Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Macca to tour !  (Read 5890 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Macca to tour !
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 01:49:29 PM »

It does when you use one of these:  ;)

:)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 07:09:32 AM »

I really hope he comes to Halifax! That would be awesome!
Nova Scotia taxpayers spent $600,000 on a Paul McCartney concert in Halifax last year.

Premier Darrell Dexter says the money went towards such things as advertising and logistical support.

Mr. Dexter says the commitment to provide the funds was made by the previous Conservative government through a marketing campaign administered by the Tourism Department.

The NDP premier says while he doesn't rule out such provincial support for private ventures, they must be approached cautiously.

He says a $3.5-million dollar guarantee to cover Mr. McCartney's artist fee was also offered to a private promoter, but that it wasn't realized because enough revenue was raised through ticket sales.

But he says taxpayers would have been on the hook had ticket sales not been sufficient.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »

I'd love to see Paul!  The poor thing's gonna get too old for tours soon enough, so I'd love to catch him while he's still willing to play for us.  I just watched his "Good Evening New York City" DVD, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  Although when he cried in the middle of "Here Today", it set me off too!  :P

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

blackbird_

• A Beginning
  • I'm feelin' low, so get me high.
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 04:07:43 PM »

I saw him the last time he was in Dublin, and it was really just so amazing.

Hoping to see him again, though my only real chance of it happening given my financial situation is a friend of a friend who's pretty well connected.
Though while it would be amazing to see him again, I'm still over the moon about seeing him at all.

I'd love to turn you on.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 44 queries.