Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Yoko Ono denies claims that John Lennon had bulimia  (Read 445 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
Yoko Ono denies claims that John Lennon had bulimia
« on: March 07, 2012, 06:36:53 PM »

NME
March 7, 2012
Yoko Ono denies claims that John Lennon had bulimia

Yoko Ono has denied claims that John Lennon suffered from bulimia. According to the Daily Telegraph, a new book from author Debra Sharon Davis titled BackStage Pass VIP claims that the Beatles legend loved to eat food such as bowls of Rice Krispies topped with ice cream, but forced himself to be sick afterwards as he "hated the feeling of being full". "Lennon was confused about his obsession with food," she said. "Lennon was surrounded by talented musicians, but many had drinking and drug problems – so it was hard for them to see Lennon's purging behaviour as extraordinary."One must also realize that at that time the public and the media were unaware of bulimia as an addiction and health risk – which made it all the more frightening for John Lennon," she added. "He literally had no point-of-reference on what he was experiencing."However, Ono has now denied the allegations, with the singer telling the Daily Mirror that her late husband "was always on a very healthy diet". She added:

http://www.nme.com/news/yoko-ono/62474

Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Yoko Ono denies claims that John Lennon had bulimia
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 06:57:56 PM »

I believe the claims of bulimia were made by Harry Nilsson and then repeated by the author in her book. I don't see Harry Nilsson as someone who would lie about that kind of thing. It seems like Yoko is denying these claims because there's such a shame associated with having an eating disorder, especially in men. That's sad to me, really sad, that there's more shame associated with an eating disorder than with all the other things we already know about John.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 41 queries.