Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chas Newby  (Read 6418 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Chas Newby
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »

ok brad let us try to harmonize.....on 2 in b flat...and a one and a two...
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 02:37:34 PM »

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 04:55:45 PM »

Hi everyone,

If I can just add a comment about this thread... Brad is very concerned that people have gone way off on a tangent here about an interview he conducted and published both in World Beatles Forum and later in Beatlology and how it might affect people's opinions of Beatlology. Frankly, I'm not worried. We have thousands of loyal readers, and a post on here is not going to change that.

There are many aspects to the copyright of this article, none of which have to do with selling magazines. I can assure you that. Beatlology is a labour of love for a dozen or so regular contributors and myself, a graphic designer with a REAL JOB who does this on the side as hobby and all money goes right back into printing and mailing. Canada Post has made far more from this magazine than I ever have. I can assure you sales of the magazine are less importance to the fact that we reach thousands of interested readers worldwide, even in the eastern block. Someone there figured out how to pay for it so it can't be all that hard.

Anyways, back to Brad's comment about the copyright. He owns it. Period. He took the time to research the article and spend an hour or so on the phone with Chas and then countless hours transcribing the interview. I'm sure if any of you did the same you'd want to protect the investment of your time in the interview. Maybe some of you HAVE done interviews and HAVE posted them online for free - please send links, we'll copy them and print them in Beatlology. See - got you there didn't I? Brad's interview was not copied from other sources so any comment to that affect is null and void.

The other side of the coin is our valued subscribers. Subscribers do pay annually for a great product and expect exclusivity in what they read, not regurgitated from the web. What if we started posting all our interviews online within a few months of publication in the magazine? Is that fair to them? I think not. They'd leave in droves. I actually posted a few pages of the very first issue to show prospective readers what the magazine looked like, just to drum up interest when it first came out and could not believe the feedback I got from that!

As for the posts that Brad's posts are spam - get over it.

I wish this board well and hope that as Beatles fans you all recognize that a lot of what we do in Beatlology is for loyal subscribers who are big Beatles fans.

Thank and peace.

Yours truly,
Andrew Croft, Publisher
Beatlology Magazine
-----------------------------------
Beatlology Magazine
Beatlology On-Line Auctions
This Day in Beatles History
http://www.beatlology.com

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 05:10:44 PM »

again noone was trying to steal the mans work we were just interested in further information on chas newby...and now i am ired that brad felt another party was needed to clarify what transcribed...this is not my site but i have been here a long long time....and i assure you that there is no malice intended towards you or you precious brad,but if you take your head out of your neither regions and read,you will see what i stated is so...granted i only speak 4 me and none of my veiws are supported by the adminstrators or posters on this board...

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 05:13:07 PM »

we welcome you to the forums beatlology.....any sheridan stories to share?i need an article for rolling stones.... ;D
i am kidding lighten up fellas...

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008, 05:27:29 PM »

ok brad i do apoligize for my errattic behavior...i am unfit in social situations..what can i say...
we love what you're doing and hope to read more...may the magazine sell bigger and better 4ever more....
again accept my humble apaulogy....
marshall

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 05:36:53 PM »

you like fats?enjoy a cut.....no messages just a good tune...
PAEhPVueOiE

Brad Howard

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2008, 06:51:55 PM »

Man, you guys sure are fast typers (typists?  keyboardists?).

I'm glad that things are back on track.  I never thought that this discussion would go the way it did.  This was never my intention.  I stumbled upon this thread by accident.  Up until today, I've never been called a spammer - although I did use a spanner today to fix the pipes under my sink (true).  Without getting too preachy or boring, copyright law varies from country to country.  In Canada (where I live), whenever there is a question of copyright, the holder of a copyright has to first assert their right to the ownership of an intellectual work.  This I did yesterday.  Didn't mean it to come across as being accusatory.  And, I only mentioned the correct information, in this thread, about the back issue so that interested readers could obtain the Chas Newby interview, as I noticed that two different mag covers had been posted.

Thanks,

Brad Howard            

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »

and thank you brad for not retreating away so this could not be cleared up...here have a link http://www.runboard.com/bthetonysheridanforum

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2008, 07:08:56 PM »

and the canada thing explains why you had to let it publically known....my cyber pal manon lives in quebec.....there are many strange laws up yonder for sure...her husband had to take her last name when they married...do you fluent the language?french!! eh? you'll have to learn to say eh after everything... ;D
well brad no hard feelings here i can assure you...

Brad Howard

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 07:30:21 PM »

Yeah, strange laws and customs.  Ten years ago, when Andrew was first telling someone aboat his magazine idea, the gent asked him to spell it.  He said, "B-eh E-eh A-eh T-eh L-eh O-eh L-eh O-eh G-eh Y-eh." The guy said, "That's 20 characters.  It'll never fit on the cover!"

Brad  

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »

;D thats a p*sser great stuff brad........i use to love second city television the way john candy use to always make light of the fact canadians always end sentences with eh....
my fave hockey team is there too...the maple leafs

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 07:37:08 PM »

oh and by the way you are welcome to go browse the other topics too...post on them if you like...it's too good of weather for me to stay in doors any more gotta get out to the barn and work on a falcon or 2....peace and love brad

Brad Howard

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 07:46:58 PM »

Hmmm.  The only maple leaf I like is one pressed in a book.  And, can anyone explain why after I rake my lawn in Autumn, and the snow melts in the Spring that the lawn is full of decomposing maple leaves?  We don't even have a maple tree around us.  That's it, I promise.

Oh yeah, Chas Newby rules!

Brad

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 11:29:49 PM »

:)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Bobber

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2008, 12:52:09 PM »

Although I paid for the magazine and it's booked off my accounts, I have received zero till now. It's been a few weeks.

Brad Howard

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 11:44:58 AM »

Hi,

I've emailed Bobber off-line and hopefully will have this issue resolved happily, shortly.

Thanks,

Brad Howard

Bobber

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 12:16:22 PM »

As a matter of fact the magazine arrived this afternoon. I will post the Chas Newby interview later.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 73 queries.