Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: THE BEATLES AND TONY SHERIDAN  (Read 34651 times)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
Re: THE BEATLES AND TONY SHERIDAN
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2010, 09:54:22 PM »

I may try (though I am at a loss) to guess the answer to the last question: Pete?  :-X

maywitch

• A Beginning
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2010, 08:38:03 PM »

I've always heard the Alan Clayson book is extremely unreliable.

I think the guys just didn't care for Pete because he didn't fit in with them - didn't have the same sense of humor, didn't really have the same way of spending his time, wasn't as driven, insisted on keeping his hairstyle and wasn't really that great of a drummer anyway. He was serviceable but not particularly creative.   When George Martin said he didn't want Pete, I think they were quite happy to replace him as he'd really only been given the job because they needed a drummer and drummers tended to be a bit harder to come by.  Frankly I think being "cute" was the least of their problems with Pete.  I think he was too "boring" for them.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

Pete Best did not refuse to have the Beatles cut. Astrid Kirchherr said that she did not suggest that Pete have the style because his hair was too curly. Pete himself told me that he was never asked, but would have agreed if asked. Who are all these people who, in their books, state that Pete refused to have the hair style? I have seen a photo of Pete with the moptop - and it doesn't suit him! Also, Astrid only did Stuart's hair in that style. John and Paul had their hair style done by Jurgen Vollmer in Paris and Brian Epstein took them all to his hairdresser in Liverpool so all would have the same hair style - this is when Ringo joined and he had to get rid of the grey streak in his hair and his beard.

larainefan

• A Beginning
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2010, 04:58:24 PM »

Didn't Astrid cut George's hair too, shortly after Stuart's?

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2010, 07:25:47 PM »

Some sources say that, but other sources say that he didn't change his style until John  and Paul returned from Paris with the Jurgen Vollmer cut.

larainefan

• A Beginning
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2010, 08:07:21 PM »

Thanks for responding, Mr Harry!

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2010, 11:18:14 AM »

Just call me Bill. In Liverpool Brian Epstein arranged for the Beatles, by now John, Paul, George and Ringo to have the Beatles style cut by a barber at Horne Brothers, a store quite close to the Whitechapel branch of Nems. Photographer Dezo Hoffman took shots of the occasion. However, the name of the barber remains unknown.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2010, 12:58:37 AM »

didn't tony sheridan date astrid as well will?b4 stu?she may have cut tonys too....

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2010, 07:16:13 PM »

Pete Best did not refuse to have the Beatles cut. Astrid Kirchherr said that she did not suggest that Pete have the style because his hair was too curly. Pete himself told me that he was never asked, but would have agreed if asked. Who are all these people who, in their books, state that Pete refused to have the hair style? I have seen a photo of Pete with the moptop - and it doesn't suit him! Also, Astrid only did Stuart's hair in that style. John and Paul had their hair style done by Jurgen Vollmer in Paris and Brian Epstein took them all to his hairdresser in Liverpool so all would have the same hair style - this is when Ringo joined and he had to get rid of the grey streak in his hair and his beard.

Wow, Bill - does that mean that Ringo had artificial hair coloring during Beatlemania? I'm not sure that's a well known fact, though I suppose knowing he used to have a grey streak, it makes sense.
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2010, 09:55:19 PM »

He didn't get rid of it that well, it's visible in a lot of photos. Must have been hard for a young man back then?

didn't tony sheridan date astrid as well will?b4 stu?she may have cut tonys too....
Any info on that little gem???
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2010, 03:27:58 AM »

hear say from a source....let's see if anythings surfaces....how about this tony played for the american troops in viet nam....he requested to be close as to the frontline as allowed...the troops made him an honorary captain i heard....he was even reported dead to family while over there....maybe a source closer to home will fuel our peaked interest.....any of the sheridans are invited....big T?T jr?
home work....why does tony wear red?

Bobber

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2010, 09:56:12 AM »

home work....why does tony wear red?

Because of Yes It Is?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »

no because of a prophet he adapted his spirituality from....stick with the script cor....

Bobber

« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »

no because of a prophet he adapted his spirituality from....stick with the script cor....

I didn't read that far.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 62 queries.