Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Guns N` Roses  (Read 2835 times)

Re: Guns N` Roses
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 12:34:09 PM »

forget about the new guns n roses. they are NEW! everything what is new S*CKS!

here's what I think about that:

80s Guns N Roses = awesome
90s Guns N Roses = average
00s Guns N Roses = P.O.S

deal with it...

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »

I like them all right, but I'm not a big fan. What I truly respect about them though is the fact that they were almost perfect for their time. You've got a band with plenty of appeal (glam), but that can also play their instruments and write great songs (as opposed to the lame pop-rock disguised as heavy metal of say, Motley Crue). They can rock the house, but there's also plenty of sensibility on things like Sweet Child O' Mine or Patience. In a way, GnR have a good chance of appealing to anybody - from respected critics to average rock fans and everybody inbetween.

I also feel Axl has become underrated nowadays. All the scandals bullsh*t and the huge Chinese Democracy delay overshadow the fact that he was a really good singer, song-writer and front-man back in his day. Many things on the Use Your Illusion albums I feel are more Axl than the rest of GnR, especially songs like Estranged and November Rain. Some call them pretentious and overblown (the videos surely were), but I really like the direction the band was heading - they were experimenting, trying new things when they could've easily written 3-minutes riff songs.

Just a few thoughts.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:34:18 PM by Ovi »
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »

My 5th favorite band.

Their 10 best songs stack up against any band of the last 30 years. While they virtually self destructed due to Axl's behaviour, and the excesses of Duff and Slash, they will always loom large in rock history from that era.

Some of their live shows were amazing. Check some on YouTube if you haven't heard much of them.

Duff is one of my fave bassists and I love how he came back from near death by drinking to get his life straight.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 41 queries.