Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Let It Be  (Read 34273 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Let It Be
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2004, 03:33:33 AM »

wayne i wouldn't sling that word around to much because you're kinda pathetic too but in a bigger way.......

Wayne L.

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2004, 05:08:55 PM »

Let It Be is a GREAT rock documentary showing the Beatles creating, arguing, jamming & rocking on the rooftop near the end proving they were a solid rock & roll band who could have toured back in 69 & possibly played Woodstock at the timedespite the personal & professionl tensions between John & Paul!!!

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2004, 06:55:48 PM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1078528563,s=20 date=1081654413]wayne i wouldn't sling that word around to much because you're kinda pathetic too but in a bigger way.......[/quote]

OH MY DEAR SWEET LORD..

I now have irish creme coffee all over my computer screen. Thank you PC

Wayne L.

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2004, 12:09:40 PM »

Let It Be is a great Beatles movie which is much better than Help & MMT even though it's mostly dismissed & highly underrated by Beatles fans because it shows the turmoil inside the band which is ridiculous despite showing them creating, arguing, jamming & rocking on the rooftop which is why the Beatles are a legendary rock band.

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2004, 01:33:18 PM »

i havn't seen it was it any good? could you explain what it was like to me?
Adam Priestle

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2004, 01:52:27 PM »

As I said before, I DON'T dislike this movie, I simply don't enjoy it! The ONLY reason I don't enjoy it is because after a while the whole bad atmosphere, which pervades throughout the sessions, affects me as well! It's like sitting down for a family meal after your parents have just had a huge row - the food is still tastes as nice as ever, but you can't wait to leave the table!

I watched this film very recently - the first 30 or so minutes (filmed between 2nd and 15 January 1969) is spent watching 4 (5, if you include Yoko) miserable faces stuck in a huge, cold film studio, playing rock and roll badly... it's pretty excrutiating! There was no magic. It was only after they moved the sessions to Apple studios on 22nd January, and drafted in Billy Preston that things livened up.

For me, the only truly redeeming moment is the rooftop concert... at least John and Paul look as if they're enjoying it!

True, the film shows the band disintergrating, but that's what makes it such complulsive viewing, and I do not underestimate its importance. But, as I've said before, it's depressing simply because the Beatles themselves are depressing.

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2004, 01:58:11 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1078528563,s=23 date=1081858180]Let It Be is a great Beatles movie which is much better than Help & MMT even though it's mostly dismissed & highly underrated by Beatles fans because it shows the turmoil inside the band which is ridiculous despite showing them creating, arguing, jamming & rocking on the rooftop which is why the Beatles are a legendary rock band. [/quote]

I don't agree, it's not better than MMT or Help. It can't be compared, Let it be is a documentary, and MMT+Help are comedies.

Harlena McStarkney

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2004, 02:02:19 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1078528563,s=0 date=1078528563]I think the Beatles classic rockumentary Let It Be is great & highly underrated for some reason even though some fans don't like it because it shows the breakup of the band but I think LIB showcases the Fab 4 at their finest creating, arguing, jamming & rocking on the rooftop near the end which proves they were a solid rock & roll band at the time despite personal & professional disagreements between John & Paul who could have toured back in 69 with the possibility of playing Woodstock.
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

strutter84

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2004, 06:14:30 AM »

I hope I'm not picking at a dry bone here, but......when is the Let It Be DVD going to be released?  I was under the impression it would coincide with the release of Let It Be Naked, which it didn't.  So what gives?

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2004, 09:16:29 PM »

I'm not sure about the release date of an official dvd, I assume it will be soon.