Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chas Newby  (Read 6417 times)

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
Chas Newby
« on: March 08, 2008, 02:53:05 PM »

Does anyone have a copy of the Chas Newby interview from Beatleology magazine that they can post?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

Re: Chas Newby
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 11:25:24 AM »

What year was it from, Bill?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 01:04:21 PM »

http://www.beatlology.com/
i have not found it yet but am looking for it too...chas was in petes band the blackjacks with bill barlow....

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 08:28:55 AM »

It looked interesting enough and the dollar-rates are quite attractive at the moment, so I've ordered it. I will come back on this issue as soon as it's arrived.

Brad Howard

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »

Hi,

As the owner of the Chas Newby interview that originally was published in the September / October 2003 issue of The World Beatles Forum and recently reprinted, with permission, in the September / October 2007 edition of Beatlology Magazine, I will not allow the posting of this copyrighted material on the internet, at this time.  I direct interested readers to purchase the Beatlology back issue with this interview:  http://www.beatlology.com/backissues.html

Thanks,

Brad Howard
Assistant Editor
Beatlology Magazine

Former Publisher of The World Beatles Forum

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 09:03:35 PM »

Quote from: 1259
Hi,

As the owner of the Chas Newby interview that originally was published in the September / October 2003 issue of The World Beatles Forum and recently reprinted, with permission, in the September / October 2007 edition of Beatlology Magazine, I will not allow the posting of this copyrighted material on the internet, at this time.  I direct interested readers to purchase the Beatlology back issue with this interview:  http://www.beatlology.com/backissues.html

Thanks,

Brad Howard
Assistant Editor
Beatlology Magazine

Former Publisher of The World Beatles Forum

Hi Brad. Don't get paranoid. All I've seen on this thread so far is publicity for the magazine! No-one has posted anything. And remember, this mag is actually very difficult for some people to get hold of, as not everyone on the forum lives in Europe, or indeed in a part of the world where it's easy to get hold of things like this.

Good luck with the magazine. And tell me, why is it called 'Beatlology', and not 'Beatleology'?

Brad Howard

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 09:36:45 PM »

Hi,

The magazine is from Canada and is quite available.  Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Brad Howard
Assistant Editor
Beatlology Magazine
www.beatlology.com

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 09:28:03 AM »

On another level, Brad, people like you are mostly gathering information from other sites and forums such as these. Copyright, Johnny? And isn't there a law against spamming?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 10:35:29 AM »

Quote from: 1259
Hi,

The magazine is from Canada and is quite available.  Thanks very much.

Yes, if you're Canadian, or you don't live in an Eastern block country, or parts of Central/South America. What if you don't have a credit card to pay for it online?

If you're going to spam your way around here, please at least do us the courtesy of showing a few pages. Thanks.

Brad Howard

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »

Hi,

The copyrighted interview we have with Chas Newby was conducted via the telephone.  All I wanted to do here is assert my copyright over the interview, which I have done.

For fear of being accused of spamming again, I will not discuss the magazine which does accept cheques, money orders and bank drafts.  Over the years, via the Net and various magazines, I have freely distributed my interviews with Bruce Spizer and Mark Lewisohn - with more to come.

Regards,

Brad Howard
Assistant Editor
Beatlology Magazine

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »

I am seeing both sides of the coin here. It's great you are a published editor of The Beatles Brad and welcome. I can understand your concerns about your income stream. However, it's all a bit informal here, theres no need for job titles here. Have a nosey round, you may find we have also edited some worthy, interesting and notable opinions around the place and we have no powers to assert copyright. It's a free forum with people sharing their wonder, and enthusiasm. With the Wild Wild web, it seems copyright is a strange issue. There are plenty of copy and pasted bits of information on the web...it's a fact of life....I doubt wickipedia would be suing for copyright. Maybe you and Bill Harry can communicate by private message about the matter. Also if you have any concerns, please contact one of the admins or moderators direct to avoid a negative public exchange.

The wrath of moderators and admin normally come when it seems the sole purpose for being here is to just sell and capitalise on The Beatles legacy.

Peace & Love.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 01:15:36 PM »

i think that brad and chas deserve each other...let them be.....we can leave them out of our discussions...unless they send money....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 01:30:39 PM »

we try and share information here....i know of noone yet that has stolen information here and released it as their own...it is just not done here...and 4 the record i have no interest in learning anymore about chas or anything of pile hoarders...but if you wanna discuss something interesting ...do so...or beat it bud...

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 01:33:56 PM »

Just to intervene again....Brad and I are in communication and I am hopeful that this has got off on the wrong foot. Happy to delete this thread and start again if all in agreement. Maybe it would be useful left up for people to see? Most people do refer to their sources when posting here and it is a free, fun, interest board. :)

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 01:34:51 PM »

and besides bill only wanted to read it....sorry if i seem abrasive but what you suggest is nonsense and disheartening...i can be callous but then i can be cool too but this discussion shouldn't involve me because i am jaded on the reporters side...a fan can learn without repercussions...can't they?????

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »

you mean i can't vent and name call?????it is the only reason i come here.....sh*t there goes that....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 01:38:06 PM »

and you are wanting to delete a topic on my board?????what the f*** is up with that???????

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 01:39:29 PM »

just delete it all then rick...i am sure paul will help.....

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 01:42:51 PM »

Marshall, I'm just trying to get some harmony back in the pad. I ain't said nowt bout deleting or not. Be the bigger man...Sure I got that off you. ;)

Lets chill a bit round here people.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »

i find that the more we get roughed up here the smaller i become....
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 70 queries.