Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSAY WOODSTOCK!!

(1/48) > >>

Andy Smith:
HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY WOODSTOCK!!!

The Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, which was held 40 years ago in Bethel, New York, was the embodiment of the peace and hippie movement and provided a triumphant exclamation point for the 1960s.  Yes, there were crippling traffic jams and plenty of drugs, nudity, rain and mud. But there was also the music – three days of iconic performances from an unprecedented array of artists, including the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, the Band, Santana, Arlo Guthrie, the Grateful Dead, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Johnny Winter, Sly and the Family Stone, Joan Baez, Richie Havens and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

Jimi Hendrix-Woodstock-Voodoo Child

Richie Havens Freedom Woodstock 1969

Jefferson Airplane Saturday Afternoon Woodstock 1969

Santana - Soul Sacrifice (Woodstock 1969)

Creedence Clearwater Revival LIVE at Woodstock 69- I Put A Spell On You- 3rd Song

Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart [live Woodstock] (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Crosby, Stills and Nash Suite: Judy Blue Eyes Woodstock 1969 (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

The Band - Tears of Rage - Woodstock 69 (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Hello Goodbye:
Arlo Guthrie - Coming Into Los Angeles - Woodstock 1969
"This is a walk down the road trip, you know?  Incredible!  I heard the New York State Thruway's closed.  Isn't that far out?"

"I don't know if you could ahhh....I don't know like how many of you can dig how many people there are, man.  Like I was rappin' to the fuzz. haha.  Right, can you dig it?  Man, there's supposed to be a million and a half people here by tonight!  Can you dig that?  The New York Sate Thruway's closed, man!  haha.  Yeah, it's far out, man!  Lotta freaks!"

Arlo Guthrie

Woodstock    Friday August 15, 1969

Hello Goodbye:

JimmyMcCullochFan:
Happy Anniversary!  ;D

Andy Smith:
wow, amazing picture there HelloGoodbye! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version