Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ono Not You Again  (Read 2448 times)

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
Ono Not You Again
« on: December 07, 2005, 05:21:58 AM »

This article articulates alot of what I've thinking of the John reissues.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/ono-not-you-again/2005/12/01/1133311152938.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap2

Re: Ono Not You Again
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 06:17:45 AM »

Good for you.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 01:24:44 PM »

If the stories about stuff Lennon got up to before and after he met Yoko are true, and I guess they are to some extent at least - about starting fights with fans and worse - then I think we can't blame Yoko for things too much about what seems increasingly to me to be the lack of integrity and wholesomeness behind such songs as Imagine. This is what the article seems to suggest. Timeless tunes, no matter what anyone says, but, I have recently come to the conclusion that Lennon wrote songs like this in spite of his character, rather than because of it!

All You Need Is LOVE!

OldTop

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 01:28:05 PM »

Excellent reading, thanks!
Just too bad the author does not indicate anything re. the sound quality of those new remasters. But the rest is eloquent enough for me to only guess...

All this reminds me somehow of Frank Zappa's legacy, in its state most fans have been complaining about for over a decade now, leaving us feeling we are likely going to cleanly pass away before any of the good stuff from the vaults (and you can bet that in Zappa's case there is some stashed in there) ever see the light of day... Is it a coincidence that Yoko Ono and Zappa's wife and head of his trust were friends at some point?

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 03:28:25 AM »

Yeah, pretty much nails it on the head. Some of the remixes change the original, which I hate because it was released as is and shouldn't be tampered with.

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 41 queries.