Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Playing the Beatles Backwards - Jambio Feature  (Read 3119 times)

Playing the Beatles Backwards - Jambio Feature
« on: November 10, 2008, 08:47:08 PM »

As a lifelong fan, I'm proud to be able to draw attention to this new series that is happening over at Jamsbio.com. If you're not familiar with the site, its a great place for people to share their "music memories." Remember the first time you heard "Please Please Me" on the radio? Jambio allows you to share the story, and as you read other people's stories, you may just begin to realize that when it comes to music, many memories are universal!

Anyway, one of my fellow writers over at Jamsbio has taken upon himself the task of counting down all 184 of the Beatles' original songs from 184 to 1. It has been an impressive feat and he's done an amazing job at it. Granted, the countdown is based on his opinion, and we all know that we may have very different opinions on what songs place where. However, his articles are just a jumping point, and we hope to spur discussion amongst the Beatle elite as to their song lists, their thoughts on the list and so much more.

The series started today and will be running every day for the next month, give or take. Each day five new songs will be introduced to
the list - be sure and stop back to see where your favorite place... and don't be afraid to be vocal please! Getting opinions from Beatle lovers is what we're aiming for!

The intro piece is here:
http://magazine.jamsbio.com/2008/11/10/songs-184-to-180/

And, Jamsbio magazine is here: http://magazine.jamsbio.com/

Thank you all so much and I hope you enjoy the articles!
All the best!
Stacey
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Playing the Beatles Backwards - Jambio Feature
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 08:11:49 AM »

Quote from: 1705
...its a great place for people to share their "music memories." Remember the first time you heard "Please Please Me" on the radio? Jambio allows you to share the story, and as you read other people's stories, you may just begin to realize that when it comes to music, many memories are universal!

Well, that's about the same as we're doing in here.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 08:17:32 AM »

Thank you Stacey. Probably the politest spammer we've ever had!

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:51:19 PM »

And certainly more appealing than whoever was peddling "chicken sternum collagen" (!) here a few days ago.  ;D

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »

Sorry, I do realize, once I posted, that this did come off as spam. But, it really wasn't intended that way, I swear! As a lifelong fan who has been attending the Fest for Beatles Fans in NJ since I was 16 (and have done the ones in Boston (back when they had them) and Las Vegas); seen Ringo in concert 10 (?) times and Paul 4; and whose honeymoon was spent in london and liverpool.... I'm just extremely excited to be sharing this project with my fellow fans.

I think it's a neat thing that some one was able to tackle, as I certainly couldn't imagine doing it myself, considering  that on any given day I'd have to pick my "favorite" song between one of about 75 =)

Anyway - I do thank you and hope you don't mind if I pop in on occasion... The nice thing about the feature is it has gotten me to reach out to others that are like minded!

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 01:53:34 PM »

Quote from: 63

Well, that's about the same as we're doing in here.

I realize that, and I'm sorry if it came off otherwise... JB is for all music and a pretty neat site, just wanted to give a little background on it before I shared the Beatles project...

All the best!

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 01:58:57 PM »

Dont worry about it Maccagirl the fact you have came back after youre original post means it you werent just here to spam  ;) ;) ;) ;)

python

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 11:40:50 PM »

Ive checked it out and it seems quite interesting.Tho,one poster didnt rate Revolution 9 at all and put Only A Northern Song in the same bracket.Thats one of my fav Harrison tracks and personally,I think shouldve been on Pepper.But,each to their own.Thanks Maccagirl for posting.
Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 49 queries.