Other forums > Current Affairs

The New President of the USA?

<< < (3/3)

Klang:

--- Quote from: In My Life on March 06, 2012, 08:16:28 PM ---I wish I had a better grasp on politics. I mean, there's so much conflicting information flying around that I never really feel confident that I have the real story. We learned about the democratic system in school but I don't remember learning how to make an informed decision. Or maybe I was absent that day.  :)

--- End quote ---

That's pretty much the way they want it.

:(

Normandie:

You are right, Joost; someone aspiring to be President has an obligation to be 100% sure of his or her facts before spouting off on a particular topic.

There seems to be a bit of a hysterical (at least, it seems hysterical to me) tone over here in the States about euthanasia in Dutch countries (did I phrase that properly?); at least, I seem to be seeing a lot of news articles about it lately, usually with an alarmist tone.

I agree with you, Kelley; there's so much information flying around that it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.   ;)

Joost:

--- Quote from: Normandie on March 07, 2012, 01:04:03 AM ---You are right, Joost; someone aspiring to be President has an obligation to be 100% sure of his or her facts before spouting off on a particular topic.

There seems to be a bit of a hysterical (at least, it seems hysterical to me) tone over here in the States about euthanasia in Dutch countries (did I phrase that properly?); at least, I seem to be seeing a lot of news articles about it lately, usually with an alarmist tone.

--- End quote ---

For as far as I know there's just one Dutch country. ;)

I've noticed several times that conservative American politicians and media figures try to use The Netherlands as an example of the type of godless hellhole that America will turn into if they don't keep up the old christian values. We might be quite a bit more liberal about things like euthanasia, abortion, same sex marriage, soft drug use and prostitution than most countries, but believe me: we do have strics laws and regulations about all of these things, and our crime rates and life expectancy actually look quite a bit better than America's.

Bobber:
Luckily he euthanized his own campaign last night.

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Bobber on April 11, 2012, 02:28:27 PM ---Luckily he euthanized his own campaign last night.

--- End quote ---

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version