Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth  (Read 4275 times)

Wayne L.

Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth
« on: June 08, 2004, 11:55:02 AM »

Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth are one of rock's last great duos from a legendary rock band joining other great legendary rock duos from legendary rock bands like Lennon/McCartney, Jagger/Richards, Townsend/Daltrey, Page/Plant, Osbourne/Iommi, Tyler/Perry & Simmons/Stanley because they were the yin & the yang of Van Halen which produced six classic rock albums which are timeless like Van Halen, Fair Warning & 1984 along with their classic shows in those days showcasing Eddie's guitar virtuosity & Dave's showmanship for millions of fans which will never be surpassed because what came after the VH explosion of 78 has been lame & lifeless in rock mostly which is why EVH & DLR are one of rock's last great duos. 

Bacchus

• A Beginning
  • I've got a feeling
Re: Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 02:12:08 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=othermusic,m=1086695702,s=0 date=1086695702]Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth are one of rock's last great duos from a legendary rock band joining other great legendary rock duos from legendary rock bands like Lennon/McCartney, Jagger/Richards, Townsend/Daltrey, Page/Plant, Osbourne/Iommi, Tyler/Perry & Simmons/Stanley because they were the yin & the yang of Van Halen which produced six classic rock albums which are timeless like Van Halen, Fair Warning & 1984 along with their classic shows in those days showcasing Eddie's guitar virtuosity & Dave's showmanship for millions of fans which will never be surpassed because what came after the VH explosion of 78 has been lame & lifeless in rock mostly which is why EVH & DLR are one of rock's last great duos.

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 02:15:28 PM »

STOP MAKING TOPICS ABOUT sh*tTY BANDS.

strutter84

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 05:43:31 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=othermusic,m=1086695702,s=0 date=1086695702]Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth are one of rock's last great duos from a legendary rock band joining other great legendary rock duos from legendary rock bands like Lennon/McCartney, Jagger/Richards, Townsend/Daltrey, Page/Plant, Osbourne/Iommi, Tyler/Perry & Simmons/Stanley because they were the yin & the yang of Van Halen which produced six classic rock albums which are timeless like Van Halen, Fair Warning & 1984 along with their classic shows in those days showcasing Eddie's guitar virtuosity & Dave's showmanship for millions of fans which will never be surpassed because what came after the VH explosion of 78 has been lame & lifeless in rock mostly which is why EVH & DLR are one of rock's last great duos.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 02:55:09 PM »

ok you gotta agree eddie van halen is a great guitarist...but about the rest, forget it.... ::)  comparing him and david lee roth to lennon/mccartney is absurd...

strutter84

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 09:17:53 PM »

I don't agree.  Eddie Van Halen is a mediocre guitar player who's been riding on the same trick for over 20 years now.  Why haven't they dissapeared with the rest of the hair bands yet?  I think it's time.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 09:53:13 PM »

You'll find that often the most talented do not make it, it's the more persistent.  With a modicum of talent and a lot of ambition you too can be a star!  (And with a litle luck.)

Eddie's style was very cool at the time he broke...since then there have been many other speed guitarists who are technically better players.

I'm sure a lot of it is people like Wayne who would buy anything VH related because of youthful nostalgia, which is alright.  I do it myself.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 12:45:14 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=othermusic,m=1086695702,s=6 date=1086817993]You'll find that often the most talented do not make it, it's the more persistent.

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 05:45:17 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=othermusic,m=1086695702,s=7 date=1086828314]

To even mention Van Halen and Roth in the same breath as Lennon/McCartney deserves a beating.

[/quote]

To this I can only agree most vociferously.  :D

strutter84

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 06:30:11 AM »

I second that.  Utter blasphemy!

Bacchus

• A Beginning
  • I've got a feeling
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 12:00:36 PM »

And the crowd shouted...Crucify him!!!!!

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 10:30:27 AM »

Craziness......especially when you forget the Bono/Edge duo that has provided us with the most diverse and exciting catalogue since the Beatles themselves.....Eddie Van Halen didn't really do much new.....Van Halen was entertaining, but they inspired so many crap bands.....and honestly, they lost their relevance, if any, by the time Nirvana released Nevermind.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 06:21:42 PM »

How many Van Halen topics are you going to make Wayne? We already know that you like them but you don't need to remind us every day.