Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Beatles - Modern Prophets?  (Read 10800 times)

Bobber

Re: The Beatles - Modern Prophets?
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 07:13:39 AM »

This is not a religious thread. 

Yeah whatever. I don't listen too much to priests and prophets and whatever people these days.

KelMar

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 07:22:30 AM »

"We were just a band who made it very,very big, that's all."

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »

I guess my post wasn't that funny. If I was a prophet, I would have known that.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

KelMar

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »

I guess my post wasn't that funny. If I was a prophet, I would have known that.

Aww...no, it was funny. It just took me a bit to get it. Not the seven levels part, just the department store analogy. ;D

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 06:17:33 PM »

I am glad at least someone got it...
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 05:43:06 AM »

Paul McCartney April 2011 Times Interview

"We were lucky. I mean, boy, were we lucky. I liken it to the Isrealites leaving with Moses and God parting the waves - just as the pharoah and all the baddies are coming through, God closes it up. To me, that was the sixties. The waves were opened and we all had free love, girls were on the Pill, everyone thought they could do anything they wanted as long as it felt good. And then suddenly, kaboom. At the end of the sixties, it all closed over, Aids appeared and all sorts of horrible things."
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 03:32:04 PM »

As John said in 1968 about "Tomorrow Never Knows": "I didn't know what I was saying, and you just find out later. I know that when there are some lyrics I dig, I know that somewhere people will be looking at them."

It is fairly easy to see the messages and to make comparisons to teachings of prophets of the past in The Beatles' more cerebral songs, like Tomorrow Never Knows.  To examine some of the less frequently quoted lines from that song...

"Listen to the color of your dreams... it is not living." - This is saying that dreaming and fantasizing is being dead to the life that is present.  It is saying that to truly live, to experience reality, we must overcome dreams and illusions.

"That ignorance and hate may mourn the dead... it is believing." - Belief, by definition (a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing), separates beings from each other and from life itself.  Mourning the dead is most often based on emotions and beliefs that reinforce fantasies about what happens at and after death, keeping us ignorant to the reality of life and death.  We are to seek and know the truth, not stop at belief and believing in believing.

"Play the game existence to the end... of the beginning." - Referring to rebirth, implying that the destination is the journey (the present).

Living one, are you a religious person ?

Do you think The Beatles were somehow sent by God or were representing God in some way ?

No, I am a truth seeker, and my goal is not to believe, but to know.  "God" is not some separate supernatural being - God is "that which is" - God is omnipresent Life.  I think The Beatles were inspired prophets who unintentionally and unknowingly channeled messages reflective of a higher level of awareness to reveal true life, or abundant life (the present).  When we listen for the spiritual value and not just for entertainment, and perceive the meanings and messages in their songs, their music will change the world again, exponentially more profoundly than when they were performing and releasing new music.

Yeah whatever. I don't listen too much to priests and prophets and whatever people these days.

Understood, there is a lot of deception and misleading crap out there.  We all must seek and check the truth for ourselves.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:33:43 PM by Living One »
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Embrace Oneness

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 04:05:16 PM »

I think “Tomorrow Never Knows” can have several interpretations since even John didn’t know what he was saying when he wrote it. I have a Christian interpretation of it. “Love is all and love is everyone” is knowing that God is Love. “Ignorace and hate may mourn the death” because they don’t know it (“death” means “change”, not “end”). “Listen to the colours of your dreams” is not living because they may be away from God, so the other option is “Play the game existence to end of the beginning”, that is, living forever. However, both things, following your dreams and living forever are possible when your dream is God’s dream, when you finally understand that God’s will is the best for you.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »

I too am seeking the truth... and believe/know that I have found the truth.

I do not believe that God is omnipresent.

I do not look to men for truth.

I do not believe that there are any prophets alive, nor have there been for 1978 years.

I think if you believe that the Beatles music is going to change the world, as you say, you will be very disappointed. That is not where the changes are going to come from.

Although, you can find some wisdom in Beatles songs, it is NOT the truth. You can find wise sayings in many places, there is only one place that can be completely 100% trusted.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »

I do not believe that God is omnipresent.

By definition God is omnipresent. You may believe or not in God, but if God wasn't omnipresent He wouldn't be God.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 08:55:19 PM »

By definition God is omnipresent. You may believe or not in God, but if God wasn't omnipresent He wouldn't be God.

I guess we can disagree on this one. I definitely believe in God. He is omniscient, but not omnipresent.

This is not the place to have a religious discussion though.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 04:42:49 AM »

Ok. I understand that God is everywhere and beyond since there's no limits for God, but you may believe in a different God. I neither pretend to start a religious discussion, and yes, we can disagree.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.42 seconds with 64 queries.