Solo forums > John Lennon

Book:The Lives of John Lennon

<< < (4/6) > >>

Snoopy66:
This book is rubbish and it's proscribed for many John-fans. I only read parts of it, but the sensational style said it all to me. Of course, the may be some truth in it, just over-decorated with exaggerations and speculations which hardly one can prove. Overall, it's even not worth talking about such crap.

Too bad that Goldman got so much publicity with this book when it came out. He made a similar rubbish-book about Elvis before. Of course, it's so easy to make money on famous people who cannot defend themselves anymore. There are so many other, much better and more accurate books about John's life's.

Snoopy

nimrod:
yes Snoopy, I couldnt help noticing as well that Fred Seaman has a photo of himself in his book standing beside Goldmans book, and mentioning him as a friend, which makes me wonder if theres a lot of fairytales in his book also

As you say mate (and as G Martin & Paul )says in the interview its easy to attack dead people who cant defend themselves

Dcazz:
I agree with Harihead pretty much! I bought the book when it first came out and was a bit suprised at how Goldman went after John. Most books up to that point had been from authors that were inquisitive in a positive way. I think IMHO this was the first book about him where the author just did not like John Lennon. It took most fans by suprise as they thought they were in for another fan orientated book. I think some of it is valid, but it doesn't make any excuses for him for sure!

nimrod:

--- Quote from: Dcazz on October 17, 2012, 05:08:05 PM ---I agree with Harihead pretty much! I bought the book when it first came out and was a bit suprised at how Goldman went after John. Most books up to that point had been from authors that were inquisitive in a positive way. I think IMHO this was the first book about him where the author just did not like John Lennon. It took most fans by suprise as they thought they were in for another fan orientated book. I think some of it is valid, but it doesn't make any excuses for him for sure!

--- End quote ---

I tend to think that by suggesting thing like John being gay, he knew the book would gain lots of publicity and he would probably makes a lot of money, as George said, he wouldve ended up in court if John was still alive, but he wasnt so cant defend himself.

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: nimrod on October 17, 2012, 11:27:21 PM ---I tend to think that by suggesting thing like John being gay, he knew the book would gain lots of publicity and he would probably makes a lot of money, as George said, he wouldve ended up in court if John was still alive, but he wasnt so cant defend himself.

--- End quote ---
I think his point is quite right as well. I've read the gay thing in a couple of other books whose titles escape me now. I don't think it's true but with both Brian and John being passed we'll never know. At this time past we don't need to. I did find his sumation of his personality fairly interesting and would have to read it again to discuss it in detail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version