Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: bob dylan is as talented as a........  (Read 3233 times)

raxo

• Sun King
Re: bob dylan is as talented as a........
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 03:29:43 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b
Dylan post 65 was no more a folk artist than the Stones were a blues band or the Beach Boys were a surf act. [...] without Dylan's influence Revolver and Sgt Pepper would have been two nice albums about love and girls. His influence is immense, his output of work in the sixties incredible. He gave the sixties its consciousness.

100 agree. Even in the Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's thing.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 03:37:18 PM »

Quote from: raxo

100 agree. Even in the Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's thing.

Cheers Raxo. I was beginning to feel a little lonely out here.
don't follow leaders

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2005, 03:49:41 PM »

...I was beginning to feel a little lonely out here.

Herecomesyoursun was lending a hand too... and I'm only saying what I do think (but the matter is that I love... his stuff. I'm not pretending him -his body- as Mairi or strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver seem are ... competing for him, y'know :P)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 04:31:08 PM »

Herecomesyoursun was lending a hand too... and I'm only saying what I do think (but the matter is that I love... his stuff. I'm not pretending him -his body- as Mairi or strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver seem are ... competing for him, y'know :P)

Cool. All this defending him has made me want to revisit his stuff. I think Highway 61 might be my next purchase. Would love to get wasted one night, listen to that, Blonde on Blonde, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Between The Buttons and Aftermath and give an honest comparison to the lot. (Pretty sure Revolver would win, but everything else is up for grabs)
And some 65/66 Who and Beach Boys as well. Phew. Better get a decent sized bag. And some extra rizzlas. And some munchies. Might drag out the beanbags. Rock'n'roll.
don't follow leaders

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 04:36:10 PM »

I've been listening to Highway Revisited 61 this morning (I'm gonna listen to Blonde on Blonde or Nashville Skylne -my favourite one of him, and don't be surprised because I think is the Guys For Sale of Bob-) and I always find something new (like with the guys).  :)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 04:37:46 PM »

^ As I was researching my case Nashville Skyline was often mentioned as his most underrated album.
don't follow leaders

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 04:59:30 PM »

So it is Guys For Sale, I think.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 05:03:41 PM »

