Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Have you ever seen The Beatles in concert? Or one of them?  (Read 9982 times)

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
Re: Have you ever seen The Beatles in concert? Or one of them?
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 03:44:46 PM »

I saw Ringo in Gothenburg last summer (seems like years ago...must be the post-concert depression that I'm still suffering from). It was AMAZING! One of the happiest days of my life.  ;yes

Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band - Boys, Liseberg, june 10, 2011

I remember that girl screaming, I almost screamed!  ha2ha
Now I just have to see Paul. Does anyone know if he's EVER going to come to Scandinavia??
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 10:54:08 PM »

I remember that girl screaming, I almost screamed!  ha2ha
Now I just have to see Paul. Does anyone know if he's EVER going to come to Scandinavia??
You didnt scream??????? Ha, I think you have more chances that he will come to Scandie than NZ! :P

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 02:36:46 AM »

You didnt scream??????? Ha, I think you have more chances that he will come to Scandie than NZ! :P

ha2ha No, I was way too shocked and overwhelmed to scream. We'll have to write to him and ask him about it, it's as simple (or difficult) as that!  ;D
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »

ha2ha No, I was way too shocked and overwhelmed to scream.

Beslutsångest again, huh?   Four whole fried chickens and a Coke.  And white bread, toasted, dry with nuthin' on it.
I can stay till it's time to go

Pattie

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »

Great storys people! Paul and Ringo are still alive! So the ones that never saw them have the chance to see them in a near future! Don't get dissapointed! You still have the oportunity!

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 12:50:48 AM »

Beslutsångest again, huh?   Four whole fried chickens and a Coke.  And white bread, toasted, dry with nuthin' on it.

Hm, not quite.  ha2ha

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 04:24:36 AM »

I saw the Beatles in 1966, Washington, D.C, August 15th. I still have the ticket stub. Everything you've heard is true. Hearing them was nearly impossible. You could hear enough of the songs to figure out what they were playing, but there was no way to hear a word of their stage patter. What Ringo has said is correct: People came to SEE them, not necessarily hear them. Seeing is believing.

I have seen Paul, George, and Ringo twice each. Got to hear Ringo's soundcheck the first time, but didn't get close enough to say "hi".

As for John, I had a lot of "One Degree of Separation of John Lennon" connections over the years, making the acquaintance of many people who knew John personally. Never heard a bad story about him. All agreed that he was very fan-friendly. Sadly, that was what caused his death.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

KelMar

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 04:46:48 AM »

I saw the Beatles in 1966, Washington, D.C, August 15th.

Ah...another one who was there when it all happened. I love to hear these stories!

Pattie

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »

TomMo, that's a really good story! You are a witness of them, and that's great. I suppose that you are very proud of it.
Thank you for all the storys!

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 02:23:06 PM »

TomMo, that's a really good story! You are a witness of them, and that's great. I suppose that you are very proud of it.
Thank you for all the storys!

Thanks, Pattie. I was 13 years old at the time and very rebellious. I had to make up a story to get out of my house that night, take a bus from Baltimore to D.C., then take a cab to the stadium. I'm glad I did. After the concert, everyone was talking about having to wait a whole year for the '67 tour - and nobody knew they had just witnessed part of their very last tour.

Yes, I can say that I saw them. But as concerts go, there was much to be desired: less screaming, better sound system, more than 25 minutes of them, and with the Beatles positioned out at second base, a closer seat would have been nice. But I was satisfied. I got more than $5 worth of memories.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 12:07:24 AM »

I saw the first incarnation of Ringo's All Star band at Kingston NH in 1988 or 9. The line up included Dr. John, Joe Walsh, Billy Preston, Nils Lofgren, Clarence Clemons, Jim Keltner, Rick danko and Levon Helms. All this and a total eclpise of the moon during the concert. Everyone including Ringo and the band stopped to watch it with a great applause when it was over. Fun night with great songs!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

davisM

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »

Saw Paul in 2002 and saw Ringo in 2005 and 2008 (July 5th...two days before his 68th birthday)...All the shows were just great ! In 2005, we missed actually "seeing" Ringo in the lobby of our hotel by less than 5 minutes...I knew I should have run that last red light ;))

KelMar

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 05:54:33 AM »

I saw the first incarnation of Ringo's All Star band at Kingston NH in 1988 or 9. The line up included Dr. John, Joe Walsh, Billy Preston, Nils Lofgren, Clarence Clemons, Jim Keltner, Rick danko and Levon Helms. All this and a total eclpise of the moon during the concert. Everyone including Ringo and the band stopped to watch it with a great applause when it was over. Fun night with great songs!

How neat! Ringo was at Niagara Falls recently which isn't too far from here. I found out too late, not that it would have mattered. I also won't be seeing the Beach Boys when they play near here on June 29th.  roll:)

KelMar

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 05:56:08 AM »

Saw Paul in 2002 and saw Ringo in 2005 and 2008 (July 5th...two days before his 68th birthday)...All the shows were just great ! In 2005, we missed actually "seeing" Ringo in the lobby of our hotel by less than 5 minutes...I knew I should have run that last red light ;))

Welcome Davis! Keep stopping for those red lights; you'll see more in the long run if you do.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.64 seconds with 71 queries.