Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cynthia Lennon Dies  (Read 14133 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Cynthia Lennon Dies
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 02:49:54 PM »

If the story is accurate then it shows how messed up John was. I mean, having an affair with a woman because you think she's the reincarnation of your mother?  ???

My thoughts exactly. I was too timid to post, though.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 07:26:15 AM »

My thoughts exactly. I was too timid to post, though.
But I have heard many times that at a subconscious level we are all trying to marry our mothers and fathers. I think this is what she meant, and it's a "sin" that apparently we are all guilty of.
From an evolutionary point of view we are genetically programmed to reproduce. Everything is sudsidary to that. And from on early age you are imprinted with an example of a successful reproducer to set you on your way. And what better example for a child is there than their parents. Can't (from your point of view) get more succesful than that.
don't follow leaders

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 07:34:52 AM »

I have no doubt that from an evolutionary point of view what people find attractive are qualities they saw in their parents. Personally I'd draw the line at shagging someone I thought was, even spiritually, my actual mum.  ;)

It seems that Johns idea of reincarnation was a little muddled anyway. Given his mum died when Alma was already treading this earth for a good number of years. Makes me think that Cyn's story might not be the whole truth.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »

But I have heard many times that at a subconscious level we are all trying to marry our mothers and fathers. I think this is what she meant, and it's a "sin" that apparently we are all guilty of.

Sounds like John was functioning on a more conscious level, though.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 06:13:42 PM »

ftp://
Sounds like John was functioning on a more conscious level, though.
? Are you saying you think John deliberately chose a partner that reminded him of his mother? A bit hard to believe.
don't follow leaders

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 06:25:11 PM »

David Nelson Sings I Want a Girl (Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad)

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 07:02:13 PM »

ftp://.
? Are you saying you think John deliberately chose a partner that reminded him of his mother? A bit hard to believe.

That's what I took away from what Cynthia said in the article. Perhaps she was misquoted or inaccurately paraphrased, though. The article says Cynthia said John confessed to her that he thought Alma was the reincarnation of his mother, and that he had an affair with her, the implicit assumption—at least to me—is that the former was the reason for the latter.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 10:12:35 PM »

The article says Cynthia said John confessed to her that he thought Alma was the reincarnation of his mother, and that he had an affair with her, the implicit assumption—at least to me—is that the former was the reason for the latter.

John saw his own mother more as a girlfriend than a parent. He fantasised about having a sexual relationship with her. Thus his fascination with other older women.

Alma Cogan was born in 1932 and Yoko Ono in 1933. Julia died aged 44 and when John died Yoko was 47.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.793 seconds with 52 queries.