He's as talented as a very talented singer-songwriter who writes songs with bountisome lyrics which could mean something a lot of the time only if you want them to and who's voice sounds a bit like a vaccuum cleaner and somehow but somehow his songs seem to drag on and on and when your listening to a song that lasts about five minutes you feel as though it lasts fifteen minutes and might get the impression that all his songs sound the same but also at the same time they all sound different and his melodies are very good but also sound they are coming from some meta-melody in his head and in some of his songs it's just like a constant flow of words constantly coming at you like this post which I hope doesn't seem too pretentious because I've never been called pretentious in real life and if you met me you wouldn't think so because I'm just another confused bod and don't really know where I'm going in life at the moment but I am kind of optimistic in my own way and somehow very determined for someone who attended not one of the better schools in Britain and left without qualifications but managed to get into unversity several years later and have no less than two degrees and I've also lived and worked abroad so I must have some kind of confidence and self-belief in me somewhere which I have generated against considerable odds and one of the reasons I like the Beatles so much is because after all they are THE ultimate working-class heroes and I myself am from a working-class background but of course Britain is the land of class division and worthless pointless mindless snobbery and verbal nastiness and even bullying in the workplace which middle-class and upper-class people show to working class people like me for a perverted kick of some sort which has been inbred and indoctinated into them by what are called public schools in this country but are in fact are private schools and the idea is which is really a sick joke that anybody can go to them and that is why they are called public schools and thery are in fact medieval institutions so they learn how to treat their own people like scum because that is what it was like in medieval times and they seem to think that the rest of us are peasants and so much for great British tradition but still of course they are public schools and anyone can attend them but in fact of course not anyone can attend them because the fees are high so it's an exclusive club where kids are taught that they are superior and learn how to look down on working class people that is their own people so how can it be a society and really how can it be Great Britain and United Kingdom if there is such division and contempt for their own people and I can also tell you that I also have noticed that 'in their eyes there's something lacking, what they need's a damn good wacking' because most of them I've met have been nasty and contemptuous to me just for being working-class and also being Welsh which means being British but a lot of English people especially the snobbish ones look down on the Welsh like we are second class citizens but in fact a great deal of British achievement has come from Wales and the British Welfare State and National Health Service were both founded by Welshmen and as for Wales being somehow backward is concerned in fact Wales was a Christian land before England even existed and a host of great singers have come from Wales and even on British television we have to put up with ignorant presenters just taking the pee out of the Welsh and a lot of English people I have met especially the public school ones who are almost obligatory medievalised snobs have just smirked and insulted me for being Welsh while living abroad and so much for Great Britain abroad and even here in Wales stupid English snobs have insulted me for being Welsh and in many places but when it comes to it they can't take even a small joke about England because they havce a kind of insecurity complex which makes them somehow need to despise the Welsh so they can make stupid comparisons but they are just damaging the British way of life and as far as they are concerned the Welsh are second-class citizens and thank goodness not all English people are like that but what is united about the United Kingdom if they think that way and treat us like dirt when we are all supposed to be British and such arrogant snobs really are so very conceited because they are just limited fragile human beings like the rest of us and they don't even notice that nobody ever looks up to thewm just because they want them to because a medieval institution called HA HA HA, a 'public' school, has taught the conceited fools to despise their own people and look at us as if we are scum but when they do that we can always notice that in their eyes their is something lacking and frankly it's humanity which is lacking in their eyes and their attitude and they are almost guaranteed to treat us like dirt but in fact they are the scum because the scum is always at the top as histiry shows because these upper class scum organised the British Empire which was daylight robbery emploing natives as incredibly cheap labour to exploit their own natural resources which we stole but of course the upper classes couldn't admit that it was daylight robbery because the sun never set on the British Empire so it was daylight robbery organised by upper class scum who couldn't admit the obvious truth that they were scum so invented the facade of the 'gentleman' even though there was and is absolutely nothing gentle about the 'gentleman' and one thing I hate is going abroad and being told that I am a British 'gentleman' when in fact I would like to tell them that I am a gentle man which makes sense because I am but the so-called bourgeois 'gentlemen' destroyed millions upon millions of lives over centuries in such exploits as the slave trade and then when slavery was abolished the upper classes claimed it as a great triumph for humanity but conveniently forgot that they were super wealthy at that stage because of how they had got that wealth from the destruction of millions of millions of human beings and this is in fact the root of their cold nastiness which still endures with them down the centuries up to now and these are the reasons why such upper class scum have been so nasty to me over the years but also because I am basically a nice person and the problem with being a nice person is that there are so many nasty people in the world that if you show them the nice side of your character too much they will kick you in the teeth and I know something about that for sure and even though it happens I still have a sense of humanity and would like to make the world a better place and even sometimes really do believe in 'jaded hippy stuff' because if everyone in the world weho is decent and sincere did their little bit to make the world a better place then it could really make a difference and why not try because the politicians don't really care as long as they are getting their fat salaries and telling the people one thing and doing something esle and many political decision s are made in private and what we are looking at to some extent is elected dictatorship and when it comes to party conferences they reach that part of the speech where thewy talk about society being fair and decent but it's not true because if it were then it wouldn't all be dominated by the upper and middle classes who get the opportunities and privlielges while the working class barely gets a chance to move up the socila ladder and have shorter life spans than middle calss people so how on earth can anyone say that society is remotely fair and very few political representatives come from a working class background so there is the reason why odds are stacked against people from working class backgrounds and even though a lot of peole have been quite nasty to me for not being afraid to show my soft, caring side nonetheless there is no way I'm going to join the rat race even though I should also be honest enough to say that I have snapped under pressure and then people have thoguht me to be quite horrible because of my angry reaction but I'm only human and the trouble with people like me is that if you are sensitive you are nice so can treat people kindly but then also of course for the same reason of being sensitive a sensitive person is also hurt all the more easily and this is baiscally why nice people get treated badly but I don't care about nasty people any more and just avoid them and a person who was one nasty to me several times ironically told me that I should avoid the negative people and I think he's right so after that when he continued to be nasty to me I avoided him so that might make you smile and if it did it might have vaguely worth reading this riduculously long post which if you don't mind gives me the chance to get a few things off my chest and...not olny that..but...

