Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: i won rodeo tickets for answer this beatles trivia  (Read 11644 times)

Re: i won rodeo tickets for answer this beatles trivia
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2005, 11:40:53 PM »

Quote from: Mairi

People choose to go into sports. Animals are forced to perform for us. There's a difference.

By that logic, mute humans should be mistreated too.

Amen. PaulLennon68 wins the prize for the most ignorant post I've ever seen. Its mind-boggling stupidity. I hope he's only 6 or that 68 is his IQ, because those are the only reasons I'm accepting for that post.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 01:13:03 AM »

Geez, somebody won some tickets to a rodeo and now its all this garbage about animal cruelity. What next? Its not like any of the animals in a rodeo get put down after the event. Yeah, we use cows and horses for a little sport. Its no big deal. To be honest, horses have no use anymore and if they ever did reach extinction, would the world be any worse off? At least we eat the cows.

Paul Lennons argument about the big cats killing for fun probably isnt so far off. I know for a fact that my cats toy with their prey when they do catch something. They'll just sit there and allow it to run for awhile and then they'll go slap it around and toss it upin the air and so forth. My point is,,,sometimes its not only for food that animals kill. They have a sense of humor too.

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2005, 01:33:54 AM »

Human arrogance and ignorance seems to be the rule and not the exception.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2005, 01:37:24 AM »

I was going to reply in detail to Tkitna, then I realized that juniorsfarm has said it best.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2005, 01:54:17 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
Human arrogance and ignorance seems to be the rule and not the exception.

What did I say that prompted this response? I'm sorry that you feel so strongly about rodeos. Your the first person that i've known that feels that way. Maybe you should start a petition or something. It all sounds pretty ridiculous to me, but you never know what you can accomplish. Good luck. Now excuse me as I finish the rest of my Steak sandwich.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2005, 01:56:17 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
I was going to reply in detail to Tkitna, then I realized that juniorsfarm has said it best.

Ohh, please do. We all would love to read your opinion. As a matter of fact, i'm on the edge of my seat.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2005, 01:56:46 AM »

Go research rodeo cruelty.

Go read PaulLennon68's post again.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2005, 02:03:47 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
Go research rodeo cruelty.

No. It doesnt interest me and i'm surprised anybody feels strongly about it.

Go read PaulLennon68's post again.

Why? I read it once and that was enough. Besides, what could anybody else offer after you ripped it and picked it apart in your usual way. Your a piece of work. I'll admit that.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2005, 02:06:00 AM »

Calm down everybody its a rodeo.  Its for fun.  It probably gets a lot of people interested in horses.  Animal rights people seem to be spending their energy in the wrong places.  Once we've finished human rights, then i say we move to animals.  But while there's still torture, rape, warlords, and starvation I say we look at the big picture.

Plus its a rodeo!  Theyre fun!  And congrats to Marshal for winning!

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2005, 02:10:15 AM »

Um ... go research rodeo cruelty.

How about we stop torture, rape, warlords, starvation (and disease and ignorance and bullying) and ... cruelty in all its forms.

Any exploitation of the weak by the strong is questionable, at the least.

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2005, 04:50:30 AM »

It doesn't get much more 'fun' than this, but what the heck? We are the mighty humans and everything on God's Earth is beneath us to exploit. Yee Haw!!
http://abo64.tripod.com/yaac/id5.html

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2005, 11:30:01 AM »

there is abuse everywheres.
a mute rodeo???

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2005, 11:32:42 AM »

And think of all the out of work rodeo clowns. Out on the streets waiting in the cheese lines and so forth. Cruel!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2005, 11:41:02 AM »

you don't think peta is already on the case???with the way everybody is in everybodys business?
its sad when americas pastime is reduced to an abuse fest.
maybe you could think about how everything affects your world.how america stole its land maybe or how it abused native americans,chinese,afro americans,mexicans,and every other race to hit these shores.but i think to critisize these shores you should at least be informed correctly....

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »

Quote from: pc31
you don't think peta is already on the case???with the way everybody is in everybodys business?
its sad when americas pastime is reduced to an abuse fest.
maybe you could think about how everything affects your world.how america stole its land maybe or how it abused native americans,chinese,afro americans,mexicans,and every other race to hit these shores.but i think to critisize these shores you should at least be informed correctly....

I don't know what that last sentence means, but I agree with you about the other abuses that you mentioned, but its tangential. If there are abuses that exist that we can change, not support, etc., then we are at least doing something. History unfortunately can't be changed, but we can learn from it. We can do something about current abuses/exploitations. 'Fun' that involves cruelty and pain I consider deplorable, but people are ignorant and it perpetuates. If you feel different, so be it. That's my (last) two cents on the topic.

