Solo forums > Paul McCartney

Time for Setlist change

(1/20) > >>

maccafan:
Guys I'm new to this forum and I've been in heaven posting all over the place.  

With McCartney's upcoming tour I think it's way past time that he changed his setlist, after all he's given the last TWO DECADES to the Beatles heavy one he's been doing and it's time for him to concentrate on the rest of his career.  He has so many Wings/solo songs that are just screaming to be performed live, especially many of those fantastic Wings hard rockers!

I'm not asking for some deep buried album track, I'm talking about McCartney picking and performing the best of his Wings and solo material.  He has #1 hits that have never been performed live?

Understand I'm not saying he shouldn't perform any Beatles but I think it should be a lot less.  The perfect setlist to me would be representative of his entire career.  Here's what I think would work for everyone.

McCartney averages about 36 songs per show, so he could do...

12 Beatles
12 Wings
12 Solo

McCartney can mix them up anyway he wants so the crowd is hit with surprise after surprise!  I honestly think no one would be disappointed with such a show, it would satisfy the veteran as well as the newcomer.  It would also quiet down those who are starting to say that his setlist is too predictable, that complaint is showing up in more and more places.

What do you guys think?

wingsman:
Well, I've always wanted to listen to "No More Lonely Nights" live... :)

Ha, you're right.

JimmyMcCullochFan:
I think he should do what Dylan does, which is mix up the set list every night. That way it'd be fresh and full of surprises. Sadly, I don't think Paul would do that  :'(

BlueMeanie:

--- Quote from: 682 ---I think he should do what Dylan does, which is mix up the set list every night. That way it'd be fresh and full of surprises. Sadly, I don't think Paul would do that  :'(
--- End quote ---

The problem with doing that in a large venue is that lighting systems are pre-programmed, so if you change the set you'd have to re-programme everything. It's why when you see someone at a stadium there's not ad-libbing or improvisation. And if you think there is, it's been planned!

Smaller venues don't really have a need for pre-programmed light shows so set lists can be changed at will.

JimmyMcCullochFan:
^ Good point. I wasn't thinking about the lighting systems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version