Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Paul in Lima, Peru  (Read 8426 times)

KelMar

Paul in Lima, Peru
« on: April 23, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »

This email notification I got from Bands in Town made me laugh:

Lima, NY is a town just south of Rochester, with a population of about 2,000. After a 2 second urge to scream and jump up and down at the prospect of Paul appearing this close to me I realized they got it wrong!

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: Paul in Lima, Peru
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »

I got a cool picture out of it though. ^^^  Is that in Hamburg?

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »

Lima, NY is a town just south of Rochester, with a population of about 2,000. After a 2 second urge to scream and jump up and down at the prospect of Paul appearing this close to me I realized they got it wrong!

Funny! So much for proofreading, hm?

Our local news had a huge segment on how Paul is coming to Fargo. I would love to take the kids -- it seems almost sinful to have them miss this opportunity -- but I seriously doubt the ticket prices are in my budget.

That does look like a Hamburg photo, Kelley.

KelMar

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:02:45 PM »

Our local news had a huge segment on how Paul is coming to Fargo. I would love to take the kids -- it seems almost sinful to have them miss this opportunity -- but I seriously doubt the ticket prices are in my budget.

Yeah, even if he did really come to Lima, NY that issue would have stifled my screaming. Ringo is going to be in Canandaigua in July. Do you know where that is? I probably can't afford that either. As an aside, I can't read or hear Fargo without thinking of the movie. I don't always take the time to watch as many movies as I'd like but I did see that one. It's quite a film!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »

Ringo is going to be in Canandaigua in July. Do you know where that is?

Yes, I do!

I remember back when I was living in Missouri and so homesick for New York, I used to get so peeved because there is a Finger Lakes State Park (I think that's the name) in Missouri. They are filled-in strip mines, and people would always call them "the Finger Lakes." I was hard put not to snap, "The Finger Lakes are in New York, and they were formed naturally, by glaciers!"   ;)

KelMar

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 05:14:15 PM »

I remember back when I was living in Missouri and so homesick for New York, I used to get so peeved because there is a Finger Lakes State Park (I think that's the name) in Missouri. They are filled-in strip mines, and people would always call them "the Finger Lakes." I was hard put not to snap, "The Finger Lakes are in New York, and they were formed naturally, by glaciers!"   ;)

I can see why that would get to you. They should have come up with a more suitable name like the Scars-Upon-the-Land Lakes.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 02:20:56 AM »

Yes, I do!

I can see why that would get to you. They should have come up with a more suitable name like the Scars-Upon-the-Land Lakes.

Wow!  The Finger Lakes were formed by glaciers, huh?  It took years but my lesson is finally complete.  When my elementary school teacher called on me to name The Finger Lakes, I said "Lake Erie, Lake Huron..."  She stopped me and said those were The Great Lakes.  "Didn't you do your assignment?"  I said no, they're just lakes and what's the difference.  She told me to go to to the blackboard and write the names of The Finger Lakes 50 times.  I got up and went to the door and told her "You write the names 50 times" and left.  There was no Mississippi River to float down on a raft, like Huckleberry Finn would have done, so I took a walk down Jamaica Avenue and bought a slice of pizza.
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 03:33:18 AM »

What does The Finger Lakes have to do with Paul?      ;D 

KelMar

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 04:01:13 AM »

If you had done your homework you would know the answer to that question, Barry. I think it was a good thing you were such a cute little kid.  :P

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 04:17:49 AM »

It's where he got his finger pie

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 04:18:41 AM »

Do I get a prize?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 05:11:54 AM »

Yeah.  A four of fish.    ;)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 05:13:13 AM »

If you had done your homework you would know the answer to that question, Barry.

Homework was for girls!

KelMar

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 05:20:31 AM »

Homework was for girls!

Maybe so. I always did mine. And I never left school to get pizza until I earned my senior pass.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 05:23:24 AM »

Passes were for girls too!

KelMar

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 05:28:28 AM »

Passes were for girls too!

That's right. The boys didn't get them because they didn't do their homework. They didn't get them; they just made them.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 05:32:25 AM »

Yeah, Naomi was a monitor with a white shoulder belt and badge and all.  She saw me in the hall on the way out and asked "Where's your pass?"  I told her to get lost.  Then she took out her little spiral notebook and pen and told me she was reporting me.  "What's your name?" she asked.  "You've been in my class for five years and you don't know my name?" I answered.  Then I took her little notebook out of her hand and threw it down the stairwell where it landed four flights down.  "I'm going to tell on you!" she yelled.  "You would!" I answered and headed out to Jamaica Avenue.

KelMar

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 05:41:08 AM »

ha2ha Did she honestly think you were going to tell her your name?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 05:49:44 AM »

She was cute, Kelley.  Definite potential there.  I probably was in love with her...well, the 11 year old kind of love anyway.  But she turned into an idiot with that shoulder belt and badge on.  Pity!

I left her there crying.  She told on me alright.  She would.  :)

KelMar

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 05:56:06 AM »

:)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.051 seconds with 74 queries.