NOW YOU KNOW A FEW THINGS ABOUT ME TOO BUT I PUT THEM IN THE WRONG THREAD!

ANYWAY, THANKS TO YOU DUDES AND DUDESSES -

AND I DO GET TO FEEL A BIT HAPPIER IN THIS FORUM THANKS TO YOU ALL!

PEACE AND PEACE AND PEACE TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 05:18:18 PM »

NO. Thanks to you for sharing.

Peace to you too, Brother.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 05:19:04 PM »

^How many did you get and how much did they cost? And what's his phone number? I want some.
I stuck with you most of the way, but I got the thrust. Don't spend too much time being angry. They're not worth it.
don't follow leaders

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2005, 05:31:54 PM »

Cool. All this defending him has made me want to revisit his stuff. I think Highway 61 might be my next purchase. Would love to get wasted one night, listen to that, Blonde on Blonde, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Between The Buttons and Aftermath and give an honest comparison to the lot. (Pretty sure Revolver would win, but everything else is up for grabs)
And some 65/66 Who and Beach Boys as well. Phew. Better get a decent sized bag. And some extra rizzlas. And some munchies. Might drag out the beanbags. Rock'n'roll.

Let's have a Party!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »

Let's have a Party!

It would be damn fun. I don't really have a music/smoking buddy at the mo'. (please, no tears.) Throw in a good game of stoned chess afterwards and I'm in hog heaven.
don't follow leaders

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2005, 05:46:13 PM »

:D I wouldn't mind having a party with all that stuff you mentionated and some buddies from these forums (even all - Wayne too, why not, ... wanna join Dirt?). (jumping)(rainbow4)(smoking3)(smoking1)(bouncing3)(beer)

I'm sure that day would be a great one. (thumbsup)(wave1)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2005, 05:48:19 PM »

I would love to meet Wayne. I have such a picture of him in my head, and that boy needs some serious chilling. (mind you, it'd probably f*ck with his medication.)If I win the lottery......
don't follow leaders

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2005, 06:21:07 PM »

Don't spend too much time being angry. They're not worth it.

Right. But, getting stuff off the chest is always worthwhile. Also, I suppose I thought my own 'Dylan-esque' rant might bring a smile to some, or just food for thought...I didn't plan it, it just rambled as I got into it. But, the injustice in our whole world... :'(
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2005, 06:24:18 PM »

:D I wouldn't mind having a party with all that stuff you mentionated and some buddies from these forums (even all - Wayne too, why not, ... wanna join Dirt?). (jumping)(rainbow4)(smoking3)(smoking1)(bouncing3)(beer)

I'm sure that day would be a great one. (thumbsup)(wave1)

My stuff I mentionated? It doesn't mean I can SING it like Mr. Zimmerman!

I'd try reading it in a posh voice as though it were the finest of bourgeois poetry!
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2005, 06:26:28 PM »

Quote from: GreenApple

...I suppose I thought my own 'Dylan-esque' rant might bring a smile to some, or just food for thought....

I didn't want to tell you, but at the begining I was smiling, by the middle I was thinking and in the end I was sad. Peace.

P.S. Very Bob-esq (some people say Dylan-esq,  ??), don't mind).

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2005, 06:34:58 PM »

Quote from: GreenApple

My stuff I mentionated? It doesn't mean I can SING it like Mr. Zimmerman!

I'd try reading it in a posh voice as though it were the finest of bourgeois poetry!

My post was relationated with one from Kevin,... but if you want to try a Bob voice....  :D

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2005, 06:40:03 PM »

I can do an impression of a vaccuum cleaner!
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2005, 06:43:52 PM »

LOL!  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 76 queries.