Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Singles - Ballad of John and Yoko.  (Read 37870 times)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Singles - Ballad of John and Yoko.
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2010, 08:20:47 AM »

I agree with that. He would have definitely got involved in something, I even think it would have been some kind of war protest by the way... I almost sure!  :)

Jane - I can hear that turning into a fact in your head as we speak.  :)
He might have got involved in something.

If we're using qoutes, here's poltical bad boy in 1980
PLAYBOY: John, do you really need all those houses around the country?
LENNON: They're good business.

Lennon would have definately got involved in property market speculation that ultimately would contribute to the near collapse of the worldwide economic syastem, bringing poverty, hardship and distress to countless millions. I'm almost sure...    :)

don't follow leaders
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2010, 09:01:58 AM »

Slightly OT: Paul McCartney supports Make Poverty History and Adopt-A-Minefield. If John is a peace activist, can we call Paul a peace activist too?

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2010, 11:03:04 AM »

It only seems long because reading the posts gets rather tedious. HAHA  ;D ;D  ha2ha
ha2ha  ;D
I agree with that. He would have definitely got involved in something, I even think it would have been some kind of war protest by the way... I almost sure!  :)
maybe he meant like book writing, drawing or even acting.  :D =  he was young when he said it though so it may mean nothing

Lennon would have definately got involved in property market speculation that ultimately would contribute to the near collapse of the worldwide economic syastem, bringing poverty, hardship and distress to countless millions. I'm almost sure...    :)

ha2ha but then he would have been visited by 3 ghosts on xmas eve!  ;D
or maybe he'd be the leading protester against downloading music on the ineternet (?$?)
Slightly OT: Paul McCartney supports Make Poverty History and Adopt-A-Minefield. If John is a peace activist, can we call Paul a peace activist too?
i was  thinking that too/ i just wish paul hadnt written that freedom song after 9/11- it's kind of a right wing song . . . but what can you expect, unlike john, paul's background is working class ! ha2ha

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2010, 06:04:30 PM »

Lennon would have definately got involved in property market speculation that ultimately would contribute to the near collapse of the worldwide economic syastem, bringing poverty, hardship and distress to countless millions. I'm almost sure...    :

Hi Kevin!
Unlike your supposition, which never realized, mine was a fact. He was a protester against war.  :)
John knew very little about business and financial matters.  :)  :(
Why don`t you react to some other ideas of mine instead of choosing just a fun phrase?   :)  :P
If you want a conversation say something in reaction to my or lennonista`s ideas.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2010, 06:07:08 PM »

Awwww, that`s what it is! Jealousy! (can hear Billy Joel singing...)
Do you think I mind?   ;D

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2010, 07:37:08 PM »

Awwww, that`s what it is! Jealousy! (can hear Billy Joel singing...)
Do you think I mind?   ;D

It's not jealousy (I don't represent Paul...) and it's certainly not meant to be provocative. It was a 100% serious question.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »

Macca has been an activist for a ton of things over the years. Animal rights etc What did John do besides lay in bed for a week?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2010, 08:29:35 PM »

It's not jealousy (I don't represent Paul...) and it's certainly not meant to be provocative. It was a 100% serious question.

Joost! Please, don`t be so serious, friend! Of course, Macca is great!   :)
But... why should we speak about him here where we speak about John? BTW we are speaking about John`s song! So, if somebody remembers Paul all of a sudden it makes one think... - jealousy! they want to prove that Paul is no worse... - BUT actually I don`t mind and agree that Paul is an activist! Though for a bit lesser causes, which are not dangerous for the protester himself and his life like the protest against the Vietnam War was. Is Paul included in the CIA or FBI files? NO. And John was. FACT.
Well, Nyfan, have I done my homework well??  8)  Please, answer!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2010, 09:21:52 PM »

BTW we are speaking about John`s song!
Originally we were, but the last several pages this has mostly been a discussion about peace activism through music. So I don't see why I wouldn't be allowed to bring Paul into the discussion since we're not really discussing the song anymore, and this was never supposed to be a topic exclusively about John.

So, if somebody remembers Paul all of a sudden it makes one think... - jealousy!
For the second and hopefully last time, that's nonsense. This is not a John vs. Paul popularity contest where I'm on Paul's team.

Though for a bit lesser causes
I disagree. At least Paul has specific causes. John's message was always much too general and simplified to really change anything. If someone says "I want world peace!", my first thought is, "Great, where do you want to start?". John never really answered that question. Paul has campaigned against landmines and for the lowering of the debts of the Third World countries. Now those are actually good places to start. So if you ask me, Paul's thinking as an "activist" is ahead of John's.

which are not dangerous for the protester himself and his life like the protest against the Vietnam War was.
I'm not buying that John's life actually was in danger because of his activism.

