Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What do you think of this album cover?  (Read 5998 times)

Runforyourlife

Re: What do you think of this album cover?
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2005, 08:55:52 PM »

Quote from: ma_tt2
wow I never knew yoko made her own solo music that must be one horrible album

You really didn't know?

Well, actually this is an excellent album. Her best. I own it and I am not a huge "Yoko-thumper" ('tis what I call them). There are many very beautiful, heartfelt songs on there. Here's one she wrote for John that I'm sure everyone would actually consider lovely, for Yoko:

Nobody Sees Me Like You Do

I see your face looking into the space,
All tired and worried.
Why does it have to be like this, you and i,
I wanted us to be happy.

No one can see me like you do.
No one can se you like I do.

I see your face with a trace of life,
Being a wife and a woman.
If I ever hurt you, please, remember,
I wanted you to be happy.

Is there anything I want more,
More than your trust and understanding?

I wanna quit moving,
I wanna quit running,
I wanna relax and be tender.
I wanna see us together again,
Rocking away in our walnut chairs.

Even with your warmth and closeness,
The feeling of loneliness hangs over like a curse.

Even with our dreams and yearnings,
The feeling of loneliness hangs over like a thirst.

Note: She had written part of this song when he was still alive, but the part where she goes, "I wanna quit..." and ending with "walnut chairs' was all after his death.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2005, 09:30:21 PM »

She probably wrote it for Sam Havadtoy, or maybe she knew someday that his dirge-like demos/songs would surface as to how miserable he was. You've got to keep in mind that she was ready to leave him in early '80, but luckily for her, he took 5 bullets 8 months later. She started as an opportunist when she approached Paul and ended up with John, and that hasn't changed almost 40 years hence.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2005, 12:00:17 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
She probably wrote it for Sam Havadtoy

LOL!!!

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2005, 03:33:17 PM »

Very tasteless in my opinion...(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)
(electric)(electric)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2005, 03:44:49 PM »

That is so f***ed up. If John's death is truly tearing her apart, why does she always bring it up?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2005, 09:48:52 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
That is so f***ed up. If John's death is truly tearing her apart, why does she always bring it up?

'Cos that way, we don't forget her pain and what a Martyr she is.  She should have started her post-John albums as "Unfinished Martyr Vol. 1".

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005, 05:06:08 AM »

Quote from: tkitna
Yoko needed something to help sell her garbage and thats what she came up with. Like it was already said, glad she threw out a reminder that John was shot as i'm sure the world may have forgotten about it next week. And people think Paul has issues.

thats not rigth, hate when she does that  >:(

Bobber

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005, 07:43:57 AM »

It's always hard to lose somebody you love and that probably counts for Yoko as well. In total, she was ten years together with John and hadn't heard of The Beatles before she met him. John's been dead now for 25 years. Everybody misses him, Yoko too I guess, but the mourning must be over now. Yoko just uses Johns death for her own good. It's not about forgetting John or the way he died, it is about not forgetting Yoko. Any other person would just cherish the beautiful moments he/she had with the beloved ones that passed away. It's been 25 years... It was a shock, but she must be over it now. If she hasn't, she must be gone mad. But again, I think she just uses John so that WE will not forget HER.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2005, 09:40:16 AM »

Quote from: Bobber
It's always hard to lose somebody you love and that probably counts for Yoko as well. In total, she was ten years together with John and hadn't heard of The Beatles before she met him.

She met Paul first as she was begging for money even then. She knew damn well who the Beatles were before she met John.

John's been dead now for 25 years. Everybody misses him, Yoko too I guess, but the mourning must be over now. Yoko just uses Johns death for her own good. It's not about forgetting John or the way he died, it is about not forgetting Yoko. Any other person would just cherish the beautiful moments he/she had with the beloved ones that passed away. It's been 25 years... It was a shock, but she must be over it now. If she hasn't, she must be gone mad. But again, I think she just uses John so that WE will not forget HER.

Well said!

Bobber

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2005, 09:56:56 AM »

^thnx. She's probably still into avant garde: provocating is the word.

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2005, 03:20:44 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
^thnx. She's probably still into avant garde: provocating is the word.

People always tend to want to keep their position they have got. Returning to the old values that you have laid down is hard. I think Yoko Ono is provocating to keep where she was in the last 25 years. I mena, i have never seen anything of her art and i don't like her music. so she must use the things she has to keep position.

