Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 639864 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8160 on: October 02, 2012, 02:42:40 AM »

" There are only three types of people in this world! Those that are good at math and those that aren't!"

ha2ha
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #8161 on: October 02, 2012, 03:10:05 AM »

There is nothing in the world that I hate more than maths.

I understand just how you feel Ovi! Math was terrible for me when I was in school. I think most people who feel they aren't good at math just haven't been taught in a way that matches their learning style. I finally taught myself algebra the summer before I started college. The program I was going to take had so many credits that they wanted us to test out of the math requirement. I failed the first time but I bought the course book and finally figured out how I learn math best. I didn't become a math person but I passed the test and was later able to teach my son math when we homeschooled. He was like me but now has a job where he uses math everyday. So hang in there!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8162 on: October 04, 2012, 12:19:33 AM »

I honestly do not get why there is such a fascination with where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. Am I missing something?

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8163 on: October 04, 2012, 02:30:09 AM »

I honestly do not get why there is such a fascination with where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. Am I missing something?
He's probably part of a bridge abuttment in New Nersey somewhere!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #8164 on: October 07, 2012, 03:07:31 PM »

Walrus Gumboot is the name of my fantasy football team.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

KelMar

« Reply #8165 on: October 07, 2012, 05:08:29 PM »

Walrus Gumboot is the name of my fantasy football team.

I hope your fantasy team does better than my reality team did last week. Good grief!

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #8166 on: October 07, 2012, 09:18:43 PM »

I hope your fantasy team does better than my reality team did last week. Good grief!

Well my college team (Florida State) lost, my pro team (Eagles) lost, and my fantasy team is getting smoked!  Good grief is right!   :'(

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8167 on: October 08, 2012, 01:46:01 AM »

Well my college team (Florida State) lost, my pro team (Eagles) lost, and my fantasy team is getting smoked!  Good grief is right!   :'(
I'm really impressed the last couple of games with the NE Patriots "rookie" team. It looks like they want to win again!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8168 on: October 14, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »

This week has been cold and dreary followed by sunny and cold so... I started up the woodstove. I think I actually love that woodstove!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8169 on: October 15, 2012, 10:53:42 PM »

This week has been cold and dreary followed by sunny and cold so... I started up the woodstove. I think I actually love that woodstove!

Arrrgh; Dcazz, stop! Fall foliage, woodstoves.....I am getting increasingly disenchanted with my current locale. I LOVE woodstoves.

Just joking, of course. I hope you and your wife are having a very pleasant autumn!  :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8170 on: October 16, 2012, 05:31:44 PM »

Even more perplexing -- and annoying -- is this ongoing fascination with the "Did Jack have to die?" in Cameron's Titanic. He wasn't even a real person, for goodness' sake. If people are so concerned, maybe they should consider researching some of the fascinating stories behind the people who were actually ON the ship that night.

The whole thing just makes me crabby.  >:(

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8171 on: October 16, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »

Arrrgh; Dcazz, stop! Fall foliage, woodstoves.....I am getting increasingly disenchanted with my current locale. I LOVE woodstoves.

Just joking, of course. I hope you and your wife are having a very pleasant autumn!  :)
I'm sorry Normandie ( sort of) ! Just think of all the money your making working in the oil fields!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8172 on: October 16, 2012, 11:28:17 PM »

I'm sorry Normandie ( sort of) ! Just think of all the money your making working in the oil fields!

UGH don't even mention those!  ;)  The oilfields are the bane of everyone in this state; they are strongly hated by pretty much everyone I know. The overflow has ruined the western part of the state and is spilling east, quickly.

Ah, well, I'll soothe myself of mental images of bright fall foliage and woodstoves -- and maybe I'll be able to get back East soon!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8173 on: October 17, 2012, 03:37:40 AM »

UGH don't even mention those!  ;)  The oilfields are the bane of everyone in this state; they are strongly hated by pretty much everyone I know. The overflow has ruined the western part of the state and is spilling east, quickly.

Ah, well, I'll soothe myself of mental images of bright fall foliage and woodstoves -- and maybe I'll be able to get back East soon!
I'm sorry to hear that! The media makes it sound so great! I'll post some pics soon. If it makes you feel any better the colors have been pretty dull this year. The wind and rain knocked a lot of them down before they completly turned. I haven't even bothered with a photo yet! Maybe the end will be better than the begining!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8174 on: October 18, 2012, 03:19:18 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that! The media makes it sound so great! I'll post some pics soon. If it makes you feel any better the colors have been pretty dull this year. The wind and rain knocked a lot of them down before they completly turned. I haven't even bothered with a photo yet! Maybe the end will be better than the begining!

We're still early in the fall foliage change here in New Jersey.  Most trees are still green!  With a forecast Indian Summer coming up, I think we're going to have an extended fall color event.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8175 on: October 18, 2012, 05:22:29 PM »

So far yes! Last thursday we went on a Vermont winery and Cheese tour for a day. We had a great time with lots of laughs. Got to pet some very freindly goats at a place called Fat Toad Farm. They're goat cheese and goat cheese CARAMEL are featured at Williams and Sonoma and lots of other places. Did wine tasting at a couple of wineries and after a couple hours of that everything was funny!
I came downstairs on Saturday and noticed a horrible smell in the kitchen. I figured a mouse died under the fridge or something. Soo... I took apart the front of the fridge (as it's a built in and you can't move it) went under it with flashlights, wet vacs trying to suck his little carcass out through the front to no avail! : (  Later I was making lunch and opened a tupperware and WHOA!!! it was the goat cheese!! Almost knocked me over. I told her she needed to bring that stuff out to the back field and bury it deep! I have no such trouble with the wine.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:26:21 PM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8176 on: October 18, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »

Here are a few photo's from Fat Toad Farm and a winery!
Mark Twain

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #8177 on: October 18, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »

Just curious, I read the post of oil fields, fall foilage....ect. I makes me wonder where everyone here is at/from. I am in Southwestern Ohio. We have had some beautiful foilage this year. But a bit warmer than it should be.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8178 on: October 18, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »

North Central New Jersey

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #8179 on: October 18, 2012, 08:12:21 PM »

Foliage-challenged North Texas.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 527

Page created in 0.885 seconds with 80 queries.