Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: lefthanded?  (Read 13754 times)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
Re: lefthanded?
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2007, 01:37:43 PM »

Paul does play drums right-handed though

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »

I'm Right handed , but shoot with a Hockey stick Left -handed.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2007, 05:47:30 AM »

I've seen pictures with Ringo writing with his right hand, and everyone says he drums with his right. I always thought he was right-handed, but I don't know. Guess I should ask him! ;D
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

• A Beginning
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2007, 06:56:48 AM »

He's left-handed.  Depending on what kind of lefty you are, there is a certain amount of ambivalence.  I'm left- handed and bat right handed, drum right-handed, but write, saw, whatever, with my left hand.  Phil Collins is a strict 'Inverted Sinistral', he is left-handed and drums left-handed.  If you saw a picture of Ringo writing with his right hand, chances are the picture is inverted or turned around.  There are alot of pics that way that you'll see with Paul playing Bass right-handed and the others lefty.  They are just turned around or published wrong.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2007, 02:17:30 PM »

Apparently there is scientific evidence that suggests people who are naturally left handed who are forced to write right handed develop speach stammers. Weird hey?

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2007, 04:58:32 PM »

Quote from: 788
If you saw a picture of Ringo writing with his right hand, chances are the picture is inverted or turned around.  There are alot of pics that way that you'll see with Paul playing Bass right-handed and the others lefty.  They are just turned around or published wrong.

Where have you heard or seen that Ringo was left-handed? I always thought he was a righty. One reason why is because in the Anthology book on page 84 or something, there's a pic of him writing with his right hand. Right above that is a pic of Paul writing with his left. So, I don't know why they would switch Ringo's picture around and not Paul's. I don't know, I could be wrong. I just always thought Paul was the lefty of the group and never heard anything about Ringo being a lefty.
-Julia

• A Beginning
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2007, 05:10:12 PM »

Here's just one of the zillion sites if you google Ringo left handed.  Look under 'Role with the Beatles'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringo_Starr
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2007, 08:19:15 PM »

Whoa, I was wrong, he is left-handed. I never would've guessed that, thanks for the link, 834.  ;D
-Julia

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2007, 04:23:38 AM »

yea I was looking through the Anthology Book and I remembered reading that he was left handed but I saw him writing with his right I was so confused...

BlueMeanie

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2007, 04:46:38 AM »

Here's a Ringo quote from 1997, about 'Rain': "It's the first time I think I was playing that `snatch' hi-hat (`open' punctuations), and what helped me to do that was that I was born left-handed. I write right-handed, but if I throw or play cricket or do anything physical, I'm left-handed. So I'm sort of this left-handed guy with a right-handed kit. I cannot start on the snare, go to the top tom, and then go to the floor tom. I have to start on the floor tom and move up, so those `snatches' on the hi-hat were just to give me room to get somewhere so I could get my hands working and get my arms to move around the drums."

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2007, 01:43:56 AM »

wow so technically he's not really "left-handed"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 2.51 seconds with 62 queries.