Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 14784 times)

Whoever

• Getting Better
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2007, 04:15:01 PM »

Hopefully no Tennant in 2010. That is good news.

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »

Quote from: 544
well, he is an amazing fan of dr who, he's only 7, i really don't like the show but shhhh, he has everything Dr Who, a friend of mine in Ireland collects autographs, she has every autograph going from football players, to actors to the pope!! lol

The Pope sends out his autograph?

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2007, 04:50:09 PM »

wow yeh I heard about the Doctor who taking a break plan

But apparently in 2009 there will be 4 bank holiday specials (with Tennant in)

You never know he might be back for series 5! I wouldn't put it past him actually- he is doing a few months in theatre in 2008 so it is almost as though the Doctor Who schedule works around him- making it possible for him to return if he wanted to. But its good to have changes of Doctor every so often. My guess is that they probably haven't even decided themselves when David will leave or who will be next. Hmm who knows! I'm just happy Doctor Who just keeps on going  :)
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2007, 10:12:26 PM »

Quote from: 779
Hopefully no Tennant in 2010. That is good news.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with David Tennant as Dr Who in my opinion - he's the best Doctor since John Pertwee (and Christopher Ecclestone)!

McLennon

• Getting Better
  • There are 7 levels!
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2007, 12:28:55 AM »

Quote from: 779

The Pope sends out his autograph?

apprently so! lol, she managed to get it! I think from both popes, not sure really, and the primeminster and such!

I don't mind David Tennent as this Dr Who, although I don't like the show all that much, I think he will do a christmas special aswell if i am not wrong, with that person thingie!
There are 7 levels!

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2011, 01:50:08 PM »

Question regarding the Cybermen: Since DW returned to the airwaves in 2005, a newly redesigned Cybermen from a parallel universe have been shown via John Lumic in 2006. In the series one episode, "Dalek", they show a classic Cybermen head in a showcase in Henry van Statten's alien museum. There has never been any reference an/or appearance of the original Cybermen from the planet Mondas (accept for an appearance of the mask or two). Were they somehow wiped out in a battle or galatic catastrophe? Have they kept quiet all this time? Were they somehow written out? There's been no mention of what happened to them. Or could we see the classic Cybermen reappear again? Could we see a faceoff of Classic Cybermen vs. New Cybermen? Or Classic Cybermen and New Cybermen joing forces to fight the Daleks?

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2011, 02:08:45 PM »

For once and for all, I think i would be a great idea if they did a flashback episode of DW where the 11th Doctor would tell what led to and happened during The Last Great Time War. Cast Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston to reprise their roles as the 8th and 9th Doctors, Timothy Dalton as Rassilon. Rebuild the TARDIS set from the 1996 DW movie. Show the events of what led to and happened during and after The Last Great Time War. And then show the Doctor's regenerating from the 8th to his 9th self and how the TARDIS interior got redesigned from the movie to the 9th/10th Doctors' TARDIS. And then to conclude, what brought him to Earth involving The Nestene Consciousness in the episode "Rose" that re-launched the series. This episode would bridge the 1996 DW telly movie to the current series.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2011, 03:20:48 AM »

Holy thread revamp Batman!
I can stay till it's time to go

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2013, 11:26:30 AM »

I'm a big fan, although I've only watched the new series. Tennant was by far the best Doctor. Matt Smith is funnier and sort of charming, but sometimes I feel that he fails to create tension and excitement when needed. He always seems rather laid-back (compare Tennant's reaction when Rose is absorbed to the parallel universe to Smith's reaction to Amy's death and you'll see what I mean).

I'm really looking forward to the next episodes and I think Clara may just be my favourite companion so far.

The weeping angels episodes are always exciting and the Van Gogh one is a personal favourite of mine.
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2013, 12:01:51 PM »

http://youtu.be/EV9eoYv33WI
I always liked the Red Dwarf series. I thought it had the most origional writing and you couldn't ever get a cast of characters so perfect for the show!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 1.097 seconds with 64 queries.