Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Imagine : best song & worst song  (Read 4805 times)

Wayne L.

Imagine : best song & worst song
« on: May 27, 2004, 01:09:38 PM »

Best Song-Jealous Guy
Worst Song-Crippled Inside

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
Re: Imagine : best song & worst song
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 01:28:26 PM »

Best: Jealous Guy
Worst:Oh my Love

---powered by Moondogs®---

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 03:02:28 PM »

Best: Gimme Some Truth
Worst: Oh My Love

NGM

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

Best-Imagine
Worst-Oh My Love

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 08:19:30 PM »

I hate these sorts of lists, where people don't saay anything. Come on everybody, talk!

Best song: How Do You Sleep. Lennon puts it right up that McCartney bastard. And, best line in the song: "The sound you make is muzak to my ears ..." True then, still true more than THIRTY YEARS later.

Worst song: Oh Yoko. Lennon bleats out silly rubbish about his ridiculous wife. What a wasted tune! "In the middle of a shave, I call your name ..." God save us!

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 10:35:29 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1085663378,s=4 date=1085689170]I hate these sorts of lists, where people don't saay anything. Come on everybody, talk!

Best song: How Do You Sleep. Lennon puts it right up that McCartney bastard. And, best line in the song: "The sound you make is muzak to my ears ..." True then, still true more than THIRTY YEARS later.

Worst song: Oh Yoko. Lennon bleats out silly rubbish about his ridiculous wife. What a wasted tune! "In the middle of a shave, I call your name ..." God save us![/quote]

Geez, no Macca-hatred going on here!

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 10:44:15 PM »

Interesting comment, singling out the Macca-blast in my post. No mention that I also give Lennon a serve! Charlie! Be fair!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 11:50:02 PM »

Man Ria, I know you hate Paul, but be honest, you've been blasting him pretty much non-stop for 2 weeks.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 12:32:14 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1085663378,s=6 date=1085697855]Interesting comment, singling out the Macca-blast in my post. No mention that I also give Lennon a serve! Charlie! Be fair![/quote]

You did indeed, I must admit.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 02:14:31 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1085663378,s=7 date=1085701802]Man Ria, I know you hate Paul, but be honest, you've been blasting him pretty much non-stop for 2 weeks. [/quote]

Arrrgghh ... TK, I ALSO gave Lennon a blast. Ya gotta read de WHOLE post, man!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 02:56:43 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1085663378,s=9 date=1085710471]

Arrrgghh ... TK, I ALSO gave Lennon a blast. Ya gotta read de WHOLE post, man![/quote]

I realize what you wrote on this post, I was just stating the obvious from what i've read throughout the entire forum. Its no biggie though. If you dislike Paul,,,,so be it.

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2004, 07:05:13 PM »

Best song - Jealous Guy. The melody and lyrics are beautiful.

Worst song - Tied between Crippled Inside and Oh Yoko. I don't really like the music in Crippled Inside. Oh Yoko's lyrics are annoying.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 04:01:19 AM »

I can't believe some people actually consider "Oh My Love" to be the worse track on Imagine. Its one of the most beautiful songs I ever heard. Thta's my favorite one on here.

My least fave is "How Do You Sleep?" because its always taken SO SERIOUSLY by people and they b**** about how John was b****ing and blah, blah...I'm sick of hearing all of that so I just rather ignore the track alltogether. Actually, hasn't anyone ever been p*ssed at a friend? Big deal. The song is really nothing bad.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2004, 04:54:38 AM »

Best Song: Imagine/Oh Yoko
Worst Song: I Don't Want to Be A Soldier Mama

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

JohnLennon

• One And One Is Two
  • lennon 817
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 12:18:22 AM »

I dont want to be a soldier mamma is a good song man
DAVID PEEL IS REAL

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 01:07:46 AM »

[quote by=JohnLennon link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1085663378,s=14 date=1087345102]I dont want to be a soldier mamma is a good song man[/quote]

Yeah, but it's weaker than the rest of the album.....Yoko seemed to think so as well as it's the only song from Imagine that didn't make the Lennon boxed set....

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Stratford

• A Beginning
  • Young and unlearned
    • Lair of tilly
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 11:10:18 AM »

Best song: Imagine / Oh my love - Well, Imagine simply have to be on my list. I don't know any song that makes me feel like that one does. However, Oh my love sounds so appealing and I love it on the basis it's nothing more than a simple love song...

Worst song: Crippled inside - Have to agree with you folks here. When I first heard this right after Imagine had given me tears in my eyes, I went cold and thought "He's joking, right?"
You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly.
George Harrison[/righ

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 05:26:18 PM »

I love "Crippled Inside"...in fact, I honestly could never get sick of the song...it seems real Beatlesque to me and it's got such an upbeat sound to it. LOVE it!

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 08:56:51 PM »

[quote by=JohnLennon link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1085663378,s=14 date=1087345102]I dont want to be a soldier mamma is a good song man[/quote]

Eh, it's probably my least favorite song on the album.  It sounds like it was done to a prerecorded backing track or something.  Too generic.  Same for It's So Hard.  Hate the sax.  That 2 song block almost ruins that album for me.

Favs: Jealous Guy and Gimme Some Truth

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2004, 07:40:45 PM »

Bst SOng:Imagine/Gimme Some Truth

Worst:How Do You Sleep

Did mcCartney ever do something like that to him?

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.4 seconds with 83 queries.