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2005, 05:03:04 PM »

I have an interview with her on VHS where she goes on about all the vultures that were out to pick John's bones dry after he died, and it seems to me that she's the biggest vulture of them all. And that was dead on what Bobber said--its so we won't forget her. Aahh Yoko, How do you sleep, y'c*nt?

Runforyourlife

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 12:19:35 AM »

I'm somewhat disappointed to read all these unsympathetic comments from people. I do, by all means, respect the fact that you don't care for Yoko. But when discussing the matter of her husband's death, is it really fair to assume the lady is remembering for purely selfish reasons? Couldn't it be that the majority of people who interview her are mainly interested in the John factor, therefore the reason she seems to beat it to the ground...

I mean, in all fairness, Yoko is a human being. She was not prepared for her husband's death and it probably still shocks her. None of us were there to know how deeply they felt for one another. She may have horribly manipulative and greedy ways, but that doesn't erase the fact that- at the end of the day- she is still a person who saw her husband die in front of her.

Yes it happens everyday. I wish it didn't and my heart goes out to all those who have suffered...which is why I can't understand all these negative comments. If you dislike her, fine, But to say she wrote a song for some token companion instead of John...that 'aint right.

Sam Havadtoy was certainly pivotal in helping Yoko deal with the loss of her husband, for being a supportive companion, someone who did not mind being deep in the background, and for being somewhat of a father figure for Sean. But he wasn't John and Yoko has said numerous times over that no matter how hard she looked, or tried, she could never find someone to replace John in her life or her heart. Or do you think she said that for publicity as well?

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2005, 01:46:52 AM »

Quote from: Runforyourlife

is it really fair to assume the lady is remembering for purely selfish reasons? Yep.

Yoko has said numerous times over that no matter how hard she looked, or tried, she could never find someone to replace John in her life.
-Of course she can't. There's no other person that she could expoloit or give her the leverage that John did.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2005, 05:15:44 AM »

How is it known that Yoko was going to leave John? I've never heard that. I'm not saying it's not true, just want to know the details.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2005, 02:37:28 PM »

I've heard that too. I also know that there are a bunch of heart-broken songs that John wrote, about "if you leave me I can't go on" and such like.
I guess Yoko just tried getting back with him a few months before his death or something.
I find it sad that John was so dependent on this woman, when there are so many women in the world who would love him so much and not exploit him.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2005, 09:25:24 PM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
How is it known that Yoko was going to leave John? I've never heard that. I'm not saying it's not true, just want to know the details.

Its pretty well documented in the book "The Beatles After the Breakup".

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2005, 10:53:22 PM »

Yoko is like the old saying. "...last refuge for the untalented"

Yoko is like the true last refuge for everything untalented lol

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2005, 11:50:33 PM »

Quote from: DerrenK
Yoko is like the old saying. "...last refuge for the untalented"

Yoko is like the true last refuge for everything untalented lol

But being an 'Artist' gives one license to do anything they please for 'art's sake'. Yoko wasn't held in an particular regard even by fellow avant-garde artists, and you almost have to try to be that bad.

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2005, 11:39:10 AM »

Quote from: Runforyourlife
I'm somewhat disappointed to read all these unsympathetic comments from people. I do, by all means, respect the fact that you don't care for Yoko. But when discussing the matter of her husband's death, is it really fair to assume the lady is remembering for purely selfish reasons? Couldn't it be that the majority of people who interview her are mainly interested in the John factor, therefore the reason she seems to beat it to the ground...

I mean, in all fairness, Yoko is a human being. She was not prepared for her husband's death and it probably still shocks her. None of us were there to know how deeply they felt for one another. She may have horribly manipulative and greedy ways, but that doesn't erase the fact that- at the end of the day- she is still a person who saw her husband die in front of her.

Yes it happens everyday. I wish it didn't and my heart goes out to all those who have suffered...which is why I can't understand all these negative comments. If you dislike her, fine, But to say she wrote a song for some token companion instead of John...that 'aint right.

Sam Havadtoy was certainly pivotal in helping Yoko deal with the loss of her husband, for being a supportive companion, someone who did not mind being deep in the background, and for being somewhat of a father figure for Sean. But he wasn't John and Yoko has said numerous times over that no matter how hard she looked, or tried, she could never find someone to replace John in her life or her heart. Or do you think she said that for publicity as well?

i agree...and exellent review
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.539 seconds with 77 queries.