Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Penny Lane - With Trumpet Ending  (Read 15777 times)

danielcelano

• A Beginning
Re: Penny Lane - With Trumpet Ending
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 03:28:25 AM »

You're right, mate. By the way, I think the cover of the promo copies is either yellow or green.

Daniel, by "RM11" I know you're referring to the US mono promo mix with the piccolo trumpet ending.  Perhaps The Beatles listened to the various remixes and settled on the mix without the trumpet ending (RM14 UK mono mix).  That was their preference and not indicative of the trumpet ending sounding bad.

Personally, I'm happy that both versions exist for our listening pleasure.  Looking at my post on May 31 last year, in retrospect I cannot recall if I might have indeed heard the promo on the radio back in 1967.  I purchased the stereo Magical Mystery Tour LP when it was released.  The first time I definitively remember hearing the trumpet ending version was when I purchased The Beatles Rarities LP in 1980 thirteen years later.

As far as my own personal preference, I like the piccolo trumpet ending version better.  It's a piccolo trumpet dénouement.

THE BEATLES Remasters! /// 9. Penny Lane - (MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR) - (MONO Remastered 2009)

The Beatles - Penny Lane - 45 RPM - Promotional Copy WITH TRUMPET ENDING

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 04:14:14 PM »

I just discovered on the "Collector's Items" (Unreleased Capitol Album/Released by Dr. Ebbetts http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=SPRO-9463&section=1) that the RM11 is in stereo. I am wondering if I actually have the original (mono) mix. I have the US Rarities, but as we discussed that is a fake.

If I make a fold down mix of the stereo, would that be true?
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 04:58:04 AM »

I just discovered on the "Collector's Items" (Unreleased Capitol Album/Released by Dr. Ebbetts http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=SPRO-9463&section=1) that the RM11 is in stereo. I am wondering if I actually have the original (mono) mix. I have the US Rarities, but as we discussed that is a fake.

So, does no one have an answer?
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 09:22:44 PM »

I don't think so, Gary.

Bobber

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 06:53:49 AM »

I haven't got a clue.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »

I don't think so, Gary.

What is that based on Daniel?

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 01:14:15 PM »

What is that based on Daniel?

Nothing. I think RM11 is mono.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 10:28:33 PM »

Yes, it's mono.
I can stay till it's time to go

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 03:15:22 AM »

Oh, I almost forgot! I know someone who recorded the trumpet ending. David Mason.

Yes, it's mono.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 11:56:36 PM »

Nothing. I think RM11 is mono.

I didn't say RM11 wasn't mono. On the bootleg I was referring to, all of the references say it is RM11. I know it is a contradiction that says it is stereo, I understand that. So if I took that mix, and folded it down to mono, is that the genuine mix?

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 11:42:10 AM »

Maybe.

I didn't say RM11 wasn't mono. On the bootleg I was referring to, all of the references say it is RM11. I know it is a contradiction that says it is stereo, I understand that. So if I took that mix, and folded it down to mono, is that the genuine mix?

danielcelano

• A Beginning
Penny Lane - Trumpet Ending in True Stereo
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 10:26:48 PM »

Guys, do you know what I wish? I wish the trumpet ending of Penny Lane was heard in true stereo instead of the Rarities version.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
Re: Penny Lane - Trumpet Ending in True Stereo
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 10:34:50 PM »

never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...never could see any other way...

;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
Re: Penny Lane - Trumpet Ending in True Stereo
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 10:38:12 PM »

Think of it this way, Daniel.  It's just one trumpet and it's right in the middle.

danielcelano

• A Beginning
Penny Lane Release Problems
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »

Since Penny Lane was first released on February 17 1967, how come it was already released in America on February 13 1967 as in four days earlier? And another thing. How come the books about the Beatles say something about when the trumpet solo was lacked from the very end of the song?
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.478 seconds with 67 queries.