back In The USSR
24. I’ve Got A Feeling
25. Paperback Writer
26. A Day In The Life / Give Peace A Chance
27. Let It Be
28. Live And Let Die
29. Hey Jude

Encore
30. Day Tripper
31. Lady Madonna
32. Get Back

Second Encore
33. Yesterday
34. Mull Of Kintyre
35. Helter Skelter
36. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band / The End

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2010, 04:52:53 AM »

Thank you Euan for the camera info!
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2010, 10:03:58 PM »

Here's a special memento for my collection bought a frame yesterday and put a tour flayer and my ticket in it

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/EuanB/SANY0001-9.jpg

Thanks for your review of the Glasgow gig Euan.
I was there too and - having seen Paul live 6 times now since 1990 - I think that was the best I have seen him, even better than Liverpool a few years ago.
The Glasgow crowd were great and there was a real friendly party atmosphere all evening.
I went with my wife and 7-year-old daughter and we had a great couple of days in Glasgow - one of my favourite cities (even though I'm English!  ;D)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2010, 10:18:54 PM »

Euan, your Paul ticket looks so fancy, just like a real keepsake. My ticket looks like a boring piece of printed paper.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2010, 10:03:43 AM »

That's a shame the concert seems like ages ago now

nousha

• A Beginning
  • Fairy witch
    • My Poetry
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2010, 07:11:21 AM »

I wonder if there will be any European dates? I hope  ;yes
On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux   My blogspace

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2010, 08:03:27 AM »

Revolver42

• Getting Better
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2010, 01:00:48 PM »

I'm now 2 weeks away from seeing him for a second time w/i a year!  I am very lucky!
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages

Bobber

« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2010, 01:55:31 PM »

Rumours of concerts in Buenos Aires (Argentina) on November 14 and 15 and Santiago (Chili) on November 7.

Bobber

« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »

The Macca Report has learned that the official announcement for Paul's concert in Argentina will be announced on Monday. Tickets for the shows will go onsale the first week in October. The unconfirmed dates are November 14 & 15 (El Estadio Monumental Of River Plate).

Bobber

« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2010, 10:05:36 AM »

7 November in Porto Allegre, Beira Rio Stadium and 21st November in Sao Paulo Morumbi Stadium.

Bobber

« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2010, 09:00:00 AM »

South American websites are continuing to toss around more rumors of a Paul McCartney tour in November even while those rumors are being officially denied.

Clarín.com is reporting that McCartney will do two shows in Buenos Aires in November. "Paul McCartney tocará por segunda vez en Buenos Aires. Ayer se confirmó que el ex Beatle se presentará con su banda el 14 y 15 de noviembre."  Roughly translated, it says "Yesterday it was confirmed that the former Beatle and his band will be presented on 14 and 15 November." It says the concert and the location are in negotiations." 

But writer Ancelmo Gois says the shows will not at the Maracanã in Rio De Janeiro, another location previously rumored. Instead, he writes McCartney will play Nov. 10-11 at the Morumbi, a 67,000 seat stadium in São Paulo, Brazil.   "Por causa das obras no Maracanã, o Rio vai ficar de fora da nova turnê de Paul McCartney no Brasil. Ele deve se apresentar nos dias 10 e 11 de novembro no Morumbi, em São Paulo," the blog reads. Rough translation: "Because of the workmanships in the Maracanã, the River goes to be of is of new turnê of Paul McCartney in Brazil. It must present itself in days 10 and 11 of November in the Morumbi, in São Paulo."

El Globo, citing the Clarín.com report, wrote that McCartney could be performing in Brazil, Chile and Peru. And earlier, HumoNegro.com reported that McCartney also would do a show in Chile Nov. 7.

But all of this is moot, at least for now. When asked to comment, McCartney representatives told Paul McCartney Examiner they could not confirm any of the shows.

Bobber

« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »

Yesterday it was announced that Paul McCartney will give two concerts in England just before Christmas: December 18th at the HMV Hammersmith Apollo London and December 20th O2 Academy Liverpool.

Bobber

« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2011, 08:14:12 AM »

Possibly in Lima, Peru and in Chili in the second half of May.

Bobber

« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2011, 08:59:32 AM »

May 9th Lima, Peru
May 21. and 22. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
June 6-10. HP Discover, Las Vegas, USA.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Page created in 0.49 seconds with 77 queries.