Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: "Star Trek" fans  (Read 30422 times)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
Re: "Star Trek" fans
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2010, 01:05:31 AM »

^ ;D I never realized we had this much in common.

I like this too:

Star Trek - The Tholian web "forget it Bones"

It's an odd scene, but I don't know...I always enjoy Bones and Spock together, even if they're driving each other nuts.

So what are your favorite episodes in general? :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2010, 01:16:34 AM »

I used to have my favorites, Penny Lane.  But these days, having seen all the episodes so many times, I enjoy them all and focus on the characters and how they interact.  I think the writers for Star Trek TOS were brilliant.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:53:32 AM by Hello Goodbye »
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2010, 01:24:13 AM »

The scene I posted is a good example of how the writers understood literary technique by interrupting tense drama with a moment of comic relief.  Shakespeare did that in Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Othello, etc.!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2010, 03:23:07 AM »

I think the writers for Star Trek TOS were brilliant.

Agreed. :)

The scene I posted is a good example of how the writers understood literary technique by interrupting tense drama with a moment of comic relief.  Shakespeare did that in Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Othello, etc.!

That technique is quite useful in real life too. ;) And I'm a fan of Shakespeare as well.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2010, 04:12:35 AM »

That technique is quite useful in real life too. ;)

Definitely!

And I'm a fan of Shakespeare as well.

I wasn't at first.  But when we started taking school trips to Stratford, CT where they had a re-creation of the Globe Theater for their Shakespearean Festival and I had the chance to see several plays performed beautifully, I started to appreciate Shakespeare a whole lot more.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2010, 04:45:25 AM »

I wasn't at first.  But when we started taking school trips to Stratford, CT where they had a re-creation of the Globe Theater for their Shakespearean Festival and I had the chance to see several plays performed beautifully, I started to appreciate Shakespeare a whole lot more.

Awesome! ;D People can find Shakespeare intimidating at first, but once you really get into the language and the stories, there's a lot to appreciate.

I've been to Shakespeare festivals in Oregon and Utah, and many years ago I got to visit Stratford-upon-Avon and the reconstructed Globe Theatre in the UK. I had a teacher who was crazy for Shakespeare, so I learned a lot from him. :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2010, 04:16:12 AM »

Sadly, Penny Lane, the Stratford Festival Theatre closed in the mid-1980s.  The building has remained vacant and the town of Stratford is assessing its structural integrity.  It's a pity, really, as it's a great theater on scenic grounds on the Housatonic River.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2010, 04:24:45 AM »

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2010, 04:43:02 AM »

Sadly, Penny Lane, the Stratford Festival Theatre closed in the mid-1980s.  The building has remained vacant and the town of Stratford is assessing its structural integrity.  It's a pity, really, as it's a great theater on scenic grounds on the Housatonic River.

Aww, that's a shame. It's sad when historic/interesting buildings get shut down! That sort of thing really bothers me.

TNG episode 20 - "goodnight, sweet BEEP"

;D

That's so cute...I've never seen Patrick do that skit before, hehe. There's also a silly outtake somewhere where he's singing the alphabet for Gene Roddenberry.

I like it when Star Trek meets Shakespeare. I really enjoy The Conscience of the King episode, and ST VI: The Undiscovered Country is my favorite TOS film!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2010, 04:38:05 AM »

Aww, that's a shame. It's sad when historic/interesting buildings get shut down! That sort of thing really bothers me.

I have fond memories of seeing Julius Caesar, The Taming Of The Shrew, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Hamlet and Othello performed in that theater.

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2013, 03:23:44 AM »

Oh man... where was I when this thread was active...
I've only ever seen The Original Series episodes before, and liked them, but now I have been introduced to Next Generation and really liking that :) Have only seen First Contact and the first 3 episodes, so still have a *very* long way to go on the series, but so far I really like what I've seen :) My favourite character so far has got to be Data.... go him 8)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Page created in 0.383 seconds with 62 queries.