Is Paul included in the CIA or FBI files? NO. And John was. FACT.
Yeah, and Michael Jackson was included in the Stasi (East German secret police) files. So what?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:34:42 AM by Joost »

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »

Joost! Please, don`t be so serious, friend! Of course, Macca is great!   :)
But... why should we speak about him here where we speak about John? BTW we are speaking about John`s song! So, if somebody remembers Paul all of a sudden it makes one think... - jealousy! they want to prove that Paul is no worse... - BUT actually I don`t mind and agree that Paul is an activist! Though for a bit lesser causes, which are not dangerous for the protester himself and his life like the protest against the Vietnam War was. Is Paul included in the CIA or FBI files? NO. And John was. FACT.
Well,Nyfan, have I done my homework well??  8) Please, answer!

??? what do you mean 'john's song ? as i say in my first reply, everything i like about this song comes from paul  ha2ha
now, let me direct the crowd's attention to the splashing descending piano slaps which are played before "saving up your money for a rainy day . ."
Can you even believe these are the same hands that play ‘martha my dear’?? – little richard would be be proud! ! !
 ;yes
See, if you take away paul’s fun wild piano , . . his solid drum beat . . his vintage rock bassline . . .  his spot-on harmonies . . . what you’re left with is:

" . . . 99 bottles of john on the wall / 99 bottles of john
If yoko farts consider it art / 98 bottles of john on the wall . ."

ha2ha

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »

. . . .  :-\ . . umm, hello . . . (tap tap) is this thing on? .. i just said something negative about the great john lennon . . . basically saying he was riding on paul's musical coattails . . . . anyone?? . . . .
hmm
ok, let me sweeten the pot - john's whole 'peace' thing was just a gimmick to sell more records !
yup - make a few fat dollars off a peace anthem and spend that money on smack and running throuh a bunch of asian women like some demented g.i. on shore leave !!
then it's back to the home front to be the worst father/husband in the entire world . . .
just another day in the life of arch villian john lennon . .

doesn't anyone have anything twelve pagey to say ?  :'(

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2010, 08:37:01 PM »

Originally we were, but the last several pages this has mostly been a discussion about peace activism through music. So I don't see why I wouldn't be allowed to bring Paul into the discussion since we're not really discussing the song anymore, and this was never supposed to be a topic exclusively about John.

Nobody said you are not allowed to speak. (Though I remember you didn`t allow me to speak when I posted in The Beach Boys - I don`t like them much - you - You are not supposed to speak! - I thought - Oh...) So, certainly do speak, I enjoy reading your posts because they are very profound and well-thought over.
What concerns John and the CIA, it was rather dangerous. You are far from politics, so you may believe it is not. But it is. John got involved in big politics, not in debt-issues or land-mine issues, which are commonly accepted as positive causes to argue for. And even official acting politicians support these ideas. However Paul chose not to speak about the war in Iraq, because this is big politics and this is the direct interference into the foreign policy of the country.
What can be done in this respect, to stop the war? Practically nothing, but a famous person`s voice influences other people`s perceptions, attracts the world`s attention to the problem so that the countrys government could no longer disregard the international community`s opinion on the issue. The protests increased, the demonstrations proliferated and John did contribute to it. Even Julia writes about it (please, read my post about what Julia writes in her book). Nobody is doing the same concerning the war in Iraq. People speak against it, but there`s no action as huge as to make the world fix its eyes on it. That`s what John did at that time. The present war goes on and American and British sons are dying there by the way. What for? For no reason.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2010, 08:38:02 PM »

Nyfan, I am disappointed.  :'( :'( :'(

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2010, 09:01:41 PM »

(Though I remember you didn`t allow me to speak when I posted in The Beach Boys - I don`t like them much - you - You are not supposed to speak! - I thought - Oh...)
I'm really sorry to read that. I seriously can't remember that I ever (consciously) tried to make you feel like your imput wasn't wanted. If I somehow made that impression I sincerely apologize and I can assure you that I never wanted to exclude you from any discussion.

I enjoy reading your posts because they are very profound and well-thought over.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

You are far from politics
How do you know? I can assure you I'm not.

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #214 on: April 21, 2010, 09:43:42 PM »

Nyfan, I am disappointed.  :'( :'( :'(
well jane, if you'd like to know how i really feel it's as follows -
it was a plan of the devil to remove john lennon .. and bob marley . .from this world to set the stage for 666 incarnate ronald reagan to take office along with his black magic practicing wife and all the evil string pullers including cia honcho/murderous drug dealer george bush the first - and the whole skull and bones carlyle crew.
if an influencial voice like lennon's had been around in the 80's . .   or now for that matter
but even if he wasn't slain something would have happened - he would have been deported, incarcerated, scandaled or something. it really never fails.
paul mccartney's song 'freedom' really p*ssed me off. where's your song for the hundred thousand iraqi civillians who were killed in the fake oil war? what the *^&@% do you really know about 9/11 paul BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . where's john when you need him  ???  :-X
and give peace a chance had nothing to do with all this. it all started when he said "tricky dicky . . . . " in gimme some truth

lennonista

• One And One Is Two
  • ¡Viva la revolución!
« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2010, 10:01:55 PM »

doesn't anyone have anything twelve pagey to say ?  :'(

No.

Bobber

« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2010, 07:22:10 AM »

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Page created in 1.047 seconds with 73 queries.