Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Should They Have Renamed The Upcoming Blue Album  (Read 694 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Should They Have Renamed The Upcoming Blue Album
« on: October 30, 2023, 09:34:19 AM »

• Yes 1967-2023
  • No 1967-1970
It’s been interesting that they are including the new single Now & Then to the upcoming new release of The Blue Album I think they should have included Free As A Bird & Real Love then the new single and rename it 1967-2023 but what does everyone else think?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Should They Have Renamed The Upcoming Blue Album
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 11:06:24 AM »

That would appear to be logical. Although the way I’ve heard it described, the additional tracks to the original Red and Blue (including Now and Then) are going to be on a separate vinyl record. So it’s more like a bonus disc.

I think it would have been worth having the remixed Real Love and Free as a Bird in there. They redid them as part of the One video clip disc release a few years ago and I thought they sounded a lot better than the original releases, John’s voice sat much better in the mixes for one. (Although they inexplicably used different guitar licks on Real Love that I don’t think were as good). It would seem to be the opportunity to release the better mixes. Unless they’re planning a re release of anthology or something.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Should They Have Renamed The Upcoming Blue Album
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 02:49:48 PM »

Unless they’re planning a re release of anthology or something.

I have heard some rumors to that effect; I'm drawing a blank right now on where, specifically, I read it.

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 39 queries.