Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 184695 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2005, 07:02:10 PM »

You might want to read that thread, "are you ashamed to be a Beatles fan?".
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Public Pervert

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2005, 07:04:40 AM »

Well I'm not really ashamed. It's just that my friends haven't heard them and think they suck or something, and I'm just afraid that they'd tease me or something because I like them.

« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2005, 04:35:44 AM »

my dad has been playing beatle songs for me since i was brought home from the hospital. lol. ive been a beatle fan for basically my whole life.
<3

newty

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2005, 09:03:03 AM »

my best friends brother was a beatles fan.
he gave me a tape when i was 12 and while i was cleaning my room it made

WOW!

the song was ANNA

i was in love with lennon and stayed that way for 5 years.
:) good times.

i am 35 now and very chuffed i did not waste my time with eighties music...(except soft cell. they rock)

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2005, 05:32:33 PM »

Quote from: Public_Pervert
Well I'm not really ashamed. It's just that my friends haven't heard them and think they suck or something, and I'm just afraid that they'd tease me or something because I like them.

Then simply tell them to give 'em a lsiten.
All You Need is Love &nbsp;:K) :K) :K)

Starry Night

• One And One Is Two
  • Merry Christmas to you children everywhere!
« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2005, 04:02:24 PM »

I remember, when I was about 5 years old, my aunt used to sing 'Obladi Oblada' to me, and I loved it. I always knew about The Beatles, but wasn't really interested. They were not together anymore, and I was too busy listening to contemporary music. Then one day I got a 'Greatest Hits' album from 'Sinterklaas' (which is a friendly bishop that only visits Dutch and Belgian children in december to give them presents because they are the nicest children in the world). It was on a sunday, and the whole day I played that record again and again and again. I was completely overwhelmed by it.

The next day I went to school and told my friend about my new obsession. "You know The Beatles?" I asked her. "Yeah, I do",  she replied, "one of them is dead." Stupid girl, she did NOT know them, like she never knew any of the actors or popgroups I liked. "No," I said in a patient tone, "they're not dead. They're alive." "No", she insisted, "one of them is dead." "Yeah, right, since when?" I asked irritated. "It happened yesterday, he has been killed." She didn't know which Beatle it was, but of course soon I found out that it was John Lennon. So I will never forget when exactly I fell in love with The Beatles. It was on the day John Lennon died.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2005, 04:08:58 PM »

^ Wow. You couldn't make that sh*t up. Good story.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2005, 11:04:15 AM »

I watched Anthology and that got me into them...

« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2005, 07:59:19 PM »

I think its just a matter of time before people discover the beatles for themselves and they love it.

CleanOldMan

• A Beginning
    • My Last.fm profile
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2005, 10:59:28 PM »

Quote from: Starry_Night
I remember, when I was about 5 years old, my aunt used to sing 'Obladi Oblada' to me, and I loved it. I always knew about The Beatles, but wasn't really interested. They were not together anymore, and I was too busy listening to contemporary music. Then one day I got a 'Greatest Hits' album from 'Sinterklaas' (which is a friendly bishop that only visits Dutch and Belgian children in december to give them presents because they are the nicest children in the world). It was on a sunday, and the whole day I played that record again and again and again. I was completely overwhelmed by it.

The next day I went to school and told my friend about my new obsession. "You know The Beatles?" I asked her. "Yeah, I do",

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2005, 11:08:24 PM »

^Wow, that's some heavy stuff.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Wonderwall

• A Beginning
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2005, 02:49:57 AM »

I became a fan shortly after the Anthology project came out in 1995. At that time I was 10.  

ThingySingy

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2005, 09:17:51 PM »

I'm a fan of the Beatles because of my father. He was born in England in thre 50's, so of course he was a huge fan of The Fab Four. He got me, and my three brothers into the Beatles.

Mean_Mr_Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2005, 03:58:23 AM »

Well ever since I remember whenever I would go over to my Dads house he would play The Beatles, And then more and more I would MAKE him play The Beatles. He usually played Abbey Road and The White Album. Songs like Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Bungalo Bill got me hooked (being about 8-9 years old those songs stood out as silly fun songs) I really only listened to those 2 cds at my dads. Then when I was about 14 I got my mom to buy me a bunch of their CD's and I have been hooked since then. I would listen to one of their CD's everynight before I went to sleep. I still at 18 will listen to at least one Beatles Album each day.  ;D

Something else that is interesting to me is I always have a Beatles song stuck in my head. For any situation in the day I have one of their songs in my head. For instance if someone is driving horribly I call them a Sunday Driver and Day tripper gets stuck in my head. The other day my friends girlfriend said "Hold my hand" And.. well you know what song got stuck in my head.  ;D

Benreturns

• A Beginning
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2005, 10:37:24 PM »

I was into a band in the UK called Oasis (still am!) and when their 3rd album came out there was such a hype that some people were comparing it to this album call Sgt Pepper ( i was 14 at the time i think ) and I once innocently enough asked my dad about this old album and he just put it on for me on the headphones (and whats this colourfull carboard cover thingy... and thats a big CD!) as soon as i heard the opening bars i was hooked good and proper. Literally as soon as Pauls vocal came in I was hooked, the harmonies, beat, style, groove and then the way it 'melts' into With a Little Help from my Friends (I also thought hey I KNOW this song from somewhere!) then I was buzzed out by Lucy in the Sky... and so on.  It as like I was at home and I got SO excited by the album I asked all my mates if theyd heard it (Of course they hadnt and thought I was weird...)

I then went back through all the plastic in my dads collection and had pretty much the same reaction to all the albums and that lead me to the Rolling Stones, The Who, The Kinks (I remember playing You Really got Me on repeat for literally hours on end!), beach boys etc... I then thought wow where did all this great music come from? So I read up then went back into Rock and Roll and then the Blues and then forward to Motown and Soul music and R n B etc...
I still listen to Oasis by the way! Cheers Noel and Liam!

Valerie Harrison

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2005, 11:34:31 PM »

Well, my parents used to be, and still are, huge fans of them, especially my dad, so I grew up listening to their music. But I wasn't such a huge fan. Then, two friends of mine, decided to turn me into a fan... And they did! So here I am. A huge fan of The Beatles and completely obsessed with them. I even have the Yellow Submarine tattooed on my right shoulder (back side)!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2005, 07:30:21 PM »

Well, I didn't, really. Brian did, y'know. :-/
As usual, I was late. ;D

Heart

• A Beginning
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2005, 06:06:42 PM »

I grew up listening to lots of oldies. They never really said the names of the groups, though. My favorites were always the beatles. I'd wait for "can't buy me love" to come on the radio. :)
 For christmas when I was 6 or 7 (I can't remember) my parents bought me With the beatles. It was my first cd. :)
 About a year ago, I rediscovered them after becoming increasingly frustrated with music out today (minus a few).
 I now own all of the cds and they are my favorite band. :)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2005, 06:21:29 PM »

Quote from: Heart
... I rediscovered them after becoming increasingly frustrated with music out today (minus a few)....

It's the case of lots of people. Embarrassing era, this one.  :B  8)

JimColyer

• A Beginning
  • I wrote Save The Planet.
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2005, 05:58:26 PM »

I first heard of The Beatles in the summer of 1963 when "From Me To You" was on the radio.  I thought they were black.  Del Shannon had out a cover version of "From Me To You," and radio was playing his record as much as it was playing The Beatles.  Del was the first American to cover a Beatles song.  I was 17 that summer and deep in my first romance.  That was about to end.

JIM COLYER  http://www.jimcolyer.com/bio  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 84 queries.