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2005, 04:22:16 AM »

You animal activists are so fun to read... You think you know everything... You think this world is for every living, breathing thing to live in... I don't think so...

Many millions, billions, trillions of living things die a day... Humans, pigs, cows, bulls, donkeys, house cats, dogs, flies, bees, spiders, plants, PLANTS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! By your logic (all you wonderful activists), any time we should see a fly or a spider in any kind of danger, we should run to save them! Or should we just step on them? Tell me, juniorsfarm, how many times have you swatted at a fly to get it away from you? Is that not animal torture? How many times have you hit a brother or sister or close friend? Not animal cruelty? Ever gone fishing (maybe not, because I know I haven't)? Cruelty... Have you ever actually gone to a rodeo? Probably not... But I'm sure you'd see that about one out of every 1000 bulls or other animals on this planet (that number is probably even very low, I'm just taking a wild guess here) participate in animal cruelty...

It's not like its a widespread thing... It's so ridiculous to see you all getting angry about this...

My post was basically meant to say, who gives a fu ck? I mean... They were put here, we were put here, we're all here... We're here to live how we want... Some people want to go save animals, others want to kill them and eat them for food, some want to hunt them for fun... Some animals are meant to be killed. Some animals aren't. Think of lions and tigers again... How many people do you know that go out to kill them? They're pretty hard to do so... Not to mention cheetas... And what use would they be to us? Not much... Then think of cows and pigs... Why else would they be here with all of that protein and why else would they be so easy to kill and have so much use? WHAT REASON WOULD THESE ANIMALS BE HERE FOR? Oh yea, to live freely on this planet amongst bigger stronger animals...

If you think about it, you're all f***ing hypocrits! None of you have a clue about anything. None of you can prove whether humans or animals were here first... None of you can prove if animals even feel pain (and I'm NOT saying they don't, I don't have a damned clue, you cockheads just take everything so literally! have an imagination!)... NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING! All we know is fight to survive... Don't take that so literally... Obviously we need to coexist with everything else... But we also need to survive ourselves... Kill the weaker animals for our use... If we didn't abuse animals or kill them, we'd DIE! Plain and simple... Some of you may say that we don't need to abuse animals to survive, but then again, how can you prove that wrong? By saying the exact sentence I said? Very nice.

Anyway, you're all hypocrits... Juniorsfarm... Do me a favor... Count how many times you've swatted at flies or stepped on a spider or an ant or whatever? You preach one thing then do any other... That's the exact defination of hypocrisy...

My tip to you guys, find a new thing to b**** about. I hear war's big... Why not try saving the environment or something?

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2005, 04:27:28 AM »

People choose to go into sports. Animals are forced to perform for us. There's a difference.

By your logic, does that mean we shouldn't have house pets? And not teach them tricks? Surely you understand that we are forcing these animals to live with us and seclude them from their families and even torture them to death (ever put a cat or dog with a toddler? Not pretty)? How many pets do you have? Have you taught them any tricks? Hypocrit.  ::)

By that logic, mute humans should be mistreated too.

What in the hell are you talking about? My point of saying that animals don't talk is to show that we don't know whether or not they feel pain, whether or not they want to perform, whether or not they care, etc. What I hate more than hypocrits are stupid statements... And that was one of them.

Anyway... Hows the environment? Save any plants lately?

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2005, 04:33:55 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm

But people are ignorant and it perpetuates.

Listen to yourself before continuing...

People are ignorant. There is nothing we can do about that but continue on our own roads until death...

With your statement, all I hear for the rest of your post is hypocrit-hypocrit-bullsh.it-hypocrit... You have no clue what you are talking about. None of us do... And those are my final two-cents as well...

But anyway, CONGRATS PC!  8)

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2005, 04:39:26 AM »

HA!  So which is it?  Are you 6, or is 68 your IQ? No one with a shred of intelligence would post such idiocy.  The fact that you would assume that anyone that feels strongly about something is an activist is ridiculous. And anyone that can't fathom that animals don't feel pain just because they can't articulate it is a blithering moron. Congrats.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2005, 04:41:48 AM »

I really enjoyed that, PaulLennon68. If I had been standing in front of you, while you delivered that, I reckon
(1) You would be red in the face and neck - hey, a red neck! - from your wonderful rant.
(2) I would be covered in spittle.

I think people like you, PaulLennon68, are put here to show us other folk what "ignorant", "foolish", and "froth at the mouth" mean.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 77 queries.