Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 211

Author Topic: User Pics  (Read 407432 times)

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
Re: User Pics
« Reply #3600 on: June 10, 2014, 08:43:49 AM »

Very nice, Todd! It seems your kids have a good time! Riding a horse, playing a role - great pastime!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3601 on: June 10, 2014, 10:38:41 AM »

Todd, the kids look great!!  What part is your son playing?

As far refusing jumps go, I know how frustrating it is, for both the horse and the rider.  She'll have to work with him more between shows.  My horse would refuse a jump if I wasn't seated or reining him correctly.  He taught me a few things!  ;)

Mordcha the Innkeeper

Its funny Barry how it all started after she broke her collarbone. I know its her and not the horse, but she cant pinpoint what she's doing wrong anymore. Gilligan has always been somewhat of an issue though as he's a thoroughbred and he wants to do everything quickly. Too quickly. She has better luck approaching obstacles in a canter instead of a normal trot, but i'm not sure that's allowed all the time.

Thanks for the kind comments Kelley and D.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3602 on: June 10, 2014, 01:24:51 PM »

Nice pics, Todd! You must be very proud of your kids.  :)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3603 on: June 10, 2014, 01:36:44 PM »

Great pictures!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3604 on: June 10, 2014, 04:35:51 PM »

Mordcha the Innkeeper

A good part!  Lots of witty remarks like "If the rich could hire others to die for them then we, the poor, would all make a nice living."

Its funny Barry how it all started after she broke her collarbone. I know its her and not the horse, but she cant pinpoint what she's doing wrong anymore. Gilligan has always been somewhat of an issue though as he's a thoroughbred and he wants to do everything quickly. Too quickly. She has better luck approaching obstacles in a canter instead of a normal trot, but i'm not sure that's allowed all the time.

An injury will do that, Todd.  The rider becomes tentative and the horse picks up on that.  Perhaps the rider's use of aids are not spontaneous and confusing to the horse.  This will straighten out in time.

It's easier for horses to adjust their stride approaching an obstacle at a canter.  It takes a little bit more work doing it at a trot.  "Do I sit or post the trot?" is a common question and coaches teach different techniques.  I'm comfortable posting as I approach the jump.  My horse always departs at a canter and I know he'd like to continue cantering to the next obstacle.  He's a thoroughbred too.

These days, we spend our all our time out on the trails.  It's good for his mentation and I don't have to be concerned with diagonals and leads. 
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3605 on: June 13, 2014, 01:07:06 PM »

I'd send him this one Kathy, but I like it too much!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10407609_569119713209321_2022303948826187760_n.jpg
Playing with my grandson Chris!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3606 on: June 13, 2014, 02:10:25 PM »

Playing with my grandson Chris!

Looks like you have a great arm there, Dave! My son has finally given up on asking me to toss a football around (I was always last choice anyway, after his friends and his father, LOL) now that he's seen how hopeless I am at throwing AND catching. 

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3607 on: June 13, 2014, 03:16:32 PM »

Looks like you have a great arm there, Dave! My son has finally given up on asking me to toss a football around (I was always last choice anyway, after his friends and his father, LOL) now that he's seen how hopeless I am at throwing AND catching.
Keep working on it!
Mark Twain

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3608 on: June 16, 2014, 03:11:18 AM »

the much-maligned "selfie"

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Bobber

« Reply #3609 on: June 16, 2014, 09:54:31 AM »

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #3610 on: June 16, 2014, 03:46:44 PM »

the much-maligned "selfie"

sweet

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3611 on: June 25, 2014, 11:08:20 AM »

Here are a couple of pic's after we got in.
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3612 on: June 25, 2014, 07:58:51 PM »

Thanks for sharing, Dave! You sure do see a variety of wildlife at your place.

nimrod

« Reply #3613 on: June 25, 2014, 11:03:46 PM »

Yes you do, looks like my place

I had 8 kangaroo's in my yard Sunday !

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3614 on: June 26, 2014, 03:14:15 AM »

Yes you do, looks like my place

I had 8 kangaroo's in my yard Sunday !

A few loose in the top paddock, eh mate?    ;)
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #3615 on: June 26, 2014, 05:52:32 AM »

Here are a couple of pic's after we got in.

That's the time to take them, once you're in! I got some pictures through the screen door of a black bear that kept coming around my sister and brother-in-law's place years ago. We heard that he was making a pest of himself in the Poconos so they moved him to our area. Moving him didn't reform him any! The kids and the dog couldn't be out alone and he was even coming right on their deck. That's where he was when I was babysitting and got the pictures. My mom had a fit when she found out but she carried the pictures in her purse and showed them to everyone. The dog finally met up with Mr. Bear and treed him. After that he never showed up again.

Quote from: nimrod
Yes you do, looks like my place I had 8 kangaroo's in my yard Sunday !

That's funny; I didn't see any roos in Dave's pictures.  ;)

nimrod

« Reply #3616 on: June 26, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »

That's the time to take them, once you're in! I got some pictures through the screen door of a black bear that kept coming around my sister and brother-in-law's place years ago. We heard that he was making a pest of himself in the Poconos so they moved him to our area. Moving him didn't reform him any! The kids and the dog couldn't be out alone and he was even coming right on their deck. That's where he was when I was babysitting and got the pictures. My mom had a fit when she found out but she carried the pictures in her purse and showed them to everyone. The dog finally met up with Mr. Bear and treed him. After that he never showed up again.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3617 on: June 26, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »

Here's another little guy on Monday!!! I think I'd rather have the bear!

Or should I have said 4 bears!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:18:30 AM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3618 on: June 26, 2014, 11:19:58 AM »

Could you send me a couple? I would love to play an impractical joke on someone!!! ;D
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #3619 on: June 29, 2014, 12:31:43 AM »

My son and his 1969 Chevy C-10:

They won today!
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 211

Page created in 0.724 seconds with 78 queries.