Other forums > Current Affairs

In the news tonight....

(1/8) > >>

aspinall_lover:
Watched national news just now and guess what's making a huge "comeback".....as if it NEVER left some of us............the vinyl LP is making a huge comeback with the younger generation.  This IS fantastic!!!!  The "LP" has never, ever left my collection of music.  Some of my best music is on "vinyl".  And a turntable has always and will forever be in my stereo set-up.  They're expecting sales of LP's to double this year.  What's y'all's thoughts on this.  I think it's super!!!!!

Okay:
It's great, and actually it makes sense. People have mp3s when they're on the go now, and vinyl have the best sound (by a mile, the warmness is incomparable) so the CD has rather little to offer. In the UK many alternative artists now sell vinyls and they give free digital downloads with them, which is imo the best strategy atm

JimmyMcCullochFan:
My g/f has LOTS of records  :) I have a few records but no record player  :( I think it's fab that the LP is coming back!

An Apple Beatle:

--- Quote from: 1486 ---It's great, and actually it makes sense. People have mp3s when they're on the go now, and vinyl have the best sound (by a mile, the warmness is incomparable) so the CD has rather little to offer. In the UK many alternative artists now sell vinyls and they give free digital downloads with them, which is imo the best strategy atm
--- End quote ---

With you on this. Vinyl to save the industry. Nothing replaces putting on an album and placing the needle in anticipation. Hope it catches on. If I were to release, I'd certainly put out a 1st press on vinyl.

aspinall_lover:
I'm so excited about this.  I want the "younger people" to know and hear the sound of the LP on the turntable.  "Dark Side of The Moon" by Pink Floyd is the ULTIMATE on a turntable.  And then I think the next best LP on the "table" is The Alan Parsons Project, "Tales of Mystery and Imagination....Edgar Allan Poe".....i.e......."The Raven"........I can blow my windows out at my house with that vinyl on the table